Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm A Worrier . . .

Respected Member

Question I'm A Worrier . . .

Two days ago Mae was ill with a fever. This morning she texted me to say she was still ill. Ever since then I have sent her several texts with no reply, and I have tried to phone her but on the one occasion I got through she could not hear me and I can't be 100% sure it was her!

I expect she is in bed ill, and I know that reception is bad in her room. But that doesn't stop me from worrying. I may have only known Mae for a few weeks, but she is a wonderful woman who lights up my life every day when we chat for hours.

I hope she will be Ok tomorrow. In future i will try to get the number of her cousin who lives nearby.

Do I worry too much?

Ian

london well away from those people up norf
    No not at all, if you were not worrying would have been more worrying if that makes sense.

I hope you can contact her soon and mae makes a speedy recovery.

Banned
    beautiful belfast-now/beautiful bayawan-future!
    Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    Two days ago Mae was ill with a fever. This morning she texted me to say she was still ill. Ever since then I have sent her several texts with no reply, and I have tried to phone her but on the one occasion I got through she could not hear me and I can't be 100% sure it was her!

I expect she is in bed ill, and I know that reception is bad in her room. But that doesn't stop me from worrying. I may have only known Mae for a few weeks, but she is a wonderful woman who lights up my life every day when we chat for hours.

I hope she will be Ok tomorrow. In future i will try to get the number of her cousin who lives nearby.

Do I worry too much?

Ian

I can only say one thing...

awwwwwww

soooo sweet . . .

i SOOOO know your feelings, and you're not alone chap

Respected Member

To worry about her shows the type of person you are! dont pull yourself down because you are one of the few genuine blokes around.

Respected Member
    I finally spoke to her just now. She is really ill - could not get out of bed yesterday. I have insisted that she calls her cousin and they both go to the private hospital right away. Obviously she is worried about the cost - which is so sad because she knows I wouldn't think twice about paying for her.

Hopefully it is only flu, but I have a feeling it might be malaria or dengue. Are they around in Angeles?

This is a really horrible feeling. I know she probably wont die, but she sounds so weak. I don't think I will sleep much tonight.

Ian

dont worry too much Ian, I am sure she will be ok soon..

she's lucky to have u around and for us its better than any medicine we could buy in a pharmacy..

I hope for your girl gets well soon...it is this time of year when people gets sick, it is the rainy season. I had a bout with flu too just last week and yes no one dies of cough and colds but it helps to see a doctor when symptom persists says the advert. Dengue is very common in some areas of the Philippines. I'm sure your girl is aware of that too. She is just so lucky to have you as her man. Keep it up!
    The bravest thing that men do is love women--Mort Sahl

sorry about the typos i mean to say i hope your girl gets well pretty soon...

Look..Im going to pass this on just in case it is Dengue..
    Its a local remedy and a lot of people say it works..I dont know if it does or not but there is no harm in trying these things..Apparantly its to stop the blood platelets dropping..A Yank got dengue and was given this remedy and was out of hospital in just two days..
    Actually..I just looked and the info I have is in PDF files.
    Not really sure how to get them to you..Any ideas?

on what Ive read u can get dengue through mosquito bites..when my niece got dengue last month she's not given any medicines..

Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    on what Ive read u can get dengue through mosquito bites..when my niece got dengue last month she's not given any medicines..
    Its the only way to get it..Not your every day Mosquito though but rather a mozzy called Aedes egypti.
    Best get the patient to hospital because if the platelet count drops too low then its blood transfusion time and only fresh blood will do.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Its the only way to get it..Not your every day Mosquito though but rather a mozzy called Aedes egypti.
    Best get the patient to hospital because if the platelet count drops too low then its blood transfusion time and only fresh blood will do.
    Hey,hey, don't you think we're scaring him now?

I agree with u fred since they made a blood transfusion with my niece and the doctors tol dus its the only way to save her..

yes Ate we may scare him, but at least prevention is better than cure at least Ian will also have an additional info on that a simple fever or flu can lead to something dangerous if not treated properly..

if ur gf still feel ill after a couple of days, it is the best for her to see a doctor to prescribe her the best medicine..our doctor always told us that if there's already a fever there something's wrong with ur body, it might be an inflammation or an infection..

I understand Kim but was trying to make it lighter for him as I realized the thread was titled " A worrier" but you and Fred are absolutely right, she should go to the hospital and have her blood check for any complications. It won't cost much I am sure.

