Thread: Visa to France

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Visa to France

Hello to everyone in Fil-Uk Forum,

Anybody experienced applying Schengen Visa to France. I am a UK resident and married to British but I havent apply for Citizenship yet. We been married in the Philippines and I have a resident permit attached to my passport but my husband name is not indicated in my resident permit, it was indicated before in my spouse visa but not in my resident visa.

What to do?

Anybody please help, and thank you very much in advance.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    If you have a resident permit then you do not need a schengen visa to travel to France or any other country in the schengen area.

You are free to travel there without restrictions.

Hope that helps..

Quote Originally Posted by Terrie88 View Post

Anybody experienced applying Schengen Visa to France. I am a UK resident and married to British but I havent apply for Citizenship yet. We been married in the Philippines and I have a resident permit attached to my passport but my husband name is not indicated in my resident permit, it was indicated before in my spouse visa but not in my resident visa.

What to do?

When you say you have a 'residence permit' do you mean you have a card which explicitly states 'Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National'
    or do you mean you have a UK issued 'Biometric Residence Permit' (BRP) ??

Are you a UK resident still under UK immigration regulations ?
    or are you here under EU regulations?

I assume you are Philippine passport holder?

Hi there,

Thank you very much for replies.

Yes I am a Philippine passport holder and in my passport attached my UK residence permit. I am living in the UK for 5years.

I do not know about (BRP), and I do not have a residence card.

I was married in the Philippines and I applied for Spouse Visa. After 2 years when my spouse visa expired I applied for Indefinite Leave to Remain which I got and I now have a residence permit (settlement - Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK) to one of my passport page.

I am a bit confused about what is required as it keeps mentioning that the visa must have my spouse's name printed on it in order to travel without applying for a Schengen Visa.

The residence permit in my passport does not have my spouse's name on it. Does this mean I have to go to through the full Schengen Visa application just because my spouse's name is missing. I have a marriage certificate and various utility bills which shows both of our names and we are going to travel together.

Would appreciate a soonest response. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Terrie x

What to do?

I think you need to apply for a Schengen Visa.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Yes I am a Philippine passport holder and in my passport attached my UK residence permit. I am living in the UK for 5years.
    If you havent done the oath taking /naturalization certificate and doesnt have a British passport you still need to apply for Schengen Visa to go to France.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Hello, Terrie ... to our friendly, online Filipino/UK community.

Sars is correct ... until you take the Oath of Naturalisation, then YES ... you will need a Schengen Visa - issued by your nearest French Consulate - to enable you to travel to France.

But, take heart ... unlike the costly visas required for non-European spouses settling in , the Schengen is issued free of charge to married partners of British Citizens.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Hello, Terrie ... to our friendly, online Filipino/UK community.
    The Schengen is issued free of charge to married partners of British Citizens.
    That's the good news

The bad news is, you'll have to spend the day in London ...You'll process the application in the morning then go back in the afternoon to pick it up.....When I applied for Schengen Visa in 2008 it cost £40 or thereabouts but, if it's free now, the money saved will go towards car parking and entrance to the Natural History Museum just across the road from the French Embassy

Thank you very much for all the replies,

Do I need to book an appointment or just go straight to French Embassy?

Hi there,

Thank you very much for replies.

I do not know about (BRP), and I do not have a residence card.

I was married in the Philippines and I applied for Spouse Visa. After 2 years when my spouse visa expired I applied for Indefinite Leave to Remain which I got and I now have a residence permit (settlement - Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK) to one of my passport page.

I am a bit confused about what is required as it keeps mentioning that the visa must have my spouse's name printed on it in order to travel without applying for a Schengen Visa.

The residence permit in my passport does not have my spouse's name on it. Does this mean I have to go to through the full Schengen Visa application just because my spouse's name is missing. I have a marriage certificate and various utility bills which shows both of our names and we are going to travel together.

Would appreciate a soonest response. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Terrie x
    You are under UK immigration regulations and must apply for a Schengen Visit before making to travel to France.

Plenty of threads here on the forum with good up to date info on that. A quick search will bring them up for you.

You'll need an apponitment

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar

Hiya there maybe I could offer my personal experience and also Steve on here who have already done this.

I used a company in London called TLS contact who arranges the visa for you the actual visa is free but they do charge an administration charge of £24.

This company arranges everything for you, all you do is fill in the schengen visa form online then print it out, you can then schedule your appointment with TLS and they will tell you exactly what documents you need and they also send this to the embassy so takes a lot of worry out of the procedure.

Like I say for a fee of just £24 it is well worth it as others will testify to this.

Hope that helps...

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Hiya there maybe I could offer my personal experience and also Steve on here who have already done this.

I used a company in London called TLS contact who arranges the visa for you the actual visa is free but they do charge an administration charge of £24.

This company arranges everything for you, all you do is fill in the schengen visa form online then print it out, you can then schedule your appointment with TLS and they will tell you exactly what documents you need and they also send this to the embassy so takes a lot of worry out of the procedure.

Like I say for a fee of just £24 it is well worth it as others will testify to this.

Hope that helps...
    PERFECT

Thread Information