Thread: overdraft

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member

overdraft

Hello Everybody!

I am new to this forum. I will lodge my application on 26th of september. I am worried about the bank statement of my husband. He has an overdraft balance on his account but sice he got his job last sept. 06 it is getting lesser now from 3000 to 1,500 this time. He has a permanent job and he is earning 300+weekly. My question is, is there a possibility that they will grant me a visa even if his statement is negative? He has a house where we could live and a regular income that could support us financially.

I am hoping any comments and suggestions.

If you're applying for a Fiancée visa he needs to be in profit for around £2000 to be on the safe side, with no negative on the supplied statements. If a Spouse visa, you can go as you are with the bank, but still it's best to be in profit.

If he explains the situation to the bank manager, he could give him a 6 month loan to tide him over, you'd the have to wait for the debt to vanish off the statements.

Don't give them any reasons on the application to deny you.
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joyce View Post
    Hello Everybody!

I am new to this forum. I will lodge my application on 26th of september. I am worried about the bank statement of my husband. He has an overdraft balance on his account but sice he got his job last sept. 06 it is getting lesser now from 3000 to 1,500 this time. He has a permanent job and he is earning 300+weekly. My question is, is there a possibility that they will grant me a visa even if his statement is negative? He has a house where we could live and a regular income that could support us financially.

I am hoping any comments and suggestions.

My friend was on the same situation when she applied her spouse visa, because of the overdraft she was been called for the interview and they told her that her husband can't support her because of the overdraft. So, my friend was been refused to have a spouse visa because of her husband bank statement showing the overdraft. I'm not posting this to threathen you but they might do the same thing to you.

london well away from those people up norf
    As Mr admin saysif you have no choice to go ahead then make sure your hubby and you have written lots in your cover letter/s about how your budget together will be ok sowing outgoings now while your in phill for your hubby and also once your in the UK.

If you show them it will not affect you overall you might be ok.

As Mr Admin also says it maybe best to "Borrow " some money to make the account look ok. Does he have any family who can put some money in his account which can be returned once the application is over?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    As Mr admin saysif you have no choice to go ahead then make sure your hubby and you have written lots in your cover letter/s about how your budget together will be ok sowing outgoings now while your in phill for your hubby and also once your in the UK.

If you show them it will not affect you overall you might be ok.

As Mr Admin also says it maybe best to "Borrow " some money to make the account look ok. Does he have any family who can put some money in his account which can be returned once the application is over?
    thank you very much for the comments. I appreciate it very much. My husband has 2 accounts. In his other account as of august statement he has an available balance of 700. I have my own savings amounting to 125t in peso. In his letter of support he stated there that he can afford to support me with his income. He is earning 300+ weekly, but his overdraft was due to the past year that he got sick and he was not working that time. He started his job last sept. 06 and he stated it to his letter that since that time he has a regular work. His overdraft is getting down now from 3,000 to 1,500. Is it ok if I will answer YES to the question that I intend to work in the UK and I receive support from my family? We have our family business, I have a share from it. We have a passenger jeepneys and a corn farm.

Once again thank you for your reply.

hi joyce,ill be applying too on this month for a fiancee visa but i guess urs is a spousal visa since ure married already..based on what ive read on this forum and on peter's site, if u are on a spousal visa u are allowed to work..
    so i guess u can say Yes on the question on the form if u want to work in UK..

but still I need confirmation of this with our respected friends here..

Respected Member
    Thank you for your comments. When will you be going to Manila? I will be going to Manila on the 25th of september. Are you familiar with the jeepney that is going to VFS?

Thank you for your comments. When will you be going to Manila? I will be going to Manila on the 25th of september. Are you familiar with the jeepney that is going to VFS?
    Shouldn't you be taking a cab Joyce? Take extra care though...but oh! Pls take the cab...I can explain the route but it is a bit complicated. PM me if you fancy but I warn you, I am hopeless with direction and with all the %@##*^!+ going through my head now, I doubt if I can give you proper instructions and yeah, been drinking loads of coffee since waking up and some Durian fruit, I am drunk! But PM me, I'll take you to VFS. And trust me I can still drive.
    The bravest thing that men do is love women--Mort Sahl

Quote Originally Posted by gracia143 View Post
    Shouldn't you be taking a cab Joyce? Take extra care though...but oh! Pls take the cab...I can explain the route but it is a bit complicated. PM me if you fancy but I warn you, I am hopeless with direction and with all the %@##*^!+ going through my head now, I doubt if I can give you proper instructions and yeah, been drinking loads of coffee since waking up and some Durian fruit, I am drunk! But PM me, I'll take you to VFS. And trust me I can still drive.
    Yap listen to her... Just take a cab, makes your life more easier.. hehehe
    There is only one happiness in life...
    TO AND BE D ...

where u from?im from quezon city..

