I just read the thread of ca143, at first I wrote the struggles of my application of availing a tourist visa to come to UK, Now that I am here for 2 months and two weeks now, I am still in trouble finding my space and the changes I made my self coming to UK. My ultimate goal was to be with my bf spend time with him and to take care of him. I did not have the "culture shock" since we live in Central London where it is multicultural, I see lots of Asians but not lots of Filipinos.

These are my concerns:

He works full time and overtime. Thanks God he ates what food I prepare, always English or oriental food but Filipino version as he said.

Period of adjustments with our partners on the first couple of months, an d actually everyday....

We live in Central London minutes walk to Oxford street, few yards from Warren street and Great Portland station, this means that where we are, is incredibly expensive when it comes to everything you need to buy.

I cant make friends, once I got from the flat, people are either walking fast or running, or on mobile everybody is busy and has no time to make an eye contact.

I joined Virgin Active health Club, but then again people are always rushing to do one thing from another.

Communication difficulties, the slang, accent, pronunciation.
Philippine's English and ways are mostly learned from Americans, being in Uk is another learning, which I think it is but accurate when it comes to communications. But for us Filipinos will take time before we can learn the right way. But we want to learn fast to cope up with people.

Friends I have live outside London, they are train rides away which I still don't have the courage to do it alone. I phone my friend 3 times a day in Wales.

Financially:

This is the hardest part, Since I was independent in the Philippines and was never dependent on anybody, coming here with out your own resources breaks my heart and make me feel sorry and small on my self because I don't have the courage to ask money and spend it for my personal needs, but I am a girl who has lots of personal needs. And most man have to be told. I know I need to speak out but not when it comes to money.

I came here not because of visa or money, I just love the man..... but I have forgotten to consider what are my needs, I walked down Oxford street and all I see is fashion everywhere and I love it I just can't have it.

That are a lot of things that I like most here in UK, the people, that doesn't bother of what you are wearing, the queue, cleanliness, the free tabloids a lot, but I/we have to remember that we came here for the man that we love.

His parents and family , who were very warm to meet me, no feelings of discrimination and insecurity, I love it. and I love York!

I'm counting the days of going back home to my daughter and coming back here again next year. If everything will work out.

God Bless to all