Thread: exchanging cni for philippine version

exchanging cni for philippine version

just want to check what i will need,

firstly make appointment at least 2 weeks in advance, using online click system

1/fee £65 payable in peso cash,
    2/my passport,
    3/my uk cni,
    4/my original divorce decree absolute,

anything else of mine i will need?

do they need photo copies for their records ?

do i need any of Lolitas's documents ?

do i need an application form before i go or is it all sorted at the appointment?

one other question, applying for marriage licence, there is nothing to do either at british embassy or phil embassy, for civil wedding apply at city hall ?

just the cni exchange?

when i got married i didnt go to embasy so saved the fee we both needed to go nso office to fill in paper work cant remember fee showed my cni they did local cni check that was ok 3 days later we went to town hall booked wedding filled in all docs needed copied all that they needed doing then 12 days later were married i could ask wife tomorrow she will know

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    when i got married i didnt go to embasy so saved the fee we both needed to go nso office to fill in paper work cant remember fee showed my cni they did local cni check that was ok 3 days later we went to town hall booked wedding filled in all docs needed copied all that they needed doing then 12 days later were married i could ask wife tomorrow she will know
    Not that old chestnut again hawk please.
    You luckily got away with it, but it's not something to suggest to others as it's not in line with Philippine law.
    It's just not worth the risk for a small cost and a visit to the Embassy.

From Article 21 of The Family Code of The Philippines:-

When either or both of the contracting parties are citizens of a foreign country, it shall be necessary for them before a marriage license can be obtained, to submit a certificate of legal capacity to contract marriage, issued by their respective diplomatic or consular officials.
    The highlighting was done by me and does not appear that way in the Family Code.
    I did it to emphasise the fact that the local CNI must be issued by the Embassy. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post

1/fee £65 payable in peso cash,
    2/my passport,
    3/my uk cni,

anything else of mine i will need?

do they need photo copies for their records ?

do i need any of Lolitas's documents ?

do i need an application form before i go or is it all sorted at the appointment?

one other question, applying for marriage licence, there is nothing to do either at british embassy or phil embassy, for civil wedding apply at city hall ?

just the cni exchange?
    Trying to remember what I needed for my exchange 2 years ago, did mine at the British consulate in Cebu though.
    Your right so far, pretty sure I needed my birth cert and my future wifes birth cert and some other form of ID and a NSO Cenomar not more tan 3 months old. If wife was peviously married it gets more complicated, annulment papers etc. Definitely make photo copies of every thing.
    No embassies involved with civil weddings just marriage licence etc.
    Good luck.

thanks Keith

lol i know its always worth a try

when we prepare our civil wedding we went to uk embassy to exchange his CNI i brought my birth certificate,singleness from NSO and postal ID then his birth certificate, CNI from UK, passport and fee ... only the partner is allowed to go with him inbside the embassy, after that we went to city hall for marriage license it only took 1 or 2days i think .. we just attend to the seminars ... then they give you certificate ... mine is still attach on my marriage contract from city hall even his Singleness certificate

we paid 120pesos for counselling/seminar then 2 weeks before you can get it then you can get married even the day your marriage license release
    ... based on our receipt it only took a day .. need the appearance of bride and groom. you cant get married without marriage license even civil wedding

Quote Originally Posted by rhaichard View Post
    when we prepare our civil wedding we went to uk embassy to exchange his CNI i brought my birth certificate,singleness from NSO and postal ID then his birth certificate, CNI from UK, passport and fee ... only the partner is allowed to go with him inbside the embassy, after that we went to city hall for marriage license it only took 1 or 2days i think .. we just attend to the seminars ... then they give you certificate ... mine is still attach on my marriage contract from city hall even his Singleness certificate
    thank you

when applying for uk cni, what name do i put for lolita,

on her birth certificate and cenomar they are , her 1st name, her mothers maiden name as middle name, her fathers surname as her surname,

on everything else, she has second name is fathers surname and her departed husbands surname,

do i use the names as on cenomar and birth certificate for cni?

