Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rich. Poor. Tell nowt or all?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rich. Poor. Tell nowt or all?

Hi people,

I've been reading some of the experiences that people have had with their relationships.

There are many happy ones, but also a lot where men seem to be expected to be the piggy bank of the new wife. I know this would be in the minority - well at least i'm guessing that's true - but it took me back to an e-mail I had some time ago which was through a contact on a Dating Site for Filipino ladies.

After the normal chat to start with, there was only one thing she was interested in, and that was how much money I earn. Now the alarm bells were ringing so loud it was deafening and that automatically sealed her fate with me.

I didn't just cut her straight off but decided to play along with her. I simply told her I was earning about £15,000 to see what her reply would be.

Now the average in the U.K is about 26k, so I was well below that and also saying that, there are a lot of people in this country - millions actually - who are on the minimum wage and earn less than £15,000. So it was a fair number to tell her. Her response? She freaked out "You not get such little money", "All Englishmen earn much more money than that" "We read over here about how Englishman rich".

Now that lot came out in one e-mail, and the last one as well once I blocked her.

Now the question is this. What sort of percentage of ladies from the Phillipines do you believe are far more interested in the money a man has than in the man himself? And would you ever find a lady who would come to England to live with a very low wage earner?

And would you tell them whether you were rich or poor before you found out if they actually had any feelings for you, or tell them after.?

Are you serious?

Thought you already have a fiancee to focus on

Am I serious about which bit?
    A fiancee definitely not. Thre is another Ric on here though I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    A fiancee definitely not.

There is another Ric on here though I believe.
    ......................... 'll be the bloke whose username is 'Richpk'! Joined just over a week ago. Has a fiancee - or ... ... at least, a girlfriend (whom, I understand, is a "friend of a friend") - in Cebu.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ..................'ll be the bloke whose username is 'Richpk'! Joined just over a week ago. Has a fiancee - or ... ... at least, a girlfriend (whom, I understand, is a "friend of a friend") - in Cebu.
    Cheers Arthur, I thought I saw the name earlier.

Banned
    Too many Ri(c)ks - another one here

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....-visa-web-site

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post

Admittedly there're a fair few ... though nowhere near as many as there are Steves ...

But there's only ONE Dedworth!

Thought at first, my were playing "tri(c)ks" on me ... but ...

... ... you're RIGHT! !

... must be getting old !

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Are you serious?

Thought you already have a fiancee to focus on
    ......................... 'll be the bloke whose username is 'Richpk'! Joined just over a week ago. Has a fiancee - or ... ... at least, a girlfriend (whom, I understand, is a "friend of a friend") - in Cebu.

Thought at first, my were playing "tri(c)ks" on me ... but ...

... ... you're RIGHT! !

... must be getting old !
    ... now I can see what understandably albeit inadvertently Peter at the outset of this thread!

What they don't realise is we are taxed to the hilt.

I totally agree with you there. And maybe the money over here in general is higher than the Philippines, but our cost of living is ridiculous nowadays.

Oops that should've said 'Over HERE not her! . LOL

Yes and our cost of living is much higher than over there.

When I have been looking to chat with filipinas, I have a text ad which says if you're going to be asking for money within an hour of chatting, then please contact someone else.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    Yes and our cost of living is much higher than over there.

When I have been looking to chat with filipinas, I have a text ad which says if you're going to be asking for money within an hour of chatting, then please contact someone else.
    They can play the long game also

Respected Member cherrieclifford's Avatar
    I just wanna share a bit of our story.

I met my husband 4 years ago. Back then he was jobless, been thru hardships because of his past relationship. He's a kind of man with very low self esteem. He's just receiving his DLA and JSA. I don't mind because on top of that I felt his sincerity and kindness. He saved money and gave up his flat so he will be able to meet me face to face. 2011, he stayed here for more than 2 months. When he went back to UK, he tried to find a job but there was no luck. He then saved money again so we can be together. 2012, he managed to stay here for more than 10 months. We helped each other as I'm still working that time as well. We've been able to survive thay 10 months. We struggled but we're happy that we're together. We got married that year though its a very very simple ceremony. December 2012, he went back to UK. He found a job finally, very low income but its ok along with his DLA and got his own flat. I adore him more, seeing how he strived to fulfill all the requirements that we need for the visa application for us to be able to be together for good. Now, we are waiting for the decision. Fingerscrossed.

