Thread: Hotel dilemma

Hotel dilemma

I have a bit of a dilemma re hotel bills hence these questions so please forgive my ignorance, and these questions :-)

Will I be able to settle the hotel bill in cash? the trouble is my gf has our savings in her account but doesn't have a debit or credit card only an ATM card with no way of transferring it back to my account :-/

A friend is making the hotel reservation for us and says the bill can be settled on checkout.

I will have money in my debit card account and some on a Caxton account (hopefully) and of course cash. I'm just wondering about the procedure for hotel bills as money in my account might not cover it, but will have more than enough in cash!!!

By the way, I will be able to use my debit card to pay as opposed to a credit card won't I?

Again, please forgive my ignorance and thank you all for your patience...

Cheers

She can use that ATM card for you to withdraw money. I still have my ATM bank which is the equivalent of debit card here in UK. You don't have to worry on nothing. You can withdraw money at least Php300 per day or just give your card to the cashier and you can withdraw up to Php 20,000.
    I just don't know who told you that you can't have your own money on your gf's account. Just let your gf go to the bank with and let her withdraw. If she says she can't withdraw then there is dodgy going on.
    What bank did you deposit your money in behalf of your gf?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    There are hotels that ask for a credit card upon check in, they would scan your card but would not charge it (whether it's your's or your gf's if she has it). Just make sure that they give you a void receipt of the scanned credit card if in case they required it and you opt to pay for cash upon check out. It will be their assurance/guarantee that you'd be paying upon checkout.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    There are hotels that ask for a credit card upon check in, they would scan your card but would not charge it (whether it's your's or your gf's if she has it). Just make sure that they give you a void receipt of the scanned credit card if in case they required it and you opt to pay for cash upon check out. It will be their assurance/guarantee that you'd be paying upon checkout.
    Hi, thx for the advice.

So is a debit card ok too?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Scrutiny61 View Post
    Hi, thx for the advice.

cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post

just dont use your caxton card for this it will get blocked

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrutiny61 View Post
    Hi, thx for the advice.

cheers
    Yes, as long as there's a VISA or Mastercard logo on your debit card, then it will be accepted.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thread Information