Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
if you don't know what other people need how can you say there is no poverty in the UK ?

GawPito said many survive on £1.70 a day in the Phils, i just said that a single person would need to have at least £830 a month to survive unless we want people to start living in cardboard boxes on the street and I'm sure none of us want that, then yes you can survive on a lot less.
Please show me where I said that Joe.

I didn't plan to get into a silly tit for tat argument over this Joe, because I've better things to do with my time, and all the answers are there for you on the internet as you well know.

The government have set what they and their experienced advisors have deemed to be the minimum income required by either individuals or families in this country.

I check people's benefit documents, income, bills etc every day of the week..in their own homes, as well as chat to them about their circumstances (and reasons for being in 'need'). I also visit working people from all backgrounds every day of the week, and have been doing so since 1977. Before that I worked at the Unemployment Benefit Office.

Friend, I know what I'm talking about, and that's the end of the discussion as far as I'm concerned. Sorry if that comes across as arrogant. It's just the truth.

You can rake around looking for an argument for as long as you like. It isn't happening this afternoon. Google is your friend.