The countdown to Jet arrival in the Uk started a few days ago, with the receipt of the Sticker from the CFO and the purchase of that all important, morale boosting one-way ticket.

It stands at ... 8 days to go... and 1 wake up...

Today she went to get her X-ray done, and first thing tomorrow morning she will go with it to the City Health to obtain her Health Certificate to show, to Immigration, on arrival in Manchester Airport.
Hoping that she will not have to be screened here, thus saving time and hassle.

The pad is nearly ready. After many years of neglect, I kind of gone a bit wild with the spending... but what the heck... She is worth every penny.

Amazing, the amount of useless stuff collected over the time here. Bags and bags full of junk which is no point in keeping any longer.
The charity shops will survive with what I will donate for quite a while.
I shredded 2 bin bags full of old papers, bank & CC statements, wage slips dating from 1998. I put tons of other stuff in the attic, and there still is more to go...
I thought of posting a few items on Ebay, but after reflection, they are not worth the time of the day. It is just misguided sentimental value really.

8 more days and this chapter will come to a conclusion. Jet will be finally here.
The wait, the anxiety, the misgivings, the hassle of dealing with selectively deaf immigration officials, is all over...

Soon the real test will start....

Again, without the encouragement, help and information drawn from this site, it would certainly have been a much longer and distressing affair.

Thanks everyone.