Thread: consultancy

Question consultancy

hi! anyone there who knows g&e consultancy? i'm planning to go to uk and they said that the easiest way to go there is to have a student visa. they also told me that when i get there as a student i will be able to get part time jobs. but they asked me to pay P45,000 for the processing fee and 1,000 pounds for my tuition fee and the remaining 500 pounds i will pay when im already in UK. should i trust this consultancy?

anyone there who underwent this process?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aykes View Post
    hi! anyone there who knows g&e consultancy? i'm planning to go to uk and they said that the easiest way to go there is to have a student visa. they also told me that when i get there as a student i will be able to get part time jobs. but they asked me to pay P45,000 for the processing fee and 1,000 pounds for my tuition fee and the remaining 500 pounds i will pay when im already in UK. should i trust this consultancy?

anyone there who underwent this process?
    I would not trust this lot.
    There must be some other and better way.

Student visa is only £ 99 (9450 php)
    This is the form to fill in for the Embassy.
    http://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kfile/VAF1Oct06,7.pdf

A bit of warning from the Embassy
    http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/ser...=1136905842075

- With effect from 01 September 2007, A new student visitor category will be introduced for short term students who wish to study in the UK for six months or less but who do not wish to take part-time employment or seek an extension to their student visitor leave; visitors will no longer be allowed to enter the UK to undertake a course of study. Please note that the new category only applies to applicant over the age of 18. For further details please see Guidance on Students .

How to apply for courses and find placements... I don't know, but I sure some other member will explain better.

To recap....

Don't trust that company

hi aykes, welcome to the forum..

honestly i wonder why u post the same question all over this forum..havent u noticed or read the thread posted by Sir Keith in ur question?

i am sure a lot of friends here will help u better about the consultancy something..

just keep searching..ok?

oh sorry for posting the same topic. I'm just a newbie so I don't know the rules here.. well, again sorry.. :(

Its just that I need information about how am I be able to go to uk with a student visa. I want a consultancy who can help me but I can't trust that easily. Maybe you guys know one.

Thanks aromulus for the information. The problem is for me to be a student in uk, you need to pay the tuition fee first and get the certificate of enrolment? is that correct? but am i guaranteed to go there after I get my certificate. What if I am denied by the embassy.

Banned
    The problem is for me to be a student in uk, you need to pay the tuition fee first and get the certificate of enrolment? is that correct? but am i guaranteed to go there after I get my certificate. What if I am denied by the embassy.
    If you have all the documentation in place, the Embassy poses no problem at all with visas.

You can get the Enrolment certificate and pay any tuitions by yourself, without giving your money to the leeches supposedly acting on your behalf.

Link to the local Uni, near here.
    http://www.newi.ac.uk/en/programmesa...s/#non-uk%20eu

Link to the local college.

http://www.yale-wrexham.co.uk/international/

This is just an example,
    You can google your own choice of college or Uni, and look at the various requirements.

Good luck

What course were you contemplating on young man? Is this your first time to go to College? If so, it will be very difficult for you as a foriegn student. The cost would be very expensive. Just few weeks ago, 4 of my friends were offered a place in Thames Valley University, they were all sponsored by the owner of the Hotel were they are all working. Only one of them was given the visa and three were refused. The ECO had to consider all the probabilities and your circumstances as well. If you have much money to show them you can support yourself til you finish the course, chances are, you will be given the visa. And if you already have a Bachelor's Degree in the Philippines, then that's another chance. But Aromulos is right, do not trust them. You know how the system works in the Philippines. Cheers!
    The bravest thing that men do is love women--Mort Sahl

Thanks guys..

By the way, I'm a nursing graduate and I want to take NVQ4 there. If I go there as a student, can I support myself by having part time jobs? If so, where can i find one there? does the school provides list of available part time jobs for those in need?

london well away from those people up norf
    Depends where your to study, part time jobs are avaiable but their are rules on the amount fo hours that you can work as a person with a student visa (Im sure students have mentioned it to me) its unlikely anyone will check up on you but best to be aware. Also many part time jobs in the UK are Zero hour contract, so the employers can dicate what hours you work each week/month. Ie a shop before christmas or a big sale may give you loads of hours and then none in quiet periods. That or offer you hours when your studying or need to sleep for your studies.

Some colleges may have some form of list of part time jobs but due to the workforce avaiable to the employers since about 2004 when most of the eastern european countries citzens were allowed to work in the UK with no VISA they are more likely to use people who are avaiable 24/7 and not students so source them via other methods now.

Its not impossible to come over to the UK but you to need to show you have the funds to support your self. Accomdation will vary in price but in London and the south east a room may cost anywhere from 50-100 pounds a week, food for a person may cost 30 pounds, a travel card (a way of using the bus and trains in London for a fixed price) may cost from 15 to 41 pounds a week depending on where you live.

I don't know what the goverment require to see in the way of proof of funds but i would think you need to show you can support your self for most of the school year, so say thats 9 months that maybe 600 to 800 pounds a month maybe more which would be 6 to 8 thousand pounds. Plus tution fees which may cost thousands as well.

Good luck but make sure you research well and be wary of agencies.

thanks andypaul..

this forum is really helpful. anyway, if i still have questions i will just ask it here..

Banned
    By the way, I'm a nursing graduate and I want to take NVQ4 there. If I go there as a student, can I support myself by having part time jobs? If so, where can i find one there? does the school provides list of available part time jobs for those in need?
    You need to complete all your docs + sponsors (in UK/ Phil) My niece have already got her sponsor in Phil and I went to our local college here for her ESOL.

Hi Aykes welcome to the forum... So you intend to study in UK. Please visit this website : http://www.britishcouncil.org.ph.
    You can inquire if they have a forthcoming seminar.
    One of the privileges of International Students in the UK is that you are entitled to work for up to 20 hours a week. Good luck!!!!

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by itsme_iye View Post
    Hi Aykes welcome to the forum... So you intend to study in UK. Please visit this website : http://www.britishcouncil.org.ph.
    You can inquire if they have a forthcoming seminar.
    One of the privileges of International Students in the UK is that you are entitled to work for up to 20 hours a week. Good luck!!!!
    Useful info and the minimum wage which most part time jobs you may get are paid at is 5.52 pounds an hour recently just increased from 5.35. This is before national insurance and tax. To give you an idea of what you could earn with 20 hours a week.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsme_iye View Post
    One of the privileges of International Students in the UK is that you are entitled to work for up to 20 hours a week.
    The limit on the numbers of hours that can be worked is only during term time - the hours that can be worked in vacation time are unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    The limit on the numbers of hours that can be worked is only during term time - the hours that can be worked in vacation time are unlimited.
    also the course must be longer than 6 months, you can check your student visa to see if it says, "work prohibited", if it does, you are not allowed to work, also there are restrictions on the type of work you can undertake on a student visa (you must not engage in business, self-employment or provide services as a professional sportsperson or entertainer, and you must not pursue a career by filling a permanent full-time vacancy). also depending on your course, you might/might not be able to work in certain holiday periods !, eg usually you cannot work in the summer holidays if your doing a 1yr masters course. so you need to check with your uni, when you can work fulltime..

Thread Information