Thread: Spousal Visa Help

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Spousal Visa Help

Hi Good Morning Everyone,

Anyone can help us. We got married last month and We would like to know if do I need to change or apply a new philppine passport bearing the family name of my bristish husband? My current passport will expire on August 12, 2016. Hope somebody will enligthen us.

One more help, Do I need that guidance counselling certificate or the Certificate of filipino overseas?

Thank you so much...
    shiela and david otter

Quote Originally Posted by sdotter5078 View Post

Anyone can help us. We got married last month and We would like to know if do I need to change or apply a new philppine passport bearing the family name of my bristish husband? My current passport will expire on August 12, 2016. Hope somebody will enligthen us.

One more help, Do I need that guidance counselling certificate or the Certificate of filipino overseas?

Thank you so much...
    shiela and david otter

Hi Shiela.

As regards the CFO yes you need to visit the CFO and attend the GCC Guidance & councelling session and get a certificate, without this you cannot apply for your visa. The second part of this is the CFO sticker which you will need to attend after you have you visa granted, this will attached to the visa for you . John
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Thanks John for the response. I am planning to attend the GCC in cebu. I have asked your wife if she wanted us to attend that together. I will keep in touch with her whe.

Thank you so much...
    shiela and david otter
    Hi Shiela and David...

No you don't need to change your Passport. My wife still has her old passport and we have been through the a successful spousal visa application etc. and this posed no problem. So in a nutshell it is not a requirement to have a passport in your married name.

As Songz777 has stated you will need a GCC

Hope this helps

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by songz777 View Post
    Hi Shiela.

As regards the CFO yes you need to visit the CFO and attend the GCC Guidance & councelling session and get a certificate, without this you cannot apply for your visa. The second part of this is the CFO sticker which you will need to attend after you have you visa granted, this will attached to the visa for you . John
    Just an observation. You can apply for your Visa without a GCC. This is not a requirement for a Visa to be granted or for you to apply. However you do need a GCC and sticker before you leave the Philippines once you have your Visa

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
    Just an observation. You can apply for your Visa without a GCC. This is not a requirement for a Visa to be granted or for you to apply. However you do need a GCC and sticker before you leave the Philippines once you have your Visa

Steve
    oh gosh that confuse me lol i submitted my application without attending cfo first .. and i plan to do the seminar and getting the sticker oce i have my visa...

Quote Originally Posted by aprilovez View Post
    oh gosh that confuse me lol i submitted my application without attending cfo first .. and i plan to do the seminar and getting the sticker oce i have my visa...
    Thats fine.. thats exactly what we did. There is no requirement to have a GCC before applying for a Visa. You will need your Visa before you can get the sticker though.

Thats fine.. thats exactly what we did. There is no requirement to have a GCC before applying for a Visa. You will need your Visa before you can get the sticker though.
    Yes thats true, but because my wife will apply for her 1st Passport she needs the GCC. I think everyone has a way and order of doing things. We have gone for .. Marriage license... GCC..passport.TB screen..visa.. last of all attend CFO for the sticker.
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Thanks John for the response. I am planning to attend the GCC in cebu. I have asked your wife if she wanted us to attend that together. I will keep in touch with her whe.

Hi Sdotter yes that would be cool if you could both go

Yes thats true, but because my wife will apply for her 1st Passport she needs the GCC. I think everyone has a way and order of doing things. We have gone for .. Marriage license... GCC..passport.TB screen..visa.. last of all attend CFO for the sticker.
    John,

Sounds good... there are many ways to get to the same destination :-) but don't forget the English exam is needed as well if you guys haven't got this already..

John,

Sounds good... there are many ways to get to the same destination :-) but don't forget the English exam is needed as well if you guys haven't got this already..
    oh yes thanks Steve she passed in May with 5.5 average and 6 for speaking thanks to God

Hi steve,

Thank you so much for your response its a great help and it feels good to be enlighthen on what to to. Would it be ok if we can ask from you what are the necessary requiremnts needed for the application.. you can drop me an emil at shielamarietoylo@ymail.com if you have spare time to do so. Required from me and from my husband. I passed the Ielts examination already, done with tb screening and granted the certificate. hopefully end of second week this month will received the copy of our secpa from nso manila.

Thanks,
    shiela and david

Steve
    Thank you so much steve.. How many months was the processing.

God bless
    david and shiel

Hi Sdotter yes that would be cool if you could both go
    That would be nice John.... Glory to God...

Thread Information