Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Man In Town!

Respected Member

Its not just a case of who is `single and available` - i am! ... err lets not go there again.
    Ian, - if you are just looking for a mail-order-bride this is not the place. we are like a community (sometimes disfunctional i know). and you have to take some suggestions and posts with a pinch`o`salt.
    It just so happens that Tom is a Leaprachaun stud-muffin! - or so he thinks,(lets keep it a secret eh?)

sorry Tom i didnt see you lurkin behind the Guiness there

Respected Member
    "Ian, - if you are just looking for a mail-order-bride this is not the place."

Thanks for that. I lived and worked in Thailand from 1988 to 1990. From 1990 to 2002 I was married to a Thai lady and my subsequent relationship with another Thai has recently irrevocably broken up. I speak reasonable Thai and am an addict of Thai food and culture. While married I helped my wife to get a good job, learn English, learn to drive, and I now pay her a fortune in maintenance. I spent many a happy week in her rice farming village, and I'm proud of what she has become. Similarly, my second partner now has a very good job and a good life here (not to mention another boyfriend . . . ). Thats 19 years of living and breathing Thai culture. . . . so I'm a bit beyond the mail order bride stage now!

Which begs the question: why am I particularly thinking of a filipino lady. A question I have thought long and hard about. The fact is that after so many years, I like Asian women. I like their looks and I like their sparkle and vigour. I have no stupid misconceptions about them being meek or compliant - I prefer feisty. I'm 47. I've been on dating websites for 6 months and met plenty of nice ladies I would happily be mates with, but none that had that spark. Maybe I'm addicted, or too long gone? A Thai lady might also fit the bill, and I like the anglo Thai community. But, as I've said, I've got filipino friends and I happen to like them.

Sorry if this is boringly open, and I kind of expected the question so no offence taken!

Ian

. . so I'm a bit beyond the mail order bride stage now!
    Just use the catalogue I sent as loo paper then
    Keith - Administrator

Respected Member

Cheers Ian

Welcome to the forum!

Respected Member
    Thanks again for the warm welcome.

By the way, is there a way of sending private messages out to members or letting people know my email address?

Ian

Hi IanB... yes you can send private messages to the members and as long as you have indicated your email address on your profile they can send you one.
    HOpe you will meet your dream filipina here soon....

Newbie (Restricted Access)

hello ian

i am also new here,wish u luck of searching the "MISS RIGHT" be patient im sure the right one will come along without any notice....god bless you..

cherry

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    Thanks again for the warm welcome.

By the way, is there a way of sending private messages out to members or letting people know my email address?

Ian
    I think you have to make so many posts before its enabled and become a respected member.

this is the forum for you. lots of nice and friendly people here. Just keep reading the topics you'll meet the one for you one day.

HI theresa nice to see you....

Hi Ian..goodluck

Respected Member
    Thanks for the good wishes and nice thoughts.

Ian

Respected Member
    Firstly: how long do I have to remain a newbie?

Secondly: Blimey. I know this is quick but three weeks ago I got in contact with a lady in the Philippines. We are getting on extremely well and exchanging emails every day, as well as phone calls and webcam chats. I won't go into more, but I have a good feeling about her. Lets see what happens!

Ian

hi IanB,

its nice to hear that u have had exchange emails and phone calls with a filipina..I hope everything will be ok for both of u..

Goodluck..

Newbie (Restricted Access) space1999's Avatar
    Hi Ian

Welcome...I just joined too...last night in fact. Seems were both searching. Rather than competition maybe we can give each other advice...good luck mate...I live in Leicester.

BTW...has anyone heard of Jaminintroductions.com uluckily there are no filipino women on their database. baically, it's an intro agency where ladies are alredy in UK....anybody heard...mind you if this is filipino forum maybe I am asking silly question?

Rob

hi Rob, Im sure u will find ur filipina partner too soon..

Respected Member

Smile

Well, I didn't mean for this to happen so soon, but a few weeks ago I met Mae over the internet. Since then we have spent an hour or two chatting every day. You all know the story.

She has given me something to be happy about, and I certainly hope to go out to see her soon. We will take our time, but I have a good feeling about her and we certainly seem to have hit it off.

Thanks for all of your kind wishes, I will keep you informed of progress.

Ian

PS I'm not a newbie any more! I can PM and all sorts of things!

Banned
    Take your time guys...

Don't mention the love or marriage words just yet, wait for when you actually take the plunge and give your credit cards a bit of exercising with flight tickets and suchlike....

Meet the ladies in question, the families, etc..
    Don't be too eager to jump into bed, respect goes a long way
    Don't get put off if they already have a child, give them a fair chance.
    If you don't want to take the kids on... Then you have no business in starting a relationship with the mother.
    If you are destined to be together that first meeting will tell you everything.
    Be ready for a long distance relationship, the hardships that it brings, the heartache, the various expenses associated with communication of any sort, the misunderstandings between each other.
    I could go on forever....

But above all, be specific and above board, they love sincerity, don't lead them up the garden path....

Pinays are a breed apart, the warmest, friendliest, and trusting of all females of the species and also the most beautiful and alluring... They are for life.

I ain't finished yet, but Jet is looking over my shoulders....

Respected Member
    Thanks, all good advice. When I married my first wife, who was Thai, she was terrified of telling me that she had a daughter, even though it was obvious to me. After 6 months or so she flet freer to tell me and the daughter came to live with us in Bangkok, and eventually to England 17 years ago. She now has her own little daughter and is to all intents and purposes fully settled here. But she always remembers she is Thai, and we are all proud of that.

Strangely, I found out after I left Thailand that another youngster who my wife said was her sister was actually her daughter! By the time I found out she was too old to come to the UK, and I always felt very sad and bitter on her behalf.

When I divorced my wife I took my responsibilities seriously and I am still paying her a huge amount of maintenance every week. I brought her here and I have no intention of abandoning her.

So, hopefully you can see I am not the sort of guy to lead anyone up the garden path. As for the love word - your advice is well received but too late!

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information