Thread: living cost

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    My electric bill with 24/7 air con would probably be over £200 a month
    Our electric bill was about £13 per month, never used aircon because it's extremely unhealthy we used to open window opposite ends of apartment and at night sometimes found it cool enough to require a blanket!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Our electric bill was about £13 per month, never used aircon because it's extremely unhealthy we used to open window opposite ends of apartment and at night sometimes found it cool enough to require a blanket!
    There is/was a programme here about living in the sun....the matra was...you must be going to a place with a better standard living than what you have now for it to work in the long run

Okay, if youve burnt your bridges then you have to make it work...That sounds a miserable set up to me. Then you have to be thinking of your partner...they've put in considerable effort to leave the place. I know my past 2 wives would never go back there to live.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    There is/was a programme here about living in the sun....the matra was...you must be going to a place with a better standard living than what you have now for it to work in the long run

Okay, if youve burnt your bridges then you have to make it work...That sounds a miserable set up to me. Then you have to be thinking of your partner...they've put in considerable effort to leave the place. I know my past 2 wives would never go back there to live.
    Very good point Mark. My ex has no wish to ever live in the Phils again, and neither have her relations who've married and moved to the West.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Very good point Mark. My ex has no wish to ever live in the Phils again, and neither have her relations who've married and moved to the West.
    I want that life what Steve wants...the Genesis was set in motion watching Robinson Crusoe as a kid..always dreamt of far away sea shores..was I a dreamer or what

I've learnt much from my last 2 escapades ...I think there's enough sand left in the egg timer to do it..it's just a case of pacing myself, doing it all properly...Just like you Graham, I got hope..it's what keep us going day after day

Thread Information