Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sensitive Filipina

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar

Sensitive Filipina

Hiya guys been married to my mahal now 15 months, living in the UK together 10 months, just want any input on the following:

Myself and my wife had a bit of a dispute about a week ago because she found out I had started smoking again

Anyway I turned it into more of a thing than it should of been mainly because I was caught out and felt that I had let myself down also that I had gone behind her back.

To make matters worse I told her to stop being a nagging b----h, well all hell was let lose and now she hasn't spoke for 5 days.

Well after that we started talking again but she said I had hurt her by calling her that and she would need time to get over it.

Honestly guys is this over the top or just normal behaviour is she that fragile and sensitive that this could offend her so much.

I am a good husband/father and a good provider but this seems over the top...

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Yes, Filipina's can be rather sensitive, my advice is "think before you speak" otherwise your best friend will become your worst enemy and you don't want that do you? In future don't do anything behind her back, always share your problems and you will find that a Filipina will be very supportive, don't do anything to lose trust!

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Yes, Filipina's can be rather sensitive, my advice is "think before you speak" otherwise your best friend will become your worst enemy and you don't want that do you? In future don't do anything behind her back, always share your problems and you will find that a Filipina will be very supportive, don't do anything to lose trust!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Banned
    Take Michael's advice at your peril...unless of course you want to be walking on eggshells and henpecked forever and a day for me, suicide sounds a more attractive option than having to live under those conditons.....''think before you speak''...I should coco...............and let's not paint all filipina as understanding Florence Nightingale's, in the same breathe, not all femail Brits are lazy fat tattooed slags.....they are as human as the rest of us, only just

I do agree on not doing anything serious to lose trust .....Having a quiet fag behind one's back is hardly the end of the world stuff

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Take Michael's advice at your peril...unless of course you want to be walking on eggshells and henpecked forever and a day for me, suicide sounds a more attractive option than having to live under those conditons.....''think before you speak''...I should coco...............and let's not paint all filipina as understanding Florence Nightingale's, in the same breathe, not all femail Brits are lazy fat tattooed slags.....they are as human as the rest of us, only just

I do agree on not doing anything serious to lose trust .....Having a quiet fag behind one's back is hardly the end of the world stuff
    I knew this would come out Mark had to throw it open to the forum cheers buddy..

But after everything she is so god damm beautiful in every way arrggghhhhhh...

Just need to understand her more thats all...

Hail Mary...

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    I knew this would come out Mark had to throw it open to the forum cheers buddy..

Hail Mary...
    Time to take a step back and consider what YOU may be doing, and imagine what life would be like without her (and your baby).

Don't call her a **tch, it's a horrible and disrespectful thing for any man to say to his wife.

Yes, Filipinas do have 'tampos'....quite normal.

It's how you learn to understand and deal with it, and the different mindset of a person from another culture that will decide which direction your relationship is going to take.

Buy her a big bunch of Roses and some chocolates, take her OUT for a nice meal, and thank her for trying to stop you from getting lung cancer in the future.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Time to take a step back and consider what YOU may be doing, and imagine what life would be like without her (and your baby)

Don't call her a **tch, it's a horrible and disrespectful thing for any man to say to his wife.

It's how you learn to understand and deal with it, and the different mindset of a person from another culture that will decide which direction your relationship is going to take.

Buy her a big bunch of Roses and some chocolates, take her OUT for a nice meal, and thank her for trying to stop you from getting lung cancer in the future.
    On a serious note...I totally agree with Graham

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Time to take a step back and consider what YOU may be doing, and imagine what life would be like without her (and your baby).

Well said Graham!

Banned

Hail Mary...
    You got to take your time Mark, you both have...rash statements and deadlines are not the way to go with your little man's future in both your's and your wife's hands...you know this, you don't need us telling you so....You both got this common denominator..you have to do what's best for him and hope upon hope that one day soon you will love each other again.

She hasn't been here 5 minutes so probably homesickness as well.....It's a massive anti climax for them once they've been here for a week or so.....you have to work, we all have to work so, it's impossible to stay at home pandering them, that will never work in the long run anyway.
    You've told her she needs to get a job so, that's a start in the right direction.

I suppose it can be difficult being a step dad..like you said, you had a social life before now, you are in bed by 6....it's a shock for all of you......

