Thread: IELTS Exam for Spouse Visa

IELTS Exam for Spouse Visa

Hi,

I tried to inquire in IDP Makati for IELTS exam as part of my spouse visa application requirements. But they asked me what module Im gonna take. I just wanna ask, if anyone of our friends here in forum is aware of what specific IELTS' module is the British Embassy requires for spouse visa?

Thank you.
    Last edited by sweet_mazza; 23rd January 2014 at 07:11. Reason: ielts, spouse visa
    “I am seeking, I am thriving, I am in it with all my heart.” - Vincent van Gogh

#freediver
    #surfer

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    General Training is the requirement for spouse visa.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Also, UKBA is only interested in the passing grade for Speaking and Listening.
    They have no interest in the scores for Reading and Writing.

Unfortunately, most test centres supply only a complete package comprising Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing so you usually need to do all four.

Respected Member myliitlehaven07's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Also, UKBA is only interested in the passing grade for Speaking and Listening.
    They have no interest in the scores for Reading and Writing.

Unfortunately, most test centres supply only a complete package comprising Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing so you usually need to do all four.
    terpe, just a quick question if i may, been reading some thread with regards to this english test for ILR, is it true that anyone who already pass the B1 level expired or not prior to coming to UK can still be used for the ILR?

Quote Originally Posted by myliitlehaven07 View Post
    terpe, just a quick question if i may, been reading some thread with regards to this english test for ILR, is it true that anyone who already pass the B1 level expired or not prior to coming to UK can still be used for the ILR?
    Yes, that's correct. If you already achieved a B1 level pass AND the test is still listed on the UKBA approved listing then there is no need to re-take the exam.
    Be sure to check the UKBA listing

Respected Member myliitlehaven07's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Terpe;479230]Yes, that's correct. If you already achieved a B1 level pass AND the test is still listed on the UKBA approved listing then there is no need to re-take the exam.
    Be sure to check the UKBA listing[/QUOTE

smashing!fab! what a save of money hahaha i took the TOEIC test and it is still on the list ) All left to do is Life in the UK which I just finished studying, i will just wait for my passport to get back from the DVLA, does this life in the UK has an expiry date as well??

For TOEIC the minimum passing grade/score for B1 level =
    Listening = 275
    Speaking = 120

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Yes, that's correct. If you already achieved a B1 level pass AND the test is still listed on the UKBA approved listing then there is no need to re-take the exam.
    Be sure to check the UKBA listing
    Really sir Terpe, Im so happy to know this info, My English hopkins score is still in B1 level. I hope Hopkins still in the list when time comes for my ILR application on 2016.

thank you raynaputi and terpe
    “I am seeking, I am thriving, I am in it with all my heart.” - Vincent van Gogh

#freediver
    #surfer

Save starting a new thread, I'll ask a question here.

Just registered and paid for this afternoon for Harlene to take her IELTS test in Manila in April. But have a question regarding the photo I had to upload, worried I did it wrong.

It asked for ID type, I selected passport. Then it asked for id number, which was her passport number.
    But then it asks you to upload a photo, which I added a picture of a recent one she had done, as seen below.
    Is this right, I know it sounds silly. But I have it in my head I have done it wrong and she will get turned away on the day of the test. For some reason I am under the impression I should add a picture of her passport page with her picture on it, but then that picture is older than 3 months.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I think you did it right. From what I can read on the instructions, they are asking to upload a passport-sized photo, like what you uploaded. When it's exam time (speaking will be the first exam), they will take a photo of her again (based on my experience anyway). She needs to bring her passport to match whatever it is you put in the online form (i.e. passport number, name, etc.).
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Luddendenfoot, near Todmorden and Slaithwaite
    Quote Originally Posted by myliitlehaven07 View Post

smashing!fab! what a save of money hahaha i took the TOEIC test and it is still on the list ) All left to do is Life in the UK which I just finished studying, i will just wait for my passport to get back from the DVLA, does this life in the UK has an expiry date as well??
    Smashing indeed! This forum has been very helpful. I was already shopping around and making enquiries about taking my English test for my ILR when Yang (also a member in this forum) sent me a link to a thread which outlined the changes in KoLL. Thanks to everybody especially Sir Peter & Rayna. I am £100+ better off and worry free. Life in the UK pass notifications do not expire. I have taken mine in Leeds. Good luck. x
    UKBA,UKBA I am dreading to hear from you...
    UKBA, a BRP for Christmas will do...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    I think you did it right. From what I can read on the instructions, they are asking to upload a passport-sized photo, like what you uploaded. When it's exam time (speaking will be the first exam), they will take a photo of her again (based on my experience anyway). She needs to bring her passport to match whatever it is you put in the online form (i.e. passport number, name, etc.).

I think so, but you know that feeling you get when you're not sure! Anyone booked the IELTS online that can put my mind at ease lol.

I know one thing, my savings are taking a pummeling lately lol.... All for the love of my life (so I keep telling myself )

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    they will take a photo of her again (based on my experience anyway). She needs to bring her passport to match whatever it is you put in the online form (i.e. passport number, name, etc.).
    That is true, they will take new photo before the speaking exam goes and that photo will be in her test result form

Thread Information