Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haiyan survivors to Pacquiao: Help us

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool Haiyan survivors to Pacquiao: Help us

Clutching a SIM card she got from a donor, 58-year-old Emma Parientes took the muddy steps into an auditorium Sunday, November 24, to watch a fight that she saw as a source of comfort.

For a day, this place of tears became a place of cheers. From Pacquiao's winning match, typhoon survivors returned to their daily battles – with one more thing to smile about

Source:-
    http://www.rappler.com/move-ph/issue...cquiao-help-us

Pacman couldn't knock Rios down never mind out
    he's not had a knock out for 4yrs and the first fight he's won in 2yrs

has time caught up with him
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

You're quite right joe.............. I must say I was a bit anxious and deep down thought he'd lose.
    I really believe he kept going strong and well with the people clear in his mind. Without that I'm sure he'd have lost some focus......could've been much closer in that case.

I do think time has caught him out. Not just age-wise but also priority-wise. It doesn't help that he's so involved in politics and with his new Ministry.

Like millions of others I'm just glad he didn't lose at this time and gave the Philippines reasons to cheer and celebrate.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    You're quite right joe.............. I must say I was a bit anxious and deep down thought he'd lose.
    I really believe he kept going strong and well with the people clear in his mind. Without that I'm sure he'd have lost some focus......could've been much closer in that case.

I do think time has caught him out. Not just age-wise but also priority-wise. It doesn't help that he's so involved in politics and with his new Ministry.

Like millions of others I'm just glad he didn't lose at this time and gave the Philippines reasons to cheer and celebrate.
    I expect his wife putting in for a divorce didn't help either

Banned

Honestly Joe...I'd stick to politics...something you know fractionly more than what you know about boxing.

Manny is an 8 times world champion in 8 divisions. Nobody, that includes Mayweather has surpassed those achievements...the guys he was knocking out years ago were from his natural weight....his last KO was Hatton...even then Manny was rising through the weight Divisions

also bear in mind..this Rios is near 8 years his junior, aged 27yo in his prime.
    Rios own trainer (Garcia) said Manny is as quick now as what he's ever been. Nobody has come back from a KO like Manny suffered last year.....you only gotta look at Hatton and his come back . Manny's my hero

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Honestly Joe...I'd stick to politics...something you know fractionly more than what you know about boxing.

Manny is an 8 times world champion in 8 divisions. Nobody, that includes Mayweather has surpassed those achievements...the guys he was knocking out years ago were from his natural weight....his last KO was Hatton...even then Manny was rising through the weight Divisions

also bear in mind..this Rios is near 8 years his junior, aged 27yo in his prime.
    Rios own trainer (Garcia) said Manny is as quick now as what he's ever been. Nobody has come back from a KO like Manny suffered last year.....you only gotta look at Hatton and his come back . Manny's my hero

i missed your post , mayweather is unbeaten , pacman is not ,
    what did Marquez say the only way he would ever win was if he knocked pacman out,

justice at last for marquez
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

i missed your post , mayweather is unbeaten , pacman is not ,
    what did Marquez say the only way he would ever win was if he knocked pacman out,

justice at last for marquez

Joe..A win is a win!!
    I realise that you are still pretty sore in the manner that Pacman despatched your fellow manc, Hatton..
    I couldnt believe it at the time either,must admit..
    In regards Mayweather.. Pacman has agreed to every term they have asked for time after time... For some reason Mayweather doesn't want to know..
    IMO Manny would lose that fight on points...At least he aint afraid of losing. Not like Floyd.

I think he still won for the people If he can cheer them up a bit fair play to him.

Quote Originally Posted by andy222 View Post
    I think he still won for the people If he can cheer them up a bit fair play to him.
    That's how I see it too Andy

I won money on the day.. NO WAY was Pacman losing this one .. Rios was an extremely tough and durable younger fighter but was outclassed in every round by a Manny that was as fast as I've ever seen him.. He did his countrymen proud..
    Rios annoyed me with his comments after the fight.. Bad loser talaga!

