Thread: SHARING: Letter to UKBA/UKVI

Respected Member myliitlehaven07's Avatar

SHARING: Letter to UKBA/UKVI

We filipinas are not known for voicing out much of what we think and feel. We are more likely to obey, just keep quiet and get on with it.

But for today, I have broken my silence and am letting my anger out! What you are about to read below are just my sentiments and my opinion, and I have typed this email not just for my sake but for everyone who is involved in similar issues to mine.

Here is the letter I wrote:

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Yesterday, June 30, 2014, I applied at the Cardiff Premium Service Office for my Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK as the spouse of a British-born citizen.

Firstly, I would like to commend the staff there for their friendly welcome.

However, I am writing in regards to the TOEIC English Test.

Unfortunately, I was not fully aware of the issues with this test until yesterday, when I was informed my application had been placed "on hold" pending investigation into its validity as an ETS provider.

I truly understand your reasons for these steps being taken in the interests of safeguarding and strengthening Immigration security here in the UK. I myself will not condone cheating and find it appalling to discover that some applicants have actually been guilty of such actions.

However, in the event of this being the case, why does your system appear to have failed to update the List of Approved English Test Providers on your website?

Perhaps you could argue it was reported in the News and posted on your website, and therefore potential applicants should have acquainted themselves with the changes.

But have you thought about what it's like for a genuine individual who is working hard - trying to make ends meet - in order to prove to you that he/she will be of no burden to your country - leaving themselves precious little time to keep abreast of frequent changes to the System.

With respect, updating your clients is your responsibility. Moreover, such updates should not appear on just one page of your site!

To my mind, your List of suitable English Tests ought to have have been updated as well - or better still - a note included to the effect that a particular Test is either temporarily unavailable, or no longer acceptable for application purposes.

I should imagine not many individuals will go as far back as February to check on your News Feed.

I and many other applicants, rely on that list. You have removed TOEIC from your approved Test List but appear to have omitted to mention this on your website which current applicants will consult and where they can TRUST the correct procedure to follow.

Up until this point, as far as I can see, the TOEIC test is still included on your list.

I cannot help but feel that I and many applicants have been misled by this list that you have not managed to update.

The cheating that was done in one of the Colleges in UK is an Isolated case. It occurred alone in the UK. I took my test back in the Philippines in 2012.

If there is a cheating issue with this ETS in UK, why am I and other applicants who took their English test in their very own Country being affected by this?

Shouldn't there be an investigation launched in other countries as well if you are suspicious of any cheating involved elsewhere?

That I would adhere to.

I am an honest Filipina from a nation where English has long been the medium of instruction from Elementary School onwards and feel the
    constantly changing rules your Government imposes on people like myself - who have already proven their standard of literacy - is unfair to say the least.

What is the point of having our application on hold, tormenting us, waiting for a decision? Maybe even ending up with rejection and/or having to spend another HUGE amount of money for a further English test, when you could clearly see that my TOEIC English test was not from this Country where the issue of cheating was exposed! Why include us? I will accept the further investigation reason why my visa is on hold if you had undertaken an investigation in my own Country at the time I took my test. Surely, there should be a consideration to those people who have taken their English test not in this country!

And would it not be more efficient for your office to have conducted an Interview with the applicant right there and then at the time of their application to see if they have actually cheated in their English Test? Would that not save you from hurting applicants by making them suffer waiting? Would it not save your time and resources as well?

I am so utterly in pain of your decision to put my visa on hold for this matter - not only hurting me and my husband, but the entire family. And I am not just one of your applicants suffering this so to speak. In my 34 years of life, I was not born to voice out my anger and pain, we have always abided by rule and laws, but this application for visa being on hold is depriving me and other HONEST applicants of a happy life. The cost of this visa - £1,493 - is what we have had to work so hard for all those years.

I chose the service to avoid the stress of waiting, but to have a "no decision due to investigation" is so appalling! Isn't it enough that my test was taken in Philippines 2012? Not UK 2014? Why let us suffer?

We are hoping and praying that you will have a good sense of heart and responsibility towards your applicants. A heart that will tell you that not all who took this TOEIC test are the same as those who cheated in UK. A heart to know that people are suffering due to your inability to give consideration to those tests NOT taken in the UK! A responsibility to update your website and not mislead us. I would like you to know that I am writing to you not just for myself, but for those applicants who are still awaiting your decision. Applicants who are being tormented by the long wait. The deprivation of our rights to live our life happily.

