Thread: Hello

Newbie (Restricted Access) Gman's Avatar

Hello

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to this forum and I have joined looking for any help / advice regarding bringing a lady from the Philippines to the UK. My first question is how does she obtain a passport? How long does it take and how much does it cost?

Any info appreciated!

Thx

G

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum Gman, I'm sure some of the members will answer all and any questions in due course. Good luck!

Hi, welcome to the forum.
    Have you been to the Philippines to meet the lady?

If you follow the link below it will explain how she can obtain a passport.
    http://www.passport.com.ph/requirements

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to this forum and I have joined looking for any help / advice regarding bringing a lady from the Philippines to the UK. My first question is how does she obtain a passport? How long does it take and how much does it cost?

Any info appreciated!

Thx

G
    Hi Gman, welcome aboard Filipino Uk

You'll find many folks here have followed the same path you're considering.

Bringing anyone from the Philippines to the UK can vary between tricky and complex. It depends largely on the reason for the visa.
    The costs can vary between low for short UK visits (up to a max 6 months) to eye-wateringly expensive for those visa's leading to settlement. (settlement these days takes a full 5 years)

Where there's a will, there's a way

Good luck.
    We all look forward to following your progress.

Thumbs up Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Welcome to the forum Gman, I'm sure some of the members will answer all and any questions in due course. Good luck!
    Thanks Michael!

Jake, Thanks for this link very very helpful! I have never met her, we have been chatting online for a few months, so early days I know.... Thx again G

Terpe, yes I have just joined your Forum and browsed some of your posts but I am already realising just how complicated this is going to be! The number of obstacles and barriers to people coming here seem enormous, but I will take it one step at a time, first a passport for her then think about what type of visa is best initially, visitor or worker perhaps? Thx again, G

Welcome to the forum.

Just be aware that you'll need to be earning £18,600 p/a or have significant savings if you want to bring her over permanently.

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    Jake, Thanks for this link very very helpful! I have never met her, we have been chatting online for a few months, so early days I know.... Thx again G
    Hi Gman welcome to our friendly forum where there is a wealth of advice regarding immigration matters.

Like yourself starting on this journey, myself and many others have travelled down this road and as Terpe said it can be very tricky and complexed bringing your loved one here, but as myself and many others have done this.

What I would say is get familiar with the rules associated with different types of visas and I can honestly say with the guys help on here I am finally at the end of the journey ie: my wife and little boy been here in UK for a year now.

I wish you well in your journey and hope everything works out for you, just stick around any questions just fire away.

Good Luck...

... and congratulations on your burgeoning romance.

Using Jake's link as a starting point, the first priority will clearly be for your lady friend to obtain her passport ... thereby allowing you both to choose from whichever of the various options Terpe has outlined above is most likely to accord with your future plans.

Thread Information