Thread: Unmarried visa

Unmarried visa

I am back here again to ask you about Unmarried Visa? we just plan I will apply this category (unmarried visa) this year. I just want to make sure if I qualified this category.

To make my love life story short.

I meet my boyfriend 2011, then we live together in UK last year for 6 months, our relationship still on going. coz I am in Philippines he was there to see me. and now again this year another 6 months visa. this Thursday I return in the Philippines. and he will come there to see me again and stay for over a months and we will apply unmarried visa and dependant visa for my daughter.

I have read in the UK Border website that we must live together for 2 years or more, Do you think Uk Border would take into consideration the fact we have been in a relationship for 2 years. I spend 12 months in UK(2 times 6th months). and my partner has come there to see me every year in the Philippines.

I do not wish to live permanently in the UK( as the winters to cold), it is our plan for me to live in the UK during summer months and my partner will live with me in the Philippines during the winter months, we have recently purchased land in Bohol and we will build a house there. if I explain this in my covering letter to UK Border. Do you think this will go in my favour or against me?

Please help me to enlighten my mind? I am so tired applying a visit visa and the immigration rules getting harder and harder every year.

Anna
    “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens. [Ecclesiastes 3:1]”

SET5.12 Assessing whether the relationship has subsisted for two years

'Living together', should be applied fairly tightly, with a couple providing evidence that they have been living together in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership which has subsisted for two years or more.

Periods apart for up to six months would be acceptable for good reasons, such as work commitments, or looking after a relative as long as:

it was not possible for the other partner to accompany; and
    the applicant can show evidence that the relationship continued throughout that period, for example, by visits, letters, logged phone calls.

SET5.13 What types of evidence might demonstrate living together and a relationship akin to marriage / civil partnership?

The applicant must provide six pieces of correspondence addressed to him / her and their partner at the same address as evidence that they have been living together during the past 2 years. The items of correspondence should be addressed to them jointly or in both their names. If they do not have enough items in their joint names, they may also provide items addressed to each of other individually if they show the same address for both of them. The documents provided must be originals and should be spread over the whole 2 years; they should also be from at least 3 different sources. Examples of what documentation the applicant could provide are listed below:

Joint commitments, (such as joint bank accounts, investments, rent agreements, mortgage, life insurance policy naming the other partner as beneficiary etc);
    Birth certificates or records of any children of the relationship, showing both partners as parents;
    Any official correspondence linking both partners to the same address, for example Council Tax, utility bills, Doctors records;
    Any other evidence that adequately demonstrates the couple's long-term commitment to each other.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/po...set5/#header13

do you have evidence to prove you've been together for 2yrs as above, also the reasons why he couldn't stay with you for 6 months, how long did he stay with you in the phils ?

anyway, the UK is suppose to be your home, spending 6months outside the UK each yr, you will never qualify for citizenship never-mind FLR.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member
    I agree.

If only it was that easy.

thank you joe for taking the time for giving me such a detailed reply this will help.
    “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens. [Ecclesiastes 3:1]”

Thread Information