Quote Originally Posted by dontgiveuponme View Post
.....I can't think of any other options aside from this I'm afraid we cant afford to get a new application yet..I'm trying to be strong and hopefully a good news will be heard soon :(
There is another option that many folks have taken, you both could too.
I'm not going to suggest it's an easy alternative and to be honest the UK government are trying to make it more and more difficult, but at least it's a good alternative and one which you'll be taking together as a couple.

It's commonly called the EEA route (also known as Surinder Singh route)

The basis of this option rests on EU Regulations of Free Movement.

Please click on this link called Free movement for EU citizens and their non-EU family members

There's not a lot to read and most is explained early on. I include this just to give you a basis on the regulation.

You'll need to decide which EU country you want to go to and also how to support yourself. Might be better to consider those countries where English is widely spoken (eg Ireland)

Getting settlement entry to an EU country (outside of UK) for the non-EEA spouse of a British citizen is not too difficult and has some very attractive advantages such as having little overall cost and quite a fast 'application-to-decision' time.

Please do note that before you can exploit this opportunity you will need to be married

Once your husband has 'established' himself in another EU country those rights can be extended to you'll be able to apply for a visa to join or accompany him.
I wouldn't suggest doing this without accommodation and finance as it could get quite expensive to live until your husband secures some employment.

There's still some significant rules to comply with though before you'll be able to secure entry clearance to the UK and also you'll need to be together in your EU country for a significant time.

Firstly, you will need to provide sufficient evidence of actually residing there (your EU country of choice) as a married couple.
Secondly you will need to provide evidence of your husband being either employed or self-employed there.

You can then make an application under European law for a UK Family Permit.
This is essentially free of charge, and free from the onerous conditions set by standard UK Immigration rules (including the financial requirement and English language Test)
You only need to demonstrate that you are married under law and your EEA national husband has been in properly established employment or self-employment.

Now, the question is how long you need to remain in the EU country before coming to the UK.
There are no hard and fast rules, however the UK has recently updated what it's view is. I'll post more on this later if you think it's an option you're interested in, but current best guess is say 6-12 months.

Once you have secured UK entry clearance by way of the UK Family Permit you are free to come to UK and apply for a 5 year Residence Permit.
It's not a legal requirement but I strongly suggest doing it as it helps to formally establish your residency and immigration status
After a 5 year period you'd be eligible for application for Permanent Residence (same as ILR) After 1 year PR you are eligible for application of British Citizenship.

You might find it helpful to click this link on how to Apply for an EEA family permit

I believe this option might appeal to you given your current circumstances. Many UK citizens have taken this path without any problems.

Have a discussion with your fiance about this and think carefully about which EU country would be best for you to use as your 'springboard base'

Hope this helps in you thinking.

Please don't be shy to ask questions about any of the options briefly outlined here.