Thread: Intense rains hit Metro Manila, Luzon provinces; severe flooding feared

Intense rains hit Metro Manila, Luzon provinces; severe flooding feared

It has been raining continually for the past 24hrs.

MANILA, Philippines - Severe flooding is expected in Metro Manila and nearby provinces in Luzon as Tropical Storm "Maring" was expected to continue to pound the capital region and nearby provinces with heavy rains until before dawn Monday.

In its Red Rainfall Alert issued at 12:10 a.m., the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) said the heavy to intense rains affecting Metro Manila, Bataan, Zambales, Bulacan, Pampanga, Tarlac, Rizal, Cavite, Laguna, Batangas and northern Quezon will continue until after 3 a.m.

PAGASA also warned of moderate to heavy rains over Nueva Ecija and the remaining parts of Quezon.

"SEVER FLOODING is expected. All are advised to take precautionary measures," PAGASA said.

The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) has alerted all its units in the affected areas in Luzon.

http://www.philstar.com/nation/2013/...looding-feared

On a more positive note it is a good day for enterprising locals to make a few pesos with make shift rafts and bridges

Our place in Imus.. Not as bad as I was led to believe but bare in mind that we made the floor level over a meter and one half during construction..
    Next doors units did not...They are up to their knees in it I expect!!

Respected Member
    Its been raining since Friday. Cavite got 38mm in 24 hours. Naic and the coastal towns were completely cut off. SM Bacoor was flooded and a state of calamity has been declared in the province.The SLEX was impassible,water flowing like a river this morning. Almost a repeat of last August's Habagat
    More fun in Philippines

ts been raining since Friday. Cavite got 38mm in 24 hours. Naic and the coastal towns were completely cut off. SM Bacoor was flooded and a state of calamity has been declared in the province.The SLEX was impassible,water flowing like a river this morning. Almost a repeat of last August's Habagat
    More fun in Philippines
    Its more fun flooding in Bacoor!!
    Cant they raise anti flooding funds by doing an annual regatta?

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Its more fun flooding in Bacoor!!
    Cant they raise anti flooding funds by doing an annual regatta?

No flooding up here in the hills. Walang pasok bucas and a holiday on Wednesday

Picture number 6 reminds me of one of my first visits to the Philippines

At the time i thought it was brilliant that someone had made a makeshift bridge and was charging people a peso to crossover

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/photos/haba...890592341.html

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    My sister is stuck in our house in Imus, Cavite (she stayed there over the weekends)..she said Daang Hari is flooded and no other way to access going to Manila so she wasn't able to go to work.

My brother can't go to work because the roads going to his work are flooded so he's stuck in our house in Manila. My youngest brother was able to go through the floods wearing all the flood gears (wellies, coats, etc.) but now says he can't go back home from work..

Ahhh...things I miss in the Philippines.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Picture number 6 reminds me of one of my first visits to the Philippines

At the time i thought it was brilliant that someone had made a makeshift bridge and was charging people a peso to crossover

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/photos/haba...890592341.html

Back in 84 when I was stoned broke here I once had to step into 2 ft of water in Baclaran market (Wednesday) because I didnt have 50 bloody cents to pay the toll bridge man to walk across his piece of 2X3 !!

Back in 84 when I was stoned broke here I once had to step into 2 ft of water in Baclaran market (Wednesday) because I didnt have 50 bloody cents to pay the toll bridge man to walk across his piece of 2X3 !!

You should have asked for utang na loob!

-=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Trusted Member
    Thanks for the thread, posts and links Jake, Fred, Rayna and tanga. Our thoughts are with everyone affected by the floods, especially if we have friends and loved ones in the areas declared to be in a " state of calamity ".

one thing i,ll never understand about manilas residents why oh why do so many people choose to live in a flood prone area see all their stuff get swept away and then come back and live in the same place knowing that the same thing will more than likely happen next year again.I bought our house here in bacolod which gets tons of rain too and purposely made sure it was on a bit of a slope so we will never experience the heartache of getting flooded at anytime it rains.watching all the news of people standing up to their necks in water in manila and surrounding areas is not good viewing at all but why do people do it time after time ?

Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    one thing i,ll never understand about manilas residents why oh why do so many people choose to live in a flood prone area see all their stuff get swept away and then come back and live in the same place knowing that the same thing will more than likely happen next year again.I bought our house here in bacolod which gets tons of rain too and purposely made sure it was on a bit of a slope so we will never experience the heartache of getting flooded at anytime it rains.watching all the news of people standing up to their necks in water in manila and surrounding areas is not good viewing at all but why do people do it time after time ?
    Coz they probably don't have any other place to live. They probably have a job in Manila that they won't find if they go elsewhere. We have a house in Cavite but we didn't leave our house in Manila (we're just walking distance from Espana which always get floods) because we are all working in Manila. Not all can handle the transfer and change in location. Like the people living in squatters, they are sent to relocation houses in the province, but lots of them go back because of the lack of income where they are transferred.

Anyway, here's more photos..watch the video on the link..
    http://www.wheninmanila.com/flood-photos-a-compilation-dedicated-to-our-government-and-a-wake-up-call-to-the-people/
    -=rayna.keith=-

Respected Member
    http://philnews.ph/2013/08/20/ariann...nline-outrage/ Twitter user Arriana Tiangco successfully got the attention of netizens after she posted some nasty comments on Twitter and other social media sites. She posted comments about the Filipino people the reasons why we experienced calamities.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    Why are most of the worlds most populated cities built on fault lines Tiger!

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by irishman12 View Post
    http://philnews.ph/2013/08/20/ariann...nline-outrage/ Twitter user Arriana Tiangco successfully got the attention of netizens after she posted some nasty comments on Twitter and other social media sites. She posted comments about the Filipino people the reasons why we experienced calamities.
    PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN BEING

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Alan View Post
    Thanks for the thread, posts and links Jake, Fred, Rayna and tanga. Our thoughts are with everyone affected by the floods, especially if we have friends and loved ones in the areas declared to be in a " state of calamity ".
    Indeed.
    Can anyone here point me to a reliable news source for Zamboanga City. Had a text from my friend mentioning evacuations into school buildings after flooding but searches online are a bit frustrating. Thanks.

Not all bad.. Think of it as having an indoor pool.

Banned
    Our place in Imus.. Not as bad as I was led to believe but bare in mind that we made the floor level over a meter and one half during construction..
    Next doors units did not...They are up to their knees in it I expect!!

I can well believe it. You would of thought the powers that be would of done something about it by now..it is as good as an annual occurrance. My ex in laws live in Las Pinas, just down the road from you..they get it very bad

You got to watch out for those pesky turds...they have a habit of turning up when you least expect them

Thread Information