Thread: Hopkins TOIEC Test for Spouse Visa

Hopkins TOIEC Test for Spouse Visa

My wife today made the journey to the Hopkins Test Centre in Makati, Manila, to take her listening and speaking tests.

When she arrived she was told she cannot take the listening and speaking tests there now. As from the 5th of this month the UK have withdrawn their use as a Test Centre and anyone already taking their test on the 12th these results will not be accepted!!!

So now she needs to wait for a refund and re book tests at another centre in Manila.

Can anyone give information as to who and where to book the listening and speaking tests with now?

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    IELTS, what we did when my wife wanted to take an English test was just type in IELTS test centres in Dumaguete and up came three centres, Just do the same for the area that your wife lives in. Good luck, I'm sure she will find one suitable!

Respected Member melovesengland's Avatar
    She only need to do Speaking and Listening Mick. The list of the Approved English Providers are on this link:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...uage_tests.pdf

I took IELTS for my visam if she wants to go that route then the infos are on this link (test centres and next test dates)

http://ielts.org//test_centre_search...9-71f4c17b141e

I submitted my TOEIC Certificate on 6 February and my application is still at the Embassy. Will it affect my application?

Respected Member marksroomspain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alexis View Post
    I submitted my TOEIC Certificate on 6 February and my application is still at the Embassy. Will it affect my application?
    Hi Alexis,

The test was withdrawn on 5th April so any before that date should be fine, also if there was a problem with it I believe the Embassy would have been in contact by now so hope that gives you peace of mind...

Quote Originally Posted by marksroomspain View Post
    Hi alexis,

The test was withdrawn on 5th April so any before that date should be fine, also if there was a problem with it I believe the Embassy would have been in contact by now so hope that gives you peace of mind...
    Hi Sir Mark, thanks for the quick reply.. my mind is at rest now lol

Monera has been to the IELTS centre in Makati and booked her test with them. She is a little worried now as she has to do the reading, speaking, listening and writing. Her writing is her weakest part and she is convinced now she will fail! Am I correct in thinking the writing and reading are not required and that the tests are marked separately so no need to submit the reading and writing? She is now not sure she has booked herself on the correct test.

Quote Originally Posted by mick foreman View Post
    Monera has been to the IELTS centre in Makati and booked her test with them. She is a little worried now as she has to do the reading, speaking, listening and writing. Her writing is her weakest part and she is convinced now she will fail! Am I correct in thinking the writing and reading are not required and that the tests are marked separately so no need to submit the reading and writing? She is now not sure she has booked herself on the correct test.
    Yes Mick...you're spot on.

UKVI are only interested in Speaking and Listening modules. Each module should be graded at 4 or above.

No need to be concerned about Writing and Reading at all.

There's a lot of threads here on IELTS.....if you make a search you should find some useful free practice links.

Did you find any Test Centres in Makati area? Am in same situation and trying to find

Quote Originally Posted by sunset112 View Post
    Did you find any Test Centres in Makati area? Am in same situation and trying to find
    http://www.ielts.org/test_centre_sea...9-71f4c17b141e IELTS TEST CENTRES

My wife got 3.5 for listening and 3.5 for speaking, would it be accepted?

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moorebwb View Post
    My wife got 3.5 for listening and 3.5 for speaking, would it be accepted?
    Unfortunately, no. She must have at least 4.0 grade both for Speaking and Listening. Your wife needs to retake the test.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by sunset112 View Post
    My wife went to the British Council office in Ortigas, 10th floor Taipan Place, Ortigas Jr Road, Ortigas Centre, Pasig City. This is where she registered for her test. They also have an office in Makati (not sure of this address). Your wife can use their facilities to revise and practice for her test.

The actual exam is taken in a hotel conference room which she will be given details of when she registers.

Thread Information