With regards to your question Mr. Rick. I dont know the percentage. To be honest, I heard a lot about other Filipinas who's just after the money of foreign men. I feel sorry for them and for the sincere men out there. Sad reality. But I'll tell you there are Filipinas who doesnt look for the amount of money a man can give but for the amount of love and respect that you can give her.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrieclifford View Post

I met my husband 4 years ago. Back then he was jobless, been thru hardships because of his past relationship. He's a kind of man with very low self esteem. He's just receiving his DLA and JSA. I don't mind because on top of that I felt his sincerity and kindness. He saved money and gave up his flat so he will be able to meet me face to face. 2011, he stayed here for more than 2 months. When he went back to UK, he tried to find a job but there was no luck. He then saved money again so we can be together. 2012, he managed to stay here for more than 10 months. We helped each other as I'm still working that time as well. We've been able to survive thay 10 months. We struggled but we're happy that we're together. We got married that year though its a very very simple ceremony. December 2012, he went back to UK. He found a job finally, very low income but its ok along with his DLA and got his own flat. I adore him more, seeing how he strived to fulfill all the requirements that we need for the visa application for us to be able to be together for good. Now, we are waiting for the decision. Fingerscrossed.

With regards to your question Mr. Rick. I dont know the percentage. To be honest, I heard a lot about other Filipinas who's just after the money of foreign men. I feel sorry for them and for the sincere men out there. Sad reality. But I'll tell you there are Filipinas who doesnt look for the amount of money a man can give but for the amount of love and respect that you can give her.
    What a lovely heartwarming post.

Good luck to you and your hubby.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    What a lovely heartwarming post.

Good luck to you and your hubby.
    Thank you Sir Graham.. We're hoping and praying to be together soon,,

That's what love is
    Good luck to you both

Lay

Quote Originally Posted by Drewturner View Post
    That's what love is
    Good luck to you both

Lay
    Thank you, Ms. Lay.. Congrats and good luck to your upcoming application..

Thank you, Ms. Lay.. Congrats and good luck to your upcoming application..
    Thank you

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar

Nice words from a lovely lady!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Nice words from a lovely lady!
    Thank you so much Mr. Michael..

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Thank you so much Mr. Michael..
    You're more than welcome Cherrie!

You're a real woman Cherrie. Massive respect.

Hope everything works out for you guys. Rep on its way!

Good and bad in all, its just about taking that chance and realizing both your dreams

and just the one ARTHUR too I think

Respected Member
    Hi people,

I've been reading some of the experiences that people have had with their relationships.

There are many happy ones, but also a lot where men seem to be expected to be the piggy bank of the new wife. I know this would be in the minority - well at least i'm guessing that's true - but it took me back to an e-mail I had some time ago which was through a contact on a Dating Site for Filipino ladies.

After the normal chat to start with, there was only one thing she was interested in, and that was how much money I earn. Now the alarm bells were ringing so loud it was deafening and that automatically sealed her fate with me.

I didn't just cut her straight off but decided to play along with her. I simply told her I was earning about £15,000 to see what her reply would be.

Now the average in the U.K is about 26k, so I was well below that and also saying that, there are a lot of people in this country - millions actually - who are on the minimum wage and earn less than £15,000. So it was a fair number to tell her. Her response? She freaked out "You not get such little money", "All Englishmen earn much more money than that" "We read over here about how Englishman rich".

Now that lot came out in one e-mail, and the last one as well once I blocked her.

Now the question is this. What sort of percentage of ladies from the Phillipines do you believe are far more interested in the money a man has than in the man himself? And would you ever find a lady who would come to England to live with a very low wage earner?

And would you tell them whether you were rich or poor before you found out if they actually had any feelings for you, or tell them after.?
    Maybe you should ask them why they are not so attracted to their gwapo pinoy neighbours who have no work and sit around all day drinking red horse

Quote Originally Posted by London_Manila View Post
    Maybe you should ask them why they are not so attracted to their gwapo pinoy neighbours who have no work and sit around all day drinking red horse
    my answer to that:
    my conclusion is that foreign men are more faithful than pinoys

Hello Rik, here are some of my views to that:

She's a total scammer, good that you blocked her a true sincere woman ( wherever she's from ) will never ask that question in the 1st place!

Not just in the Philippines, but to every country already know about the equivalent of pound, it's just that some didn't know about the cost of living here in the UK. Whatever your currency is, just as long as you know how to manage your earnings then that's all that matters!

Before my husband is in a normal wage, that means I won't be able to come here! But we managed to stick together. After years of chatting, we had a good news, he got promoted from his job ( he didn't expect it ) so that's why I am here

In a dating site, you'll never know what's people have in their minds, they could be a player or real in finding the right one! It takes time to find the right one!

Good luck in your search

Lay

My answer to that:
    My conclusion is that foreign men are more faithful than pinoys
    Lol! I do agree to that..that is very true Cherrie. My English man is very faithful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information