Thread: Travel insurance for holiday in Mindanao, Philippines

Respected Member

Travel insurance for holiday in Mindanao, Philippines

Just looking at travel insurance for our holiday to Cebu, Cagayan De Oro / Bukidnon Siargao Island. From reading most of the small print we would not be covered in Cagayan De Oro / Bukidnon because of the FCO warnings about travel to that area. Does anyone know of any companies that would cover us to that area please for a good amount on medical expenses and repatriation if required.

Anyone recently obtained travel insurance to this area that can help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Respected Member
    hi ,sent pm.

Respected Member
    if your travelling with cebu pacific -then could avail insurance when booking flight http://gotravel.com.ph/benefits.asp

I'm not an insurance broker or even knowledgable on all the in's and out's......but I would just recommend anyone to check out the T&C's small print to be sure that policy will pay out without exclusions in those destinations where travel is advised against by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO).

It's unlikely that any general policy will specifically state Mindanao....it usually just mentions exclusions due to those cases.

A local (Philippine) policy might be a workable route, though I doubt that repatriation would be included. Probably that's not a common feature anyway.....not sure.

Thread Information