Two of my kids have had fevers a couple of times in the last few months..We took them to hospital and had them checked out..Just simple throat infections..
    There can be many minor ailments that bring out a fever..Just always check out quickly what it is..

Do I worry too much?

Ian
    Hi Ian you are really sweet and good idea to get the number of her cousin nearby. I can relate a bit when u mention about ill. But in my case...that time my Beb didn’t worry too much coz he got my brother and one of my cousin contacts so from them he knew my ill not that much serious just needed to take a long bed restI hope Mae too We have a bad weather right now maybe that's the reason why she got ill...I hope she will be ok soon...She's from Angeles? is that somewhere in Pampanga?

If anyone needs or wants to look over these natural plant remedies just leave or PM me your email and I`ll send you the files.

If anyone needs or wants to look over these natural plant remedies just leave or PM me your email and I`ll send you the files.
    I'm sure it's not cannabis Fred

ian how can u worry to much?
    u can never worry enough!

im sure shes fine but next time get the contact number of someone near her.

Respected Member

Smile

OK she's now at a hospital - Dayang Angeles Medical Centre? They think it is a throat infection, which would be good news, but they are taking blood tests for malaria and dengue. Apparently there is a lot of dengue about. She already sounds stronger and her cousin is with her.

It sounds expensive - 7000 pesos so far, so I will send her some money tomorrow. For now I am just so happy to hear her better!

Her cousin is too shy to speak English and so will not give me her number - I will have to work on that one!

A real thank you to all of you for your kind messages. It was a very worrying 24 hours!

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by gracia143 View Post
    I'm sure it's not cannabis Fred
    Grace..
    I couldn't possibly comment.

Ian..
    7.000PHP??
    Ouch.

its nice to hear that Mae was already in the hospital for the check up,well its good at least u know what causes her fever..I know how u feel Ian but trust me, here in the Philippines if a family or a relative is sick there's always a helping hand to make sure everything will be alright..

btw, fred can u share with me that herbal something?thanks..

Glad you know she is and may she have a speedy recovery.

Im sure if you needed to translate or write anything in tagalog or any other phill lanugae im sure somone on here could assit.

Her cousin may finding speakin and understanding spoken English very hard but maybe able to understand far better written english as long as the englsih is very formal no slang but with a biased to more american versions of words.

I finally spoke to her just now. She is really ill - could not get out of bed yesterday. I have insisted that she calls her cousin and they both go to the private hospital right away. Obviously she is worried about the cost - which is so sad because she knows I wouldn't think twice about paying for her.

Hopefully it is only flu, but I have a feeling it might be malaria or dengue. Are they around in Angeles?

This is a really horrible feeling. I know she probably wont die, but she sounds so weak. I don't think I will sleep much tonight.

Ian
    One to remeber is things that sound horrific to us are not so bad to people native to phill. I remeber my Wife having her first proper uk cold/flu here in the UK really knocked her for six everyone else in the my brit family and friends who suffered the same bug (we presume) carried on as normal.

Last year a BBC programe showed a uk reporter traveling around the equator and he caught malria and all the locals were joking that they are used to it and just like a bad cold to them.

So im soon your girlfriend will be back to normal

i'm sure your g/f will be fine.. at least shes in the right place now...

7000php is about right for a private hospital, could be more than double that for perpetual hospital, depending on length of stay and treatment

thats the thing when you don't have insurance, risk of a big pay out at once if you don't have insurance.. earlier this year, i paid £600 for a 30 minute op for my dog, total cost £900 , i'm still paying my credit card off.

Kimmi..You will have to PM me your email so I can attach the files.

alright Fred..thanks..

Yes whenever in the family is having a very high fever, specially on and off we are boiling a natural plant too as we believe that it will be helping blood platelets dropping if in case it is a Dengue Fever. Some of my friends who have been caught by Dengue testifies its effective. In Cebu, we call it “mangagaw”. It is a very common plant here and it is even very effective if you have eye sore just have to cut its stem and drop its milky like juice to your eyes.

Grace..
    I couldn't possibly comment.

Ian..
    7.000PHP??
    Ouch.
    kidding Fred but seriously in my dialect the plant is called "tawa-tawa", but i am sure it is not dengue and glad that she is on the road to recovery now...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information