Thread: visa extension ? help

visa extension ? help

soon i need to extend my visa,
    will it be the new 6 month visa extension and if so does anyone have an idea of the cost ?

i prefer to get the 6 month visa, to give plenty of time untill and during my 13a application,

my internet is almost none existant , most times i can log in but unable to post due to a very weak connection,
    like tonight trying to post this ,so far has taken over 2 hours,
    so sorry if my updates are not posted yet,

appreciate any info on this if anyone has the answer , even if its the cost of the old 59 day extension then maybe i can take a guess on a times 3 theory

oh and do i get this from phil embassy or an imigration office?

Bump

Stewart,

Here's what it states on the BI website:-

1. Initial Announcement of Long-Stay Visa
    BI Launches Long-Stay Visa

14 June 2013

Foreigners intending to stay longer in the country may now avail of a six-month, long-stay tourist visa that will be launched next week by the Bureau of Immigration (BI).

BI Commissioner Ricardo A. David, Jr. also announced the introduction of a new visa sticker that will replace the wet stamp used by the Bureau in implementing extensions of stay in the passports of foreign tourists.

David said the Long Stay Visitor Visa Extension (LSVVE) project was launched to spur tourist arrivals in the country by giving foreigners the privilege to prolong their stay here without the need to frequent the BI office.

Presently, the BI grants foreign tourists a maximum stay of two months each time they apply for visa extensions.
    “Through this long stay visa, we expect lesser crowding in our offices due to the decreased volume of visa extension applicants,” David said.
    As for the new visa sticker, the BI chief said it will prevent the proliferation of fake visa extension stamps that has victimized many foreigners.

He disclosed that the sticker has security and tracking features that cannot be copied.

“It will also speed up transaction in our visa section, allow more efficient tracking of records and faster detection of forged and tampered stamps,” The BI chief added.

According to David, the projects were initiated after meetings were meetings between the BI and Department of Tourism and Department of Foreign Affairs were held on what policy reforms can be initiated to further attract more foreign visitors to the country.

The tourist department had said it is aiming to increase volume of tourist arrival to 10 million by 2016.###

2. Details of the implementation

IMPLEMENTATION OF THE LONG-STAY VISITOR VISA EXTENSION (LSVVE)

MEMORANDUM ORDER No. RADJR-2013-007

Pursuant to Memorandum Circular No. RADJR-2013-002, the following guidelines are hereby issued in connection with the implementation of the LSVVE:
    1. Applicability – The LSVVE shall apply to all nationals.

2. Extension of Tourist Visa – Subsequent LSVVEs may be applied for during the last thirty (30) days of the previously issued LSVVE, or upon the expiry of a regular visa extention.

3. Restriction on Extensions – The approval of the Commissioner shall be required for visa extensions when the number of months applied for would exceed the 16-month limit.

Foreign nationals with an accumulated total stay near the 16-month cap from the date of their latest arrival should be informed of the preceding restriction should they apply for additional visa extensions.

No LSVVE shall be issued to visa-required nationals whose stay exceeds twenty-four (24) months and thirty-six (36) months for non visa-required nationals.

4. Payment and Fees – An additional One Hundred Pesos (Php 100.00) as cost of the sticker visa shall accrue for the account of the Bureau of Treasury.

Applicable visa extension fees shall still be collected based on the schedule of fees for the entire six (6) month period.

5. Implementation – The initial implementation on the LSVVE shall be limited to the BI Main Office in Intramuros, Manila until further notice.

Stewart, key information on cost is that
    ....Applicable visa extension fees shall still be collected based on the schedule of fees for the entire six (6) month period.
    Looks like applications need to be made at the Intramuros office...
    ...The initial implementation on the LSVVE shall be limited to the BI Main Office in Intramuros, Manila until further notice.
    Hope that helps

Maybe someone who has actually done it will be along to comment

I think Terpe covered all the bases in regards your question..
    In regards the internet...Ha ha.. Welcome to my world!
    How are you connecting?? A Smart or Globe wireless dongle or a DSL connection?
    What area are you in?? Sorry..You may have said but I cant remember..

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    I think Terpe covered all the bases in regards your question..
    In regards the internet...Ha ha.. Welcome to my world!
    How are you connecting?? A Smart or Globe wireless dongle or a DSL connection?
    What area are you in?? Sorry..You may have said but I cant remember..
    smart bro wireless dongle, area is cainta rizal manila, certain times of day has been better, as you see i eventualy managed to upload some photos, when the connection has been better,
    i have been trying to buy a usb extension with booster, to try improve connection even if just a little difference will help, but no one seems to have in stock, we try to buy everywhere we travel,

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    soon i need to extend my visa,
    will it be the new 6 month visa extension and if so does anyone have an idea of the cost ?

i prefer to get the 6 month visa, to give plenty of time untill and during my 13a application,

my internet is almost none existant , most times i can log in but unable to post due to a very weak connection,
    like tonight trying to post this ,so far has taken over 2 hours,
    so sorry if my updates are not posted yet,

appreciate any info on this if anyone has the answer , even if its the cost of the old 59 day extension then maybe i can take a guess on a times 3 theory

oh and do i get this from phil embassy or an imigration office?
    Never guess what immigration will charge for an extension, I had 59 day extentions for 16 months and it was a different charge every time, usually between P3000 and P5000. Have got an I-Card yet ? If not this wil be extra. If your planning to stay in the Phils it will be cheaper to get a residents visa after you are married.

