Thread: Indefinite leave to remain (English Language Test)

Indefinite leave to remain (English Language Test)

Hello everyone! I'm going to submit my ilr very soon. I already have the life in the UK pass notification letter. I'm just abit worried with my English language certificate. I took the exam on 2011 and used it during my entry clearance (spouse visa) with ukba approve test centre and with a pass mark. But, it still hold my maiden name. Do I have to retake the exam? I have proof that it is me showing my birth and marriage certificate like I did for my spouse visa. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jencha8569 View Post
    Hello everyone! I'm going to submit my ilr very soon. I already have the life in the UK pass notification letter. I'm just abit worried with my English language certificate. I took the exam on 2011 and used it during my entry clearance (spouse visa) with ukba approve test centre and with a pass mark. But, it still hold my maiden name. Do I have to retake the exam? I have proof that it is me showing my birth and marriage certificate like I did for my spouse visa. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.
    My wife is in a similar position and I asked a similar question a couple of weeks back and the font of all knowledge (Terpe) reassured us that the english test pass wouyld be ok.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Depends what your overall score is!

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Depends what your overall score is!
    Actually it's just the Listening and Speaking scores/grades that would matter. Both should have scores equivalent to B1 and above.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

I have above B1 score on both listening and speaking rayna. That means I can still use it even if holds my maiden name?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I have above B1 score on both listening and speaking rayna. That means I can still use it even if holds my maiden name?
    Yes Jen, you can still use it. As long as the test provider is still in the approved list of UKVI (UKBA).
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Thread Information