Thread: David Cameron makes fresh attempt to persuade Indians to come to Britain

David Cameron makes fresh attempt to persuade Indians to come to Britain

he's got to be joking

David Cameron has launched a fresh attempt to persuade Indian students and businessmen to come to Britain, amid fears the Coalition’s immigration policies are putting off foreigners who would boost the UK economy.

read more here .. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...o-Britain.html
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

He's spending a lot of time in India lately as well as still handing them bundles of overseas aid that they clearly do not need. " No limit on the amount of Indian Students who can come"

I have no problem with that as he is targetting affluent Indians, not Romanian gypsies and all the other rubbish
    Must admit in my dealings with people from India i have found them so different to their 'noisy neighbours) they are polite,and often very British.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    He's spending a lot of time in India lately as well as still handing them bundles of overseas aid that they clearly do not need. " No limit on the amount of Indian Students who can come"
    It was an obligation mapped out in 2009 by the Labour Government.

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Well spotted Gwapito

can u send me a link pls Gwapito
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Got to speak as I find. At least they will intergrate. I have found them very friendly in the community.

Mr Cameron arrived in India promising to end the "myth" that the UK has "closed our borders to Indians" and assuring the country there is “no limit” on how many Indian students can come to Britain.
    yes but there is a limit on the number of spouses of British citizens that can come to Britain

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    he's got to be joking

David Cameron has launched a fresh attempt to persuade Indian students and businessmen to come to Britain, amid fears the Coalition’s immigration policies are putting off foreigners who would boost the UK economy.

read more here .. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...o-Britain.html

You've missed quoted Joe He welcomes those who are going to contribute to the UK not those who are going to sponge off the taxpayers.

David Cameron makes fresh attempt to persuade Indians to come to Britain

The Prime minister wants to welcome students and businessmen who will boost the UK economy

Banned
    yes but there is a limit on the number of spouses of British citizens that can come to Britain
    Oh!??????? Didn't realise there was a limit Joe..........I'm looking forward to reading the link you forgot to include in your post

So what you are saying, Joe..For example, the British guy earning shed loads with no issues whatsoever, his wife in the Phils will get her Visa refused if the quota is exceeded....ummm

On the one hand you say he's targeting the affluent Indians who'll benefit this country and on the other he's dropped the £3k bond because they were complaining
    Yes you are right they are very friendly and they do integrate a lot better than others. They open their businesses and then they really help the communities they are in by only employing Indians a practice that would be considered racist if it was used by any other business.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmarco View Post
    On the one hand you say he's targeting the affluent Indians who'll benefit this country and on the other he's dropped the £3k bond because they were complaining
    Yes you are right they are very friendly and they do integrate a lot better than others. They open their businesses and then they really help the communities they are in by only employing Indians a practice that would be considered racist if it was used by any other business.
    I don't know who said that Marco?........Mr Cameron said he's welcome folks who are going to contribute. Like the Chinese who's wised up to the fact that penalising parents who have more than one child was a mistake....Our illustrious leader, Mr Cameron and his band of merry men have realised there will be a future shortage of academics unless he acts now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    Well spotted Gwapito
    I've ditched 'heart' and 'magic' between 1600 and 1900...I'm busy getting clued up on Radio 5 Live ..Us right wingers got to stick together

Banned
    can u send me a link pls Gwapito
    No problem, Joe

''I think there is rank hypocrisy really from Labour to call for non-attendance at a Commonwealth heads of government meeting that they helped fix when they were in government."So I think it is absolutely extraordinary behaviour – in 2009 they effectively agreed the meeting should be held in Sri Lanka and they're just playing politics and it's completely cynical."

Have a read Joe..all very interesting

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...o-Britain.html

Regards
    gWaps

You've missed quoted Joe He welcomes those who are going to contribute to the UK not those who are going to sponge off the taxpayers.

Visitors from India and other 'high risk' countries in Asia and Africa will be forced to pay £3,000 cash bond before they enter UK

Pilot scheme will later be extended to cover work permits and student visas

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-enter-UK.html

well this must be true as it's in the newspaper of the year oh and another forced U turn by May, but you'll see India is considered as a HIGH risk country and they were going to extend it to WORKPERMITS and STUDENT VISAS

Oh!??????? Didn't realise there was a limit Joe..........I'm looking forward to reading the link you forgot to include in your post

So what you are saying, Joe..For example, the British guy earning shed loads with no issues whatsoever, his wife in the Phils will get her Visa refused if the quota is exceeded....ummm
    your right there is no limit for them, the financial threshold doesn't effect him but as you know the £18k6 stops those who earn less from bringing their spouse here, so does that not limit the number of people then ? after all the excuse that you should be able to support your spouse and not rely on the tax payer is as you know a spouse cannot claim benefits until they have at least ILR and their British partner cannot claim 'more' of a benefit so why the financial threshold then? give me a valid reason gWaPito if not then it is to LIMIT the number of spouses coming to the UK

http://www.channel4.com/news/immigra...ting-mp-report

Totally agree Joe.. Fortunately my wife can come here but I still feel for others on here who are legally married and cant get their spouses here because of the income threshold. It would be easy for me to say Im alright jack but thats not me. Especially when you have imans in the mosques still marrying 13 and 14 year old muslim girls over here.

The number if Indian students in the UK fell to 16,000 last year, down from 61,200 in 2009.
    so why did the number drop by 45,000 in 4yrs , we know India is a high risk country for 'students' becoming overstayers , is it because of the clampdown on students who came here to work and dodgy colleges by this gov and the last labour gov

i think so

Thread Information