Thread: making a living in the phils

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    steve the only way to make money here is to pend a lot of money to start with .I have done the sari store and the grillhouse both produce very little profit to talk about .I have just gave up on the idea altogether ,its very easy to lose your money here its hard to compete with the locals at their own game.for instance if you start a business and it seems to be going well someone will come along and open the same sort of business to right next door lol.The only thing I can think of that might suit you would be renting bed spacers or rooms out in your area .my income comes from the house I own which allows me to live here ok .my g f is always complaining because she wants to work and have her own income and so far I have not found the right thing for her to do .
    Out of interest Tiger, how much did you make weekly from a sari-sari? I don't see it myself as a viable business, I'm just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    Out of interest Tiger, how much did you make weekly from a sari-sari? I don't see it myself as a viable business, I'm just curious.
    To be honest I don,t think I saw any profit because the g f would take stock out of the store if we ran out of something so there was not a true figure but I know for a fact it made very little money I started it for her so that she had something to do and she was experienced at it because she had a much bigger store when I met her but I made her give it up and move to cebu to be with me .she told me she done quite well because of her location ,which is another point it all depends how many stores are in your area.after we opened ours a woman about 20 yards away decided to open one too bang your screwed it happens all the time .I will post a few pictures of our store and grillhouse which are no more .

Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    One of our first businesses was a sari sari store. We rented a space in town for 1,500 pesos a month. Instead of a window we spent 15,000 php and added a door so people could walk in. The total floor area was 20sqm which is not a large area. Everyone told us it would fail as other people had tried before. When we sold it after 6 years it was making a profit of around 25 to 30k a month. Hard work at the time but it paved the way for better things.

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    it was making a profit of around 25 to 30k a month.
    That's pretty good. I wouldn't have guessed that much income could have been made from sari's

Thread Information