Banned
    Take Michael's advice at your peril...unless of course you want to be walking on eggshells and henpecked forever and a day
    I think Michaels advice is right for me anyway- I have a habit of reacting quickly and wrongly and find it best to bite my tongue then deal with it once the the situation has calmed down

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    I think Michaels advice is right for me anyway- I have a habit of reacting quickly and wrongly and find it best to bite my tongue then deal with it once the the situation has calmed down
    I think the members here know that Ded.

-=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    I think the members here know that Ded.

Well spotted Rayna

Well said michael

Keith and I call each other lots of names but all done in a joking way/matter. We both know that nothing we ever say (such names) are serious or meant to be true.

It depends on what her and your moods were when you both had that conversation. There are times that Keith has offended me when he said something while we are having a serious argument. But we always patch things up afterwards. Did you apologise when you found out it offended her? How long before you found out? Coz that would make a difference especially for a sensitive person.
    -=rayna.keith=-

Keith and I call each other lots of names but all done in a joking way/matter. We both know that nothing we ever say (such names) are serious or meant to be true.

It depends on what her and your moods were when you both had that conversation. There are times that Keith has offended me when he said something while we are having a serious argument. But we always patch things up afterwards. Did you apologise when you found out it offended her? How long before you found out? Coz that would make a difference especially for a sensitive person.
    It was 2 days before I appologised as I was taken back by a slap in the face ouch!

I am such an outgoing loud person she is so quiet we have never had a night out in over 6 months always in bed with our son at 6pm.

And to add to that myself buying a new bed for the spare room as she doesn't want me in our marital bed after this but thats a good thing because it was getting to me sharing it with our son which I became paranoid I would hurt him.

Oh Happy Days.....

It was 2 days before I appologised as I was taken back by a slap in the face ouch!

I am such an outgoing loud person she is so quiet we have never had a night out in over 6 months always in bed with our son at 6pm.

And to add to that myself buying a new bed for the spare room as she doesn't want me in our marital bed after this but thats a good thing because it was getting to me sharing it with our son which I became paranoid I would hurt him.

Oh Happy Days.....

I can't slap Keith even if I get so mad at him..I'm more worried about breaking his titanium jaw!
    -=rayna.keith=-

I can't slap Keith even if I get so mad at him..I'm more worried about breaking his titanium jaw!
    Cheers Rayna that made me

A deserved rep

Banned

Your fingers will break first, Rayna

Or break the bones in your hand!

Banned
    5 Days Tampo - probably a shot across your bows

Good advice from Michael

Banned
    5 Days Tampo - probably a shot across your bows

Good advice from Michael

I call my girl biatch all the time lol but if I put the word stupid before it he goes crazy hahaha but its all goodv fun to us .I first words she picked up was all the english bad words lol .I,ve been here 3 years and the only word thats registered in ma brain is O O .but yes they can be very sensitive at times I find they just don,t have the same sense of wicked humour as us brits ,and i,m dreading takin her back to the u.k lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger31 View Post
    I call my girl biatch all the time lol but if I put the word stupid before it he goes crazy hahaha but its all goodv fun to us .I first words she picked up was all the english bad words lol .I,ve been here 3 years and the only word thats registered in ma brain is O O .but yes they can be very sensitive at times I find they just don,t have the same sense of wicked humour as us brits ,and i,m dreading takin her back to the u.k lol
    Sarcasm is wasted on them ...like the Yanks, they just don't get it

Respected Member
    tiger -its bad enough filipina calling men -she but calling ur girl -he

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by irishman12 View Post
    tiger -its bad enough filipina calling men -she but calling ur girl -he
    I can't see what's wrong with Brian calling his wife 'girl' ....mine always called me daddy.....I found it a bit off putting in the bedroom but, I got used to it

I can't see what's wrong with Brian calling his wife 'girl' ....mine always called me daddy.....I found it a bit off putting in the bedroom but, I got used to it
    Funny you say that Mark, my Maritess calls me Daddy all the time!

Banned
    Funny you say that Mark, my Maritess calls me Daddy all the time!
    I liked it

Respected Member

Sheriel from Leyte

We have read the story here,and discussed it,all over a cigarette,good luck for the future,

she will never let it go... but she will forgive over time... they are like this, but we love them all

Trusted Member
    Well, I did lose my wife Mark, and we all know that we COULD sometimes have done things differently.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information