Thread: The SRRV visa

The SRRV visa

Hi folks,

I have a question re SRRV visa.

I am currently on pension and my pensions qualify me for the SRRV Classic visa.

However the organisations who pay my pension do not transfer my pension funds outside of Ireland or UK.

And it appears to state on the PRA website that I need to show proof of monthly pension remitted to the Philippines.

So my plan was to use internet banking to transfer my pension from my bank in Ireland to my credit card and then withdraw funds from my credit card to cover my expenses or to lodge into my BPI account.

Is that acceptable when applying for an SRRV application?

I will have letters from my pension payees, duly authenticated by Philippine Consulate here as proof that I receive pensions and their amounts.

Thanks again for any advice on this.

Regards

Pat

Pat, you really need to secure written details from PRA.

I say this as I've heard so many different stories from different folks.

Be careful in what you divulge to PRA as they will hold your information on record.
    In principle they are looking for evidence of USD$ remittance of $800 into a Philippine bank. That in itself requires a written clarification on payment into a Philippine Bank of Euro or Pounds.
    Secondly, it's not clearly stated whether the initial direct pension deposit can be made to an offshore bank or not. Get this clarification in writing.

In a ideal world you should be able to have your pension provider deposit your $800only (or equivalent) into a UK branch of a PRA approved bank. Any other amounts/pension can be deposited into a UK bank if desired.

I wouldn't advise having all your pension payments deposited according to PRA rules.
    Withdrawing funds in the Philippines might also be problematic.
    I say might based on the rules and regulations imposed on many Dollar accounts
    where plenty of US folks need to make personal appearance at branch to get at their money to transfer to an account with ATM card.

Lots of twists and turns to navigate.

Unless you have a budget to make a $20k time deposit. (No pension Scheme)

I would be interested to learn what PRA advise

Thanks Terpe.
    I have been told by one of PRA's accredited agents, whom I deal with, that proof of my receiving pensions, duly authenticated by the Philippine Consulate here, should be sufficient as my pensions cannot be transferred directly to a Philippine bank. I have written to PRA for clarification on this but so far no reply and on previous occasiopns they didn't respond either. My account with BPI is a peso account. I think I may pay the Consulate here a visit and see what they say. Regards, Pat

Thread Information