1/fee £65 payable in peso cash, IT COSTS 4400 p
    2/my passport,
    3/my uk cni,

anything else of mine i will need? Not for me.

do they need photo copies for their records ? YES you need copies of passport & CNI & other documents you are taking.

do i need any of Lolitas's documents ? YES if she is not attending or attending with you. CENOMAR, BIRTH CERTIF as valid ID and copies.

do i need an application form before i go or is it all sorted at the appointment? All you need to to is book on line and turn up .. advise you to print copy of booking.

one other question, applying for marriage licence, there is nothing to do either at british embassy or phil embassy, for civil wedding apply at city hall ? CORRECT .. you need to go to the CITY HALL
    and see the REGISTRAR and fill on the forms and pay a small fee. Wait 10 days or 12 if weekend.
    ATTEND the Pre-marriage Seminar as advised at that time by them.

just the cni exchange?
    Hope this helps
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Quote Originally Posted by songz777 View Post
    Hope this helps
    thanks, thats nice and clear

booked my appointment to exchange cni at british embassy manila, by clickbook
    for september, the booking slots seem to be going pretty fast, only the odd 1 slot between now and september,
    hope this below was the right one i used ?somebody please tell me if im wrong

Certificate of No Impediment (CNI) to an intended Marriage Php4420.00 (30 min)

APPLICABLE FEE: Fee 11(i) Issuing a certificate that no impediment to an intended marriage, has been shown to exist IMPORTANT: A certificate of no impediment (CNI) states that you are free to ma...

booked my flight also

That looks OK to me Stewart

Be sure to take the needed ID and payment

Oh, and don't miss that appointment

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    That looks OK to me Stewart

Be sure to take the needed ID and payment

Oh, and don't miss that appointment
    10.30 am think i should be able to rise and shine by then, there wasn't any later appointments and the others were too early , Lolita is an early riser so she will kick me out my pit

10.30 am think i should be able to rise and shine by then,there wasn't any later appointments and the others were too early, Lolita is an early riser so she will kick me out my pit
    I'm sure you'll make it. Better to be early. You know the traffic in Manila.

I'm sure you'll make it. Better to be early. You know the traffic in Manila.
    Lolita plans to arrive in manila 4 or 5 days before me, she has contacts, and every possibility of finding somewhere fairly close to the embassy, for much less than hotel, as we will be in manila we guess for at least a month, perhaps 2 months, what with the 13a etc

If you stay at the airport allow 2 hours to get there.We got there in 1.5 hours in the bad traffic. All the best. I did mine 1st July and all will go well with you as long as you have all the correct documents and copies of each
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Quote Originally Posted by songz777 View Post
    If you stay at the airport allow 2 hours to get there.We got there in 1.5 hours in the bad traffic. All the best. I did mine 1st July and all will go well with you as long as you have all the correct documents and copies of each
    i can see me staying up all night just to make sure i make it,

or camp on the doorstep overnight, like its a first day big sale

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Don't worry Stewart, you'll make it on time!

Lolita plans to arrive in manila 4 or 5 days before me, she has contacts, and every possibility of finding somewhere fairly close to the embassy, for much less than hotel, as we will be in manila we guess for at least a month, perhaps 2 months, what with the 13a ect
    Despite the common view of Manila, there's a million really great things to experience. It'll be great!!

i seem to have got confused regarding the death certificate of lolita's late husband,

i know this is needed for city hall to apply for marraige licence, i was thinking it was only needed for city hall but
    is it also needed for exchanging my cni at the embassy,

i hope not because lolita has failed to apply in good time with nso for death certificate it will not be issued until 19th sept and the cni exchange appointment is on the 18th,

can someone please help clear this up,

i been reading cni requirments in philippine british embassy and am unsure if by death certificate they mean of my ex spouse or lolita's late husband

im franticaly searching now

Stewart, the CNI is for you only.
    The exchange at British Embassy is a legal requirement for you only.
    It's your personal Certificate of No Impediment (Legal Capacity to Marry)

Stewart please read this - Explanatory Notice to British Nationals Contemplating Marriage in the Philippines and put those worries out of your mind.

Stewart, the CNI is for you only.
    The exchange at British Embassy is a legal requirement for you only.
    It's your personal Certificate of No Impediment (free to marry)
    oh thank goodness for that

i can stop panicking now
    i didnt give it too much thought before as i thought we would have all documents we need,
    so at worst it will just be city hall appointment to delay while we wait for the document, her sister will post it out to us while we are still in manila ,

thanks peter

oh thank goodness for that

i can stop panicking now
    i didnt give it too much thought before as i thought we would have all documents we need,
    so at worst it will just be city hall appointment to delay while we wait for the document, her sister will post it out to us while we are still in manila ,

thanks peter
    I edited my post at the same time you posted.
    I added the link to British Embassy note. Just take a look to see it written Officially

thats what i have i saved as pdf for quick reference, and was reading over i confused myself with it,

annex b,,,,, if widowed ,, it means if i am not lolita

also i read annex c and got puzzled, thanks for the link though and peace of mind

Thread Information