O V E R D R A F T is a word that readily affects me and stirrs my emotion these days...if any of you understands what I meant to saythank you very much!

Respected Member
    O V E R D R A F T is a word that readily affects me and stirrs my emotion these days...if any of you understands what I meant to saythank you very much!
    You mean your hubby has an overdraft account also? But you don't apply yet for a visa? My husband asked his overdraft to an immigration consultant and he said an application cannot be refused because someone is using an authorised overdraft. As long as he shows that he can afford to support me until i find a job i am ok. My husband has a job and he is earning 300+ per week and his overdraft is getting lesser this time from 3,000 to 1,500. He has an overdraft because he was ill for the past year and he had no work that time. Since Sept. o6 he got a job. The immigration consultant said that as long as he has a regular income it is ok.
    I hope that I can get a visa even if my husband has an overdraft account.

Once again thank you for your comment.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    where u from?im from quezon city..
    I am from Mindanao. I will be there in Manila on the 25th of september and I will stay in Pasay City.

I am from Mindanao. I will be there in Manila on the 25th of september and I will stay in Pasay City.
    hi Joyce, where in Pasay City u will stay?i dont know exactly how to go to the VFS by jeepneys but like Ate Gracia have said it would be better to take the cab..so we dont get lost..

my BF have been telling me that he has an overdraft of L1000. but we always say to each other he got more money than our friends because they have loans to pay and we dont.
    overdraft can be paid once you are both earning money

Quote Originally Posted by theresa View Post
    my BF have been telling me that he has an overdraft of L1000. but we always say to each other he got more money than our friends because they have loans to pay and we dont.
    Is that it? Simple as that? I should be telling myself that too Theresa

Talking

Is that it? Simple as that? I should be telling myself that too Theresa
    what i mean is always think positive overdraft is just a part of a relationship married or in a relationship. i was before but we overcome that. so be happy dont think of the negative side.

what i mean is always think positive overdraft is just a part of a relationship married or in a relationship. i was before but we overcome that. so be happy dont think of the negative side.
    Been telling ourselves...you see, if one is in this kind of situation I am in now...they would understand how I feel. This waiting could make one kill an a battalion of enemies...I could do that too, now, hand me the machine guns... unsa man ni oy automatic rifle...ambi tong uban dinha Prett_d30 bi...

Ahh itsme_eye you're right...

Respected Member

My hubby also was telling me before that he has an overdraft but he said that he started to lesser it since he got a job. I know I can help my husband when I will be with him in the UK. As couple you should help each other. As long as I will not become burden to their government it is not a problem, as it says that applicant has no recourse to public funds. My husband stated in his letter of support that he earn enough to keep me in good standard of living without having to ask me to go to work and have no need to ask public funds in the form of rent rebate, help with council tax. I have also my own savings amounting to 125t in pesos and I have a passenger jeepneys. Can I use this as my other supporting documents that I will not be a burden to the government?

Thank you very much for your comments.

about a loan or an overdraft, as long as you explain about your overdraft and can prove that there will be 'no recourse to public funds' then you should be fine , but depending on the amount of the overdraft or the case worker dealing with it there is always a small risk of your app being refused.

like scouser keith says, and i agree, minimize the risk of refusal by getting at least £2000-£3000 in your bank account and showing on all your last 6 bank statements..

a number of ways to do this, get a loan to pay off your overdraft and enough so you have around £3k in the account, pay the loan off over say 3 or 5 years, or once you have made the visa app pay it all off. but you really don't want to send the bank statement showing the money going into your account, the embassy is not totally , so once the money is in your account, you'll have to wait 6 months til you have 6 bank statements , but if you had a overdraft and are refused you would have to reply apply and pay and wait again anyway..