I have written this email to express my feelings with TOTAL honesty.

Regards,

Mrs Richards

A brilliant letter, well done, and I hope you get the result that you deserve. But knowing how ruthless these people are, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I have lost my hope and my trust with them Andy I could not explain the disgust I feel for this Government! They have the most stupid rules. Sorry, I know this is your country but I could not help but feel it at the moment.

And hey, isn't that letter enough to prove I can also WRITE IN ENGLISH What else do they want me to prove? Us to prove?

And I WORK IN CALL CENTRE as well. Do you think a big company will hire me if I can't utter a word of English!!!

WHERE THE HELL IS THEIR COMMON SENSE???

They have no common sense and I agree with you about this government. All they want is our money.

I wish you the best and that all works out for you in the end. Dont give up, you will be rewarded!

Praying it will soon be resolved.

John
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    May I advise you to send this letter via your MP because in my experience, UKVI usually ignores email. I have plenty of experience in that when I waited 10 months for my FLR(M). It seems they never open any of their emails. I also sent letters to UKVI directly but failed to get any response. I only got responses when I sent the letter to my MP and he then forwarded my letter to UKVI.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Sorry to hear of your anguish, and I sincerely hope you get some resolve

There are a couple of small spelling and grammatical errors which I'd be more than willing to correct for you (if you want me to), absolutely no offence intended, but apart from that it's a well constructed letter from the heart.

Wishing you success,

Simon

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post

There are a couple of small spelling and grammatical errors which I'd be more than willing to correct for you (if you want me to), absolutely no offence intended, but apart from that it's a well constructed letter from the heart.

Wishing you success,

Simon
    Good suggestion Simon!

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by myliitlehaven07 View Post
    And hey, isn't that letter enough to prove I can also WRITE IN ENGLISH What else do they want me to prove? Us to prove?
    Well said young lady, and reference your English... don't bother to have anyone correct it . It's fine, and probably considerably better than some of the stupid ignorant who work at the UKVI !

I can say that, because I don't have to bend over for them.

UKVI....GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER !

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    May I advise you to send this letter via your MP because in my experience, UKVI usually ignores email. I have plenty of experience in that when I waited 10 months for my FLR(M). It seems they never open any of their emails. I also sent letters to UKVI directly but failed to get any response. I only got responses when I sent the letter to my MP and he then forwarded my letter to UKVI.
    Good advice, but I'd just send a COPY of it to the MP, with the other straight to UKVI. Otherwise it might just disappear into the 'pending' trash bin.

N.B. My little haven:

That's a BRILLIANT email of yours ... it must've taken a TREMENDOUS amount of thought, time and, not least, courage on your part.

However, please click on your 'Settings' regarding a number of minor alterations I've made to it on your behalf

Hopefully its revised content will have a POSITIVE impact!

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Well said young lady, and reference your English... don't bother to have anyone correct it. It's fine, and probably considerably better than some of the stupid ignorant who work at the UKVI !

I can say that, because I don't have to bend over for them.

UKVI....GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER !

Thanks dear, I think some people don't have in their dictionary the typo error and should be hired as auto correct. lol

My apologies for wrong spellings ... I was fuming and livid just typing and slamming my fingers on the keyboard!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post

Wishing you success,

Simon

I don't mind correcting my spelling or grammatical errors. I'd be thankful but however by doing so and re reading my post again I just felt THAT the corrected letter is NO LONGER ME I get ur point of having to write it as formal as you can and efficient as you can but it has lost THE heart i poured into it. Thanks for the effort anyway.

I don't mind correcting my spelling or grammatical errors. I'd be thankful but however by doing so and re reading my post again I just felt THAT the corrected letter is NO LONGER ME I get ur point of having to write it as formal as you can and efficient as you can but it has lost THE heart i poured into it. Thanks for the effort anyway.
    but it wasn't Simon who altered [some of] the context and wording of your email ... it was actually me who did so, in order to help you in getting your point across to UKVI without causing any undue offence - and [possibly] "alienating" their staff - in the process.

Much as wholeheartedly with the *sentiments you expressed - and can appreciate the feelings of anger and frustration that prompted you to put *those into print - sometimes when people are very upset, it becomes all too easy to overreact and "let rip" ... ! Believe me, I've done so (albeit usually verbally in my case) in the past - to my cost - and finished up losing the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    but it wasