Thread: Appointment booking at British Embassy, Manila for converting CNI - PLAN AHEAD!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Brilliant thanks guys!!

Hello guys! I am planning to book my appointment nextwek to exchange local CNI. I was planning to book it a months ago but it states in the website book your a appointment 2week before you visit the embassy ...gosh what I'm gonna do our wedding plan this coming dec...

Quote Originally Posted by sweetlove View Post
    Hello guys! I am planning to book my appointment nextwek to exchange local CNI. I was planning to book it a months ago but it states in the website book your a appointment 2week before you visit the embassy ...gosh what I'm gonna do our wedding plan this coming dec...
    You could try making contact with the Embassy and requesting an urgent and early appoinment based on the fact that you had been following their advisory re 2 weeks notice time.....
    May or may not work...but worth an e-mail and couple of follow ups.

There is a chance that you can secure the legal requirement Philippines CNI retrospectively
    but I have no experience of this. Best to ask the Embassy for further details of those stated "...some circumstances..."

Also ask the Embassy how to secure a marriage licence without the local CNI.....just so you know.

Here's what the Embassy state:-
    If a wedding ceremony has already taken place in the Philippines, and you did not obtain a local CNI from the Embassy we may, in some circumstances, be able to issue you a CNI, but only three (3) months after the ceremony date, and certificates of no marriage (CENOMARs)1 must be produced for both parties.
    Would be nice if you could provide some feedback on the forum following this course of action.
    Would be very good info for those, like you, who may find themselves 'stuck' timewise due to long waiting period for Embassy appointment.

Thanks sir terpe! I will contact them tommorow ASAP ... It's all rushing now.... Yeah I will post here what is their feedback ...

Thanks sir terpe! I will contact them tommorow ASAP ... It's all rushing now.... Yeah I will post here what is their feedback ...
    Yea, go to it sweetlove

As I said though, I have no idea how it could be done...lets see.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Yea, go to it sweetlove

As I said though, I have no idea how it could be done...lets see.

I rang the embassy earlier then I was lucky they gave me a slot for December 2,2013 we are the last couple they going to entertain...

thanks sir terpe for the advice!
    Last edited by sweetlove; 31st October 2013 at 04:36. Reason: wrong type

I rang the embassy earlier then I was lucky they gave me a slot for December 2,2013 we are the last couple they going to entertain...

thanks sir terpe for the advice!
    Do you have the NSO documents ready also? We applied on the 24th October online and they have just arrived today (4th November) Lucky....the appointment for British Embassy is on the 6th. So that is just under 2 weeks for someone living in Visayas.

Furthermore, i have seen cancelled appointments popping up everyday now on the British Embassy booking website. But these are for a 1 or 2 day in advance, good if you are living close by.

its high time they updated this 2 week before visit on their web site, it's misleading

Respected Member
    at this rate i would have to book the appointment for the CNI before i apply for the CNI

Well folks. Arrived Manila today from Cebu at 7am for a 1030am scheduled appointment. It took over an hour just to get from NAIA T3 to the embassy due to rush hour traffic.
    We arrived 830am and decided to just go in instead of having a quick breakfast down the road. Was a good idea to do such a thing as it was rather quiet inside with only 2 other couples. We ended up getting seen to at 915 and lo and behold a local CNI was provided to us 15minutes later.

So ended up seeing having a stroll around Global City and Taguig area before the afternoon flight back to Cebu. Alot changed since i was there 6 years ago. The jeepneys look almost out of place amongst the new high rises.

Also, bumped into a guy at the gates of the embassy who had said he was only in Phils for a month and was only just getting around to booking an appointment. Since there was such a backlog he tried his luck at the gates. That fell through unfortunately for him but i advised him to check for last minute appointments every day....i'm sure he isn't the only one in such a position.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisincebu View Post
    Well folks. Arrived Manila today from Cebu at 7am for a 1030am scheduled appointment. It took over an hour just to get from NAIA T3 to the embassy due to rush hour traffic.
    We arrived 830am and decided to just go in instead of having a quick breakfast down the road. Was a good idea to do such a thing as it was rather quiet inside with only 2 other couples. We ended up getting seen to at 915 and lo and behold a local CNI was provided to us 15minutes later.

So ended up seeing having a stroll around Global City and Taguig area before the afternoon flight back to Cebu. Alot changed since i was there 6 years ago. The jeepneys look almost out of place amongst the new high rises.

Also, bumped into a guy at the gates of the embassy who had said he was only in Phils for a month and was only just getting around to booking an appointment. Since there was such a backlog he tried his luck at the gates. That fell through unfortunately for him but i advised him to check for last minute appointments every day....i'm sure he isn't the only one in such a position.

Thread Information