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    ....Rios annoyed me with his comments after the fight.. Bad loser talaga!
    Yes, that's how I felt too. Even during the fight itself his behaviour was so poor. Clearly outclassed.
    During his interview he kept repeating that not once did he get hurt............did you notice the damage to his face.......... he's a

Not a mark on Manny

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Yes, that's how I felt too. Even during the fight itself his behaviour was so poor. Clearly outclassed.
    During his interview he kept repeating that not once did he get hurt............did you notice the damage to his face.......... he's a

Not a mark on Manny
    His face was going to look a whole lot worse 24 hours later when all that swelling comes out. He couldn't hid the bumps on his forehead which makes you wonder what condition his eyes were in.

I read Hatton's book the other day...that guy is still in denial..he's still blaming his trainer for the defeat against Manny

I expect his wife putting in for a divorce didn't help either
    I think you've been smoking something...

Decent fight, predicted outcome. Nice to see him back to winning ways.

I really hope he gets the Bradley re-match and then packs it all in on a high note.

To see the fight for free click on the link.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k2orpsjtOgIRzK4X2FZ

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy n Grasya View Post
    I think you've been smoking something...

Decent fight, predicted outcome. Nice to see him back to winning ways.

I really hope he gets the Bradley re-match and then packs it all in on a high note.

To see the fight for free click on the link.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k2orpsjtOgIRzK4X2FZ
    I've been on nothing buddy...hav a read

MANILA, Philippines - Manny Pacquiao was served divorce papers on the eve of his fight with Juan Manuel Marquez in November 2011, his trainer Freddie Roach disclosed on Thursday, May 10.

http://www.rappler.com/sports/5284-p...ght-vs-marquez

Anybody watching that Bradley fight would of said Many won it hands down...the Judges not only robbed Manny but also all of his adoring fans all around the globe.............the fight everyone want to see is with Mayweather.

Who's Bradley, anyway

Bradley is a paper champion.. He lost every round against Pacman..A travesty.
    IMO Roach shouldnt even consider letting manny fight him again..
    Mayweather or bust!

Banned
    Bradley is a paper champion.. He lost every round against Pacman..A travesty.
    IMO Roach shouldnt even consider letting manny fight him again..
    Mayweather or bust!
    Too right Fred

Mayweather or bust!
    Would you're money still be on Pacman? How did you get someone to bet against Pacman

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Would you're money still be on Pacman? How did you get someone to bet against Pacman
    Lets just say I got my money back from the same Aussie that I paid out over the Bradley fight..

OK Gwapito, a number of points here.

Firstly this thread is about the fight at the weekend, you seemed to be aware of that.

The link that you have provided refers to the Marquez fight number three - not even number four.

The story is a lie.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...story-not-true

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/05...ed-divorce-him

They're still married and she was ringside for the weekend fight.

You ask who is Bradley?

He's the guy that recently beat Marquez, the same Marquez that knocked Manny out. Not only that but he's currently ranked 3rd on the Pound for Pound rankings behing Mayweather and Andre Ward.

Seems to me that Joe knows more about boxing than you do.

Pacman is a legend and pound for pound the best boxer of his generation. He may be on the downward slope but seeing he's in his mid-thirties that's not surprising. Class performance by Manny and it's a pity he didn't floor that cocky Rios which would have made it the perfect comeback.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieXXXmaria View Post
    Pacman is a legend and pound for pound the best boxer of his generation. He may be on the downward slope but seeing he's in his mid-thirties that's not surprising. Class performance by Manny and it's a pity he didn't floor that cocky Rios which would have made it the perfect comeback.
    Shame Manny didn't bust his tongue when he was sticking it out.

not sore about hatton getting beat, but the way people reacted, my stepson and the misses and her family as well as probably most filipinos at hatton getting knocked out.

