Thread: DEPENDANT's VISA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member
    QUESTIONS:

1. Are dependants allowed to work in the UK?

2. If yes, is it ok that, if my husband is given the chance to be interviewed by an ECO in the Embassy and will be asked if he has plans of working in the UK, he tells that we are not closing the door for him of working and helping me also (but in a part-time basis since he will attend to our child in daytime and after work from office, I will be in charge)...

Is it ok to be frank on this?

Coz if he says no, that he has no plan, will we not sound so unrealistic? I prefer to tell that he is not closing the possibility...What do you think?

If no, can you please help me and throw me possible answers to this question?

Thanks a lot in advance for the help.

Warm regards,
    Jamz

Quote Originally Posted by JAMZ View Post
    QUESTIONS:

1. Are dependants allowed to work in the UK?

2. If yes, is it ok that, if my husband is given the chance to be interviewed by an ECO in the Embassy and will be asked if he has plans of working in the UK, he tells that we are not closing the door for him of working and helping me also (but in a part-time basis since he will attend to our child in daytime and after work from office, I will be in charge)...

Is it ok to be frank on this?

Coz if he says no, that he has no plan, will we not sound so unrealistic? I prefer to tell that he is not closing the possibility...What do you think?

If no, can you please help me and throw me possible answers to this question?

Thanks a lot in advance for the help.

Warm regards,
    Jamz
    Jamz,

Yes, dependant like spouse are allowed to work in the UK. I knew someone who got a dependant visa and working part time in M&S, so I think it is possible.

I think if he is ask on the embassy regarding if he wanted to work in the UK. Just say, if he is allowed to by the UK law, why not.

If I remember it right, before I came here, I was interviewed for fiancee visa and they asked me if I had plans of working in the UK, I replied and said it depends if I am allowed to or not. And I got the visa! Of course I was not allowed to work until we got married

Its better to tell them frankly, and tell the truth. Goodluck and hopefully they will be here soon

Respected Member
    Excellent! Thanks Gie for the input.

Thread Information