Thread: What I missed?

Respected Member myliitlehaven07's Avatar

What I missed?

Hi guys, my application for ILR is getting close but because i was too busy in work i feel like i have MISSED LOADS of facts and helps from the good people here :( I was just starting to read some threads and now am starting to panic!

First off, is TOEIC off the list for the ILR test approved??? can someone please send me a link of the new UKVI site??? ( did not realized its UKVI now not UKBA )

I already passed my Life in the UK test which took TWO hours test lasted for 5 minutes the rest was the process of getting into the test centre and starting the test itself

I'll be two years soon here next year in July. Will I be able to apply for my visa from then on or should I wait EXACTLY 28 days before my visa expires which is around September ??

Can someone advise me please

Respected Member
    Hi mylittlehaven 28 days before your visa expires is the earliest you can apply.

Our forum member called han is also due for her ILR soon. We are one of those members here panicking about ETS TOEIC. To make sure, book IELTS asap.

Quote Originally Posted by myliitlehaven07 View Post
    Hi guys, my application for ILR is getting close, but because I was too busy in work, I feel like I have MISSED LOADS of facts and helps from the good people here :( I was just starting to read some threads and now am starting to panic!

First off, is TOEIC off the list for the ILR test approved??? Can someone please send me a link of the new UKVI site??? (did not realize it's UKVI now not UKBA )

I already passed my Life in the UK test which took TWO hours. Test lasted for 5 minutes the rest was the process of getting into the Test Centre and starting the test itself

I'll be two years soon here next year in July. Will i be able to apply for my visa from then on or should i wait EXACTLY 28 days before my visa expires, which is around September ??

Can someone advised me please

For those lucky folks who are considered by UKVI under 'old rules' during their immigration journey then the qualifying period for ILR is 24 months living in UK as Spouse (this does not include any time under Fiancee Visa)

However the earliest you can apply for ILR is 28 days before the end of the qualifying period. That is 28 days before your 24 month anniversary date of your UK arrival.

In connection with your TOEIC English Language test.....did you receive a B1 graded pass ?
    As the immigration rules stand at this moment your B1 graded pass will continue to be accepted.
    There'll be further detailed guidance issued in due course. Hopefully things will stand as they are.

I just check on that test list and still in there :( TOEIC still included unless I am looking into an old test list! :(

It is not fair to be taking another English test just because one is out of their list already! I was just celebrating because I was told I don't have to take it again as I already passed and the thought of saving the money for it was fab, but now am so GUTTED!

Yes Terpe, I did!! I am following your advice. I can start applying next month but then I read something about TOEIC! Is that for application in Manila only? I am so gutted Terpe, if this is the case! I hoped you'd be telling me I got it all wrong again this time

Is my test result from TOEIC in Philippines no longer considered for my ILR?

OHHH that worries me better get myself ready and do the application next month before they change things again :( thanks Terpe

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Good Luck, and please don't panic!

Thread Information