Quote Originally Posted by ivor&mel
I'm starting a "revive the dead" night So what's your impression of +Net two years down the line? I've been with them since Dec 2002... and am finally itching to leave... They seem to be in danger of meltdown, as far as I can see. Brings back memories of the final days of dial-up: can't handle the demand.... impose every heavier restrictions... I went to AOL in those dark days But at least I got a reliable unlimited connection.

Now I need a new ISP....Ideally with some frills like +Net give. Anyone have any good recommendations? Zen and Nildram seem popular, but I'm wary that they'll end up down the same route as +Net have gone. I'm tempted by A&A as they seem a totally professional outfit, and although they have limits, they are in business rather than leisure hours.

Is there any mileage in something like a Computer & Tech section on the forum?
Looking at ADSLGuide, there are fewer and fewer ADSL providers with a truly unlimited service. I think the days of an uncapped, unrestricted service is well gone, and all kinds of restrictions are being used by nearly all ISPs.

I'm with Pipex, and have been since Dec 2004, just recently I was shopping around for something better, both Zen and Nildram (owned by Pipex) all came top of the list, I called Pipex CS, and said gimme MAC now, and they promply reduced my package from 33.99 to 17.99 monthly with a 60 GB cap - so here I am still with Pipex. To be fair with Pipex, they are reliable, despite the email service falling over sometimes and CS being incommunicado by phone or email.