Thread: Cheap Phone Calls?

Respected Member

Cheap Phone Calls?

What is the cheapest way of calling the Philippines? So far the best I've got is 10p per minute, but I can call Thailand for 1p per minute, even to mobiles . . . .

Ian

9p per minute I found telediscount to a mobile, search the forum and the internet, good luck I will be watching this space also :-)
    CPLURLTC Care, Patience, Love, Understanding, Respect, Loyalty, Trust & Concideration / Compassion Are all the values Me & Anilyn hope to give each other, sometimes we may both fail, but we will always try, I am sure most of u in here are the type to do the same with their loved ones.

Ingat Paul & Anilyn

hi there my husband gets my phone card online and the name of the card is mad for minutes and its ony 3p/min.he gets me a 10 pound worth of phone card and it lasts me for nearly a month and its about nearly 3 hours the usage for that amount of money.yes its very cheap so try to use them and the line is always clear!!!

Banned
    If you have a contract mobile phone from o2 anytime, any nextwork, you can ring Philippines for free. Search for the internet the access. I used it and it proven to be free.

I've used UNI TEL calling card for £5 but it has an extra £1 Free. So if you have a contract phone its more better to use the mobile access wc is free of charge and it will lasts for 1,058 mins to call the landline phone to phils and 250+ mins to mobile phone. But if your going to used the free access through your landline phone it will only give you 500+ mins to landline phone to phils, and 140+mins to mobile.

And if im out of card i used the access number using landline phone 08717727171 for 7p/min to phils.
    Scot ===>

"The world is all about diversity. I am different and you are different."

char do you have a link? I can only find the 'online' tariffs

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by baboyako View Post
    char do you have a link? I can only find the 'online' tariffs

Yes, I have. Going to give u if u like.

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by melmart View Post
    hi there my husband gets my phone card online and the name of the card is mad for minutes and its ony 3p/min.he gets me a 10 pound worth of phone card and it lasts me for nearly a month and its about nearly 3 hours the usage for that amount of money.yes its very cheap so try to use them and the line is always clear!!!
    Sounds good do you have a link?

I use this site to find the cheapest as the prices do vary.

http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert...ippines-mobile

andy, it's 07744 number

you need to call the phone company to see if its included. just google for 07744 and you'll see all the information.

no good with t-mobile

I have tried countless phone cards and checked the "actual" minutes you receive as you can not beleive the advertised inflated minutes they give and I have found Uni-tel to be the best so far, the £6 (£5 + £1 ) card I can buy for £4.50 and get about 95 mins to a mobile which works out under 5p @ min
    M&M

andy, it's 07744 number

you need to call the phone company to see if its included. just google for 07744 and you'll see all the information.

no good with t-mobile
    I see something about Virgins are the only one who can dial the number now or did i read that wrong

Now see 07700 is the new 07744 looks like phill numbers are cheap if you use noodles but to much for my little brain tonight

Quote Originally Posted by mike1 View Post
    I have tried countless phone cards and checked the "actual" minutes you receive as you can not beleive the advertised inflated minutes they give and I have found Uni-tel to be the best so far, the £6 (£5 + £1 ) card I can buy for £4.50 and get about 95 mins to a mobile which works out under 5p @ min
    Hey Mike if your using a contract mobile phone you can used the mobile access for free of charge as its already included to your free mins, and it will give you 250+mins to call mobile in phils and 1,048mins calling landline. That's y i used the mobile access in my contract fone.
    Scot ===>

"The world is all about diversity. I am different and you are different."

Banned
    beautiful belfast-now/beautiful bayawan-future!
    i use "purple" card. buy it from filipino store, to mobile in PI i get 101 mins for £5

i use about £20-25 a week

Banned
    beautiful belfast-now/beautiful bayawan-future!
    andy, it's 07744 number

no good with t-mobile
    from someone (ie me . . . ie a dork) who works for orange i can tell u it isn't included in mins in contract . . . it's 20p flat rate per minute-- no matter wot the company who is selling it says

go to www.pinoycards.co.uk a lots of cheaps cards in there

Newbie (Restricted Access) space1999's Avatar

Phone Cards vs free phonecalls

Hi all

Have you not heard of SKype then. It's a programe you can download and speak and webcam for FREE if the other person also has SKype that is. It's easy top use but connection can be lousy sometimes. Also MSN, you can speak or video phone and that too and MSN and Yahoo I think...are much more stable.

