Thread: Taking UK XBOX 360 to Philippines

Taking UK XBOX 360 to Philippines

I have a spare spare xbox 360 here in the UK and would like to take it with me in the Philippines and leave it there for the kids.

Its the old xenon xbox 360 so it only has the composite and component TV output and no HDMI. If I get a new TV in the Philippines with HDMI input can I connect the UK xbox to it without any issue? The PSU brick is not a problem because it can take 110-165V 50/60Hz.

I can reflash the firmware so it will output NTSC video instead of PAL and use it on old TV but of course HD output is ideal.

So has anyone here done something similar? maybe a blueray or playstation?

Thanks

Respected Member
    Done it the other way, Asia region PS3 back to UK, power block also auto sensing and works on both HDMI and Composite cables here and there. Games still work and user name is registered to AsiaPacific website but no probs on Internet software updates.

Thing to remember is that PAL and NTSC only apply to old fashioned standard analogue definition stuff. HDMI and component are different kettles of kippers.

I can't remember if my old xbox you had to select 60hz output, but if you have to - make sure you do.

In other words you'll be fine.

I'd be more concerned that your xbox is imminent for the dreaded RROD, and..........really is it worth taking. It's not a case of if, but when it fails.

I think in theory you're not allowed to take dvd's into Phils, or dvd players, but..........well.

For all it's worth, I've taken dvd players over there, connected by hdmi and no probs

Quote Originally Posted by BoholoX View Post
    Done it the other way, Asia region PS3 back to UK, power block also auto sensing and works on both HDMI and Composite cables here and there. Games still work and user name is registered to AsiaPacific website but no probs on Internet software updates.
    Yeah Im quite confident it will work on component/hdmi inputs. Just wanted to make sure if anyone has done it without any issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Iani View Post
    Thing to remember is that PAL and NTSC only apply to old fashioned standard analogue definition stuff. HDMI and component are different kettles of kippers.

I can't remember if my old xbox you had to select 60hz output, but if you have to - make sure you do.

In other words you'll be fine.

I'd be more concerned that your xbox is imminent for the dreaded RROD, and..........really is it worth taking. It's not a case of if, but when it fails.

I think in theory you're not allowed to take dvd's into Phils, or dvd players, but..........well.

For all it's worth, I've taken dvd players over there, connected by hdmi and no probs
    Its a spare xbox and I have jtagged it a while ago. It hasn't been used for about 2 years I think its a waste to let it collect dust.

As for RROD, its a 4 points clamp I made for the GPU, not the one normally found on ebay. The main xbox is being used regularly for 2 years now and not a single glitch so Im sure my clamp design is working well Both xbox were bought with rrod fault on ebay for £20 each.

My fiancée doesn't have the latest TV and I will buy one with component/hdmi input for her bday. Like you said it should work. Do they have digital transmission over there now? as well as HD?

I mentioned PAL-NTSC because I also wanted to make sure it will work on her old TV for backup. From looking at the xbox config it is possible to change the video format, dvd region, country region, etc etc. In theory it should work with her old TV. I did tried here in the UK and I can see the lower resolution. My Samsung TV doesn't seems to say which video format it is but definitely I can see the lower resolution of the NTSC.

Right I didn't know you cant bring dvd player in the Philippines. I hope they leave my xbox alone. Is game console classed as a dvd player? I hope not.

Cheers

Thread Information