another way, is if you have a credit card, transfer say £300 or more a month from it to your bank account, so after 6 months you'll have £2000+ or whatever in your bank, once again soon as you've made your app pay the credit card off with the money, but you'll be paying more intrest on a credit card..

also remember if its a fiancee visa, you will need to apply for FLR after 6 months anyway, so you'll need to go thru al this again, so it might be better, depending on your finances, to get a loan and keep the money in your bank account until at least you've appiled for FLR before paying the loan or credit card off.

i've applied for many visa's, never was 1 bank statement showing a overdraft (even thou i have a free one on my account) as i wanted to minimise the risk of refusal, because i didn't want to pay again and the time delay, thou there is a good chance that your overdraft will not effect your app, but i do the best i can to reduce the risk, since last nov, i've spent about £2300 on visa fees, i did the best i can, and made sure, i didn't get any refused and so not having to reapply and pay £4600 in visa fees

what looks better a bank statement showing your overdrawn or one with £2000+ in ? . also the embassy or the 'lunatics' at lunar house don't know i have a bank loan, and for about the last 4 visa's i applied for, i've used a bank loan to keep my bank account showing £3,000+ .

anyway finances is only 1 part of the 3 thnigs you have to prove, don't forget to show you have a relationship and also adequate accomonadtion to, and you be fine

I think you don't have to tell the interviewer that your friends has loans to pay out compared to yourself and that you are well of......show more evidence.....

oh no you dont have to, sorry of i mislead this thread. my bad

Did you say Mindanao? And wherabouts in Pasay? Sayon ra gyud og subayon ra nimo ang Buendia pero duh pag taxi oy! And yes he has an overdraft which worries me and it has been 8weeks wala pa ang visa. But anyway, PM me if you need more info on how to get to the VFS, I shall be more than willing to help. Keep safe!

Did you say Mindanao? And wherabouts in Pasay? Sayon ra gyud og subayon ra nimo ang Buendia pero duh pag taxi oy! And yes he has an overdraft which worries me and it has been 8weeks wala pa ang visa. But anyway, PM me if you need more info on how to get to the VFS, I shall be more than willing to help. Keep safe!
    hi Ate Gracia,

dont worry too much, i know it will be granted soon..like Joyce i will be applying mine by last week of this month too,i know there are times im being makulit on texting u..in the next few weeks i will be in the same situation,andd for sure the same feelings as u have but im sure we can overcome it..and who knows by next week, the next time ur posting a thread here u will be so happy because u receive ur visa already..God bless..

Respected Member
    Thank you very much Grace. Yes, I'm from Mindanao. I will stay in Protacio St. Corner Recto Pasay. When I went to the British Embassy last december I rode a jeepney with a signboard landmark from Libertad. How far is the VFS office from the embassy? Did your husband made a letter of explanation why is it that he has an overdraft on his account? The immigration consultant said that the application cannot be refused because your sponsor is using an authorised overdraft. It means that it has an incoming amount to his account and he starts to lessen his overdraft. Don't worry you will get your visa soon. Are you applying for a spouse visa also?

Thank you very much Grace. Yes, I'm from Mindanao. I will stay in Protacio St. Corner Recto Pasay. When I went to the British Embassy last december I rode a jeepney with a signboard landmark from Libertad. How far is the VFS office from the embassy? Did your husband made a letter of explanation why is it that he has an overdraft on his account? The immigration consultant said that the application cannot be refused because your sponsor is using an authorised overdraft. It means that it has an incoming amount to his account and he starts to lessen his overdraft. Don't worry you will get your visa soon. Are you applying for a spouse visa also?
    Nice to hear from you Joyce! I've lodged my application 8weeks ago(fiancee visa). Sorry I flipped a bit yesterday but I feel better now and you're right it's an authorized overdraft. My fiance works as a Chairman in one of the Tribunal Courts in London so I really need not worry. But anyway, I know that you all would understand me so I wasn't really embarrassed to just let out my worries on the forum. I can give you the directions if you like over the phone so just let me know or PM me and I can give you my number. I used to live in Pasay but I am now in Malate. Fancy a cup of coffee? But anyway, thanks so much for sharing the info about the overdraft.

And Joe, thanks again! God bless you guys!!! I'm laughing at myself now.

Thanks Kim! I'll try not to worry anymore...

Thread Information