Hope this helps...only know cos I got friends in Ukraine. Also, if you need to phone a mobile you can do Skype put thru Skype and buy £10 and it's a bout 10pence....yes beleive it :-) per minute. At first I thought it was a con but then when I used it well....look for yourselves.

You will need to bye a webcam and mic. I don'#t reccommend buying webcam that is also mic though....rubbish. I have a cordless skype phone which is good and can make cup of tea downstairs whilst talking. It's abit awkrard sometimes though so I also have headset. You only need spen £20 on this. Someitmes you will find Skype phones and cams that ive away free minitues too but they are more expensive....so....dddeeeeeeeerrrr noit free then...waste of money really but tis good to get skype accreddited.

Hope I have not ranted on again...soz for spelling...was in slight rush

Ttthhhhhhhhhhhhhat's all folks

Rob

Many of us use Skype and other audio messagners but in phill many people do not have access to pcs 24/7 or don't wish to use them (ie when my Wife rings her Lola po). Also with power cuts and wind damage to the smart aerial for the broadband say a back up is always needed.

I think we all hope we could use skype etc all the time due to the lack of cost but it never happens

Newbie (Restricted Access) space1999's Avatar
    ok mate...soz....i have only just joined the site and am obviously not aware of stuff in Phill yet. Thanks for Phill ing (whoops a pun there) me in...good luck.
    Rob

if you use the 3 network in the UK ask for the x-series bolt on for £5 a month. You can then use Skype for 50 hours a month and if your partner or friends have skype on their PC's you can call for free saving you tons!

I might add this is skype on your mobile allowing you to call any time anywhere and not just on your own pc - I save about £100 a month easy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by charlwill View Post
    If you have a contract mobile phone from o2 anytime, any nextwork, you can ring Philippines for free. Search for the internet the access. I used it and it proven to be free.
    It's true. I know several Filipinos that have used their contract minutes phoning Philippines by dialling a "Secret access" number first.
    I don't know all the ins and outs of it, but it's very popular. P.S. I'm not too sure if it's legal though, so I'm a bit reluctant to say too much, but good luck to them, great to see them getting a break!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyw View Post
    It's true. I know several Filipinos that have used their contract minutes phoning Philippines by dialling a "Secret access" number first.
    I don't know all the ins and outs of it, but it's very popular. P.S. I'm not too sure if it's legal though, so I'm a bit reluctant to say too much, but good luck to them, great to see them getting a break!
    I dont think it's secret coz I get it from one of the staff of o2 and I am using my inclusive free minutes from my contract. I think is legal coz th staff is the one who gave me. The number that I dialled is showing in my bill and they're not charging me.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charlwill View Post
    I dont think it's secret coz I get it from one of the staff of o2 and I am using my inclusive free minutes from my contract. I think is legal coz th staff is the one who gave me. The number that I dialled is showing in my bill and they're not charging me.
    Searching around the internet suggests that today might be the last day you will be able to do this as from the 28th September O2 are no no longer including non-geographic numbers (numbers beginning with 08, 05, 06) as part of the inclusive minutes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    Searching around the internet suggests that today might be the last day you will be able to do this as from the 28th September O2 are no no longer including non-geographic numbers (numbers beginning with 08, 05, 06) as part of the inclusive minutes.
    But this is an 07 number...

Charlwill, if this works then well done for a great find Oh... but if I tell the wife about it, that means all my free minutes are going to be used up in one day

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    But this is an 07 number...

Charlwill, if this works then well done for a great find Oh... but if I tell the wife about it, that means all my free minutes are going to be used up in one day
    The "Secret access" I referred to does indeed begin with 08.

Thread Information