Thread: Who plays the lotto

Who plays the lotto

Who still plays the lotto, and if you do how much do you spend each week,

Myself if i remember i may have a go but its no great loss if i dont, but like they say you have to be in it to win it, so i am wondering whether to pay so much per week and do it on line, £8 a week, £416 a year,

Banned
    I play them Steve. All online so I havent got to bother buying them in the stores. All single lucky dips. The odds are that great, it's not worth buying more.

The Euromillions costs me £16 per 4 weeks The rest are on direct debit. I think all in all, around £30 a month. If you win, they tell you so, there's no need to check either.

You got to be in it, to win it

i am just thinking of doing it, £8 for the week that will cover the euro and the lotto, have to just convince myself now

I spend £10 a week, but I spend it with betfred on the Hotpicks version.

This means I wont win millions but my odds are greatly increased at winning something (won £1000 at xmas)

I'm happy to settle for £50,000-100,000
    Off to Bingo tonight to see if I can get 4th win in a row

I made the big mistake when it first started of using the same numbers each week, so I can't stop playing it now, just in case!

I do all mine online by direct debit so I can't forget to play the week my numbers come up! I do the Thunderball Saturday, Wednesday and Friday. Then the normal one Saturday and Wednesday. Rarely do the euromillions and never do any of the other various games they do.

I have far more wins on the thunderball then the lotto though with the odd £5, £10 wins. This year so far I have won £100 on the thiunderball once and £91 on the Lotto. Plus various little wins. One day the big one!

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    I get one ticket per week and have used the same numbers since the saturday it began so that I know the numbers have not come up before!

If i'm in the right place at the right time to buy a ticket I do.......2 lucky numbers.

Used to pick up £10 every now and then but not a sniff for months and months and months.

Still always a chance of a big win for small outlay.

the lotto won,t let you play if you,re out the country I tried to play but a message came up saying we detect your,re overseas and therefore cannot play .

I recall my dad doing Vernon's football pools back in the 1950s ... when the BIGGEST win was £75,000. I remember also, we used to all have to sit quiet while he checked his coupon against the teams' scores on the radio every Saturday evening.

I think he won £10 once on some draws ... a NOT so small fortune in those bygone days. But ... ... apart from that, all he ever got in return for his attempts, was the odd half crown (2/6d - or 121/2p in today's currency).

Banned
    Mum won just over 2 grand on the pools in the 70s.....that's how we managed a family holiday to the states going with Freddy Laker.

I must be spending more that £30 a month now I think about it Euro millions is 16. The lottery is now same price so that's another 16 plus I do the health lottery. I know that's a pound a line but I can't for the life of me remember how many games they play each week . Not to worry. .all on dd apart from euromillions. Which you can not get on direct debit.

Brian...as long as you set up your direct debts in the uk and your permanent address is in the uk then, you can play.

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Mum won just over 2 grand on the pools in the 70s.....that's how we managed a family holiday to the states going with Freddy Laker.

I must be spending more that £30 a month now I think about it Euro millions is 16. The lottery is now same price so that's another 16 plus I do the health lottery. I know that's a pound a line but I can't for the life of me remember how many games they play each week . Not to worry. .all on dd apart from euromillions. Which you can not get on direct debit.

Brian...as long as you set up your direct debts in the uk and your permanent address is in the uk then, you can play.
    I can only set them up when i,m in the u.k Ieven tried to get my brother to do it for me but they call you up to confirm everything so can,t do it until I get back next month

Thread Information