so if you give it, you have to take it, and i heard my stepson in his bedroom swear when pacman got knocked out, and i was watching it on the net

not sore about hatton getting beat, but the way people reacted
    Watched it in the Cinema here.. The way some locals reacted was very bad.. One woman behind me was laughing at Hattons GF`s expression as they were trying to wake him up..
    You have to remember though that Ricky let that defeat ruin his life.. Manny actually had a laugh about his knockdown,and then planned his next bout... Like I said..He aint scared of losing..He just wants to entertain his fans..Win or lose.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    people always expect a knock out whenever manny fight.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cebuguy View Post
    people always expect a knock out whenever manny fight.
    Not all of us cebuguy...yes, Rios was hand picked but, not because he was a patsie like Mayweather's offerings Rios was picked coz of his durability hence going the distance.

Hatton isn't the first guy to go down the toilet after his drubbing at hands of Pacquiao. ..Prince Nassem did a similar trick....George Foreman took up the ministry after Ail did him in Kinshasa

No sympathy with Hatton. ..He did a lot of bad mouthing before his deserved hammering. ...that guy will go to his grave blaming his trainer, Mayweather Sn for his lose

Remember. .Hatton's dad didn't want his son to fight him. ..He knew his boy was out of his depth along with his family.

... now that the "heady" excitement has died down over Pacquio's latest triumph in the boxing ring, can I return to the MAIN purpose of this thread and respectfully ask what the champ's [financial] response was, to the stricken survivors' appeal for ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... now that the "heady" excitement has died down over Pacquio's latest triumph in the boxing ring, can I return to the MAIN purpose of this thread and respectfully ask what the champ's [financial] response was, to the stricken survivors' appeal for ?
    “We don’t expect anything from him. His mere presence is more than enough for us to somehow forget that we are victims of Yolanda’s mad fury, Badida said.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/539069/...rs-in-tacloban

funny you mention Prince Nassem, many years ago when me and the misses use to chat online alot, i told her about Naz, she said she had seen somewhere that it was possible that a Filipino champ boxer was going to fight him, I had her a bet that Naz would win, but the fight never happened as the Filipino boxer lost another fight, anyone know if this was true ?

sure Naz quit, 2 sides to that, why carry on when your heart is no longer in it, and become a stock being beaten by lesser boxers, look at Tyson

then the other side, the fighter who makes a come back, everyone has a bad day in the office, or could get knocked out by a lucky punch, but is a true champ one who picks them self up and regains their title

Banned
    funny you mention Prince Nassem, many years ago when me and the misses use to chat online alot, i told her about Naz, she said she had seen somewhere that it was possible that a Filipino champ boxer was going to fight him, I had her a bet that Naz would win, but the fight never happened as the Filipino boxer lost another fight, anyone know if this was true ?

sure Naz quit, 2 sides to that, why carry on when your heart is no longer in it, and become a stock being beaten by lesser boxers, look at Tyson

then the other side, the fighter who makes a come back, everyone has a bad day in the office, or could get knocked out by a lucky punch, but is a true champ one who picks them self up and regains their title

Good post Joe Naz was the first and the last of his kind. I think he's from the same street as Khan..they talk the same I'll ponder that later on today ..must sleep now

like marmite gaWaPito some people don't rate him as a legend, some do,

i do, your right he was one of a kind, I watched all his fights on tv, he beat some very good boxers, 37 fights, 36 wins, 31 by knock out ! , 1 loss

maybe if he didn't show-boat so much and maybe the fame, money and training finally got to him, , i wonder what he would have become if freddie Roach was his coach and things would have ended differently , maybe everyone would have considered him as one of the all time greats

i watch a bit of UFC, and one fighter i watch is GSP - Georges St-Pierre, as i posted earlier everyone can have a bad day, and things don't go your way, but hey the judges think you still won , now where have i seen that before

it's all about the pera

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information