Thread: Anyone here applying for ILR from mid October?

Respected Member

Anyone here applying for ILR from mid October?

As I understand there will be changes on October 2013, Should I take ESOL for the language requirement or B1 equivalent? This is the only thing i need to do before the application as I have done Life in the UK.
    Please anyone who has knowledge regarding this issue your advice is greatly appreciated.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Maritess ILR due May 2014, she's already done Life in the UK and she has to do her IELTS again as it expires eight days before her ILR application, she's just bought the IELTS book with CD from W H Smiths £24 so she can use that as a refresher course!

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ynwa View Post
    As I understand there will be changes on October 2013, Should I take ESOL for the language requirement or B1 equivalent? This is the only thing i need to do before the application as I have done Life in the UK.
    Please anyone who has knowledge regarding this issue your advice is greatly appreciated.
    The new English test requirement for settlement and naturalisation would start on 28 October 2013. If you would apply your ILR before that date then you don't have to submit an English test result.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member
    Goodluck on Maritess application next year. She is very well prepared.

Respected Member
    Thank you Rayna. All systems go glad to know I don't need the English test. I will definitely apply before 28 October as my FLR expires on the 5th of November.

My wifes flr expires on october 3rd. So she will be applying for ILR. I assume she doesnt need anymore tests or whatever because we are not sure. it is really hard to get the proper info from the ukba website

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    My wifes flr expires on october 3rd. So she will be applying for ILR. I assume she doesnt need anymore tests or whatever because we are not sure. it is really hard to get the proper info from the ukba website
    She won't need an English test but make sure she'd take the Life in the UK test and pass it. It's a requirement for ILR.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Rayna is the english test like the IELTS and what level is B1 or would my wife have to take a different test when she applies for FLR in 2015 thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Rayna is the english test like the IELTS and what level is B1 or would my wife have to take a different test when she applies for FLR in 2015 thanks...
    Yes mark, IELTS is one of the approved English test. B1 level is equal to a band score of 4. I believe your wife would take another IELTS test for her nursing work right? She can use that for her FLR/ILR application provided that the test certificate/result is not expired.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Cheers Rayna for clarifying B1 equivalent to level 4 she certainly is way above that and yes it will still be valid by the time she applies for FLR.

Thread Information