thanks peter, just seen your reply today,sat 12th,
    well we travelled to immigration intramurous makati, not far from luneta park , sorry spelling not good.

i was only allowed to extend the 30 days visa free ,from 16th september 30 days expired on 16th october,
    extended on 10th october, and expires on 14th november,

and told i can not have 2 months or 6 months extension untill next time, as the visa free 30 day has to be extended first,
    there is photo copy there if you should need, but i took photo copy of my passport, before i went, 1 of my visa page and 1 of the data page, as lolita was with me she had to have id card to enter immigration, and was kept at the desk untill leaving,
    you can get a drink outside,
    we travelled by bus from cainta, part way, then by taxi to immigration, at over 500 peso,cant remember exact,

returning home we came out of immigration turned left and walked down to end of road , we crossed over some flyovers, then found a bus terminal which was 40 pesos each all the way back to cianta, busy traffic and took a few hours,
    walking down to the bus terminal it was busy, 2 boys among the crowd brushed passed my side as they passed me on comming towards me, one of then put their hand on my arm as we passed sliding it down to my wrist as he did i lifted my arm to shrug him off his hand detached me by the time he had reached my fingers, this happens in seconds, but i knew what was happening, i didnt wear a watch so he didnt get one because i was shrugging him off he didnt get my ring, its a good tight fit also so wouldnt come off so easy without cutting my knuckle,

smart bro wireless dongle, area is cainta rizal manila, certain times of day has been better, as you see i eventualy managed to upload some photos, when the connection has been better,
    i have been trying to buy a usb extension with booster, to try improve connection even if just a little difference will help, but no one seems to have in stock, we try to buy everywhere we travel,
    My neighbour bought a 10 meter long USB extension with booster from CDR King last year.. He plugged in the Dongle and attached it to a type of flag pole with a plastic cup over it to protect from weather.. He winched it up high and it improved his signal a lot.. You need to find out which gives better signal in your area.. Globe Tatoo or Smart "broadband" dongle.
    I suggest you go to your local globe office and ask if Wimax wifi works in your location.That is a 1MB connection..(Supposedly)
    Also check out if other Smart or PLDT services can be utilised there.
    Good luck with that!

Quote Originally Posted by keith britten View Post
    Never guess what immigration will charge for an extension, I had 59 day extentions for 16 months and it was a different charge every time, usually between P3000 and P5000. Have got an I-Card yet ? If not this wil be extra. If your planning to stay in the Phils it will be cheaper to get a residents visa after you are married.
    as best i can tell i can apply for the i card at the same time i apply for 13a,
    we will have to wait about 1 month maybe up to 2 months for marraige certificate, but will be given a copy soon as we are married, but it wont be official as it has to go through nso i think, usualy 6 months without fast track,
    so we are hoping the copy we get at our wedding will suffice for purpose of applying for 13a, instead of having to wait first for marraige doccuments from nso

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    My neighbour bought a 10 meter long USB extension with booster from CDR King last year.. He plugged in the Dongle and attached it to a type of flag pole with a plastic cup over it to protect from weather.. He winched it up high and it improved his signal a lot.. You need to find out which gives better signal in your area.. Globe Tatoo or Smart "broadband" dongle.
    I suggest you go to your local globe office and ask if Wimax wifi works in your location.That is a 1MB connection..(Supposedly)
    Also check out if other Smart or PLDT services can be utilised there.
    Good luck with that!
    yeah its CDR king we try in every mall we go in lol, we are told smart bro is best here,
    dont want to sign up for anything with a hub might mean a 12 month contract

as best i can tell i can apply for the i card at the same time i apply for 13a,
    we will have to wait about 1 month maybe up to 2 months for marraige certificate, but will be given a copy soon as we are married, but it wont be official as it has to go through nso i think, usualy 6 months without fast track,
    so we are hoping the copy we get at our wedding will suffice for purpose of applying for 13a, instead of having to wait first for marraige doccuments from nso
    I had no option for my I-Card, I was told that I must have it the first time I renewed my tourist visa for 59 days. The 13a residents visa cost me about P12,000 for the probationary and P11,000 for the permanant, you will also need a police and NBI check which will cost extra. Good luck.

Sorry if my reply caused any confusion Stewart, I thought you had already secured a 59 day visa from Phils Embassy in London.

So after just before your 59 days is up you'll be able to get the 6 month visa then ?

I'm enjoying the useful information on internet solutions

I like Fred's story about the 10 meter USB extension and flag pole... great idea

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Sorry if my reply caused any confusion Stewart, I thought you had already secured a 59 day visa from Phils Embassy in London.

So after just before your 59 days is up you'll be able to get the 6 month visa then ?
    yes that is what they told me, after the 59 days i can apply for 2 months or 6 months extension

no confusion i didnt get to read your reply until after i had been to immigration with my internet not being good

no stocks in CDR king in cebu either for a usb extension booster, lolita's, son tried for me hoped he could get and bring tomorrow when he arrives here in manila

Thread Information