Thread: Problem in Taxi driver's in Philippines

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator
    Had to get a taxi from our village the other week to the garage 3 miles away, equivalant to 500pesos, and that was with the meter on Welsh buggers :lol:
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Free Asian dating & forum - www.filipinouk.co.uk
    Subscription dating, 1000's of members - www.asiansingle4u.com
    Professional gambling & forum - www.win2win.co.uk
    Betting bot reviews - www.exchangebots.com
    Professional poker & forum - www.win2winpoker.co.uk
    Astronomy forum - www.astronomy-forum.co.uk
    Company site - www.win2win-limited.co.uk

Respected Member
    Originally posted by admin@Dec 19 2005, 09:43 AM
    Had to get a taxi from our village the other week to the garage 3 miles away, equivalant to 500pesos, and that was with the meter on Welsh buggers :lol:
    So cheap???

I think flagfall in my town is £2.80 for the first 3 feet, then £50 per mile, or something like that

Banned
    Originally posted by Pauldo@Dec 21 2005, 08:20 AM
    So cheap???

I think flagfall in my town is £2.80 for the first 3 feet, then £50 per mile, or something like that

Yes it's very true saying so cheap but if we pay them much more the more they will abuse the others, well it's nice to give tip or extra but I did it only if they are quite and not annoying me to ask a tip. Honestly drivers that asking tip to me the more I am not giving.I am very initiative person in everything.

And I have noticed that the older the taxi drivers the they ask more money than the younger one BUT NOT ALL ok

Respected Member
    Originally posted by love8888@Dec 25 2005, 11:18 PM
    Yes it's very true saying so cheap but if we pay them much more the more they will abuse the others, well it's nice to give tip or extra but I did it only if they are quite and not annoying me to ask a tip. Honestly drivers that asking tip to me the more I am not giving.I am very initiative person in everything.
    And I have notived that the older the taxi drivers the they ask more money than the younger one BUT NOT ALL ok
    At £50 a mile I don't actually give them a tip

Banned
    Originally posted by Pauldo@Dec 26 2005, 11:27 AM
    At £50 a mile I don't actually give them a tip

I remember one time we wanted to ride a taxi going to Glorietta and we're not yet get into his car he said a charge of P 100.00 pesos he think I don't know how much the real charge going there.

Every time we landed to Philippine Airport I always told to my hubby Her we go again taxi driver's ruin me everyday... then I whisper to my hubby honey I wish I could wrap you ... :( :( so nobody knows you are a foriegner once they know you had with your foriegner husband they tripple the charge you.

Well, we met a very nice taxi driver he did a very good service to us one time no asking tip have a meter on his car very quite and so I hired him in everywhere we go out. and when we had our departure day his been there very early than the time we told him and the charge is a lot cheaper than the taxi that the hotel will give to you so what we did we game him same amount of what the usual hotle charge us and I said to him keep up the good work, and please do the same service in to other foriegner the same way you did to us.

Respected Member
    Originally posted by love8888@Dec 30 2005, 02:26 PM
    I remember one time we wanted to ride a taxi going to Glorietta and we're not yet get into his car he said a charge of P 100.00 pesos he think I don't know how much the real charge going there.
    Every time we landed to Philippine Airport I always told to my hubby Her we go again taxi driver's ruin me everyday... then I whisper to my hubby honey I wish I could wrap you ... :( :( so nobody knows you are a foriegner once they know you had with your foriegner husband they tripple the charge you.
    Well, we met a very nice taxi driver he did a very good service to us one time no asking tip have a meter on his car very quite and so I hired him in everywhere we go out. and when we had our departure day his been there very early than the time we told him and the charge is a lot cheaper than the taxi that the hotel will give to you so what we did we game him same amount of what the usual hotle charge us and I said to him keep up the good work, and please do the same service in to other foriegner the same way you did to us.
    At the airport I simply go to the Airport taxi stand and get one, rather than do battle with the scammers that you can grab near the arrivals area.

I lived there for nearly ten years and I was paying less at the end than I was when I first went, due to the $/Peso exchange rate changing but the taxi price staying the same. 1500pesos from NAIA to Angeles city.

I shall be going to Manila tomorrow so we'll see if it has changed much since last year.

Thread Information