Thread: ILR app..starting from scratch

Respected Member myliitlehaven07's Avatar

Exclamation ILR app..starting from scratch

Hello everyone, just seeking your advice and inputs here for my ILR application. My application is not due till next year in June but i just need some clarification and opinions and most especially some sharing of experiences here please...( Especially for the attention of Terpe

First question would be the financial requirements for ILR. Is there a minimum requirement of savings and earnings for this one? I am quite worried with this one like many of us, this is such a pain when applying for a visa, me and my husband are both working however, i just change my job to a temporary one as my previous job has taken the best out of me. Like most of us, a regular earner wont be able to save much with all the bills and other expenses. Whats the minimum amount do we need to earn together and savings to show??

Second, I know that this month they have change the rules for the ILR application, wherein you need to take the test and an english test, is there an expiry date for this once you have taken them? if i wish to take them early, do they have an expiry date?

third, just in case some circumstances arise that i cannot yet apply for ILR can i instead EXTEND my visa using that FLR?

I would really appreciate very much your help.

Quote Originally Posted by myliitlehaven07 View Post
    ..First question would be the financial requirements for ILR. Is there a minimum requirement of savings and earnings for this one?.....
    As I recall, you are under the old-rules (ie visa application prior to 9th July)
    You are eligible to apply for ILR after 24 months living in UK as spouse.
    You may apply 28 days before the end of your specific qualifying period.(so counting from your arrival into UK)

I would highly recommend you take a look at the ILR Application form and Guide just to understand how to prepare and collect documents to be sure of a fully compliant application.

Here's an example of the current ILR application form and here's an example of the current ILR guidance

There is no Income threshold to meet nor is there a requirement for savings.
    Actually, I have never known anyone fall for refusal of ILR based solely on financials. Just as long as you have some income flowing into the household.
    Sometimes UKBA can get 'crusty' if the total household income falls below income support levels (currently £112.55 per week left after deduction of total housing costs). So try to avoid that case when your application is made.

..Second, I know that this month they have change the rules for the ILR application, wherein you need to take the test and an english test, is there an expiry date for this once you have taken them? if i wish to take them early, do they have an expiry date?..
    Well you'll need to secure a pass in the Life in UK Test, and that hasn't changed.
    As things stand you can take the test as many times as needed to get a pass (bit like a driving test). The test does cost £50 so you probably don't want to take too many.

You will also need to secure a valid pass certificate for English Language at level B1

(Please follow this thread as Rayna has an outstanding FOI question on the issue of English Language Test with UKBA)

...third, just in case some circumstances arise that i cannot yet apply for ILR can i instead EXTEND my visa using that FLR?..
    Without these TWO important pass certificates you will not be eligible to apply for ILR.
    However you can still apply for another period of FLR under this condition, and remain under FLR until such time as you have the needed documents.
    It's just a question of money really. So there's no need to get too concerned about implications for any delay in securing those papers.

Hope that helps to put your mind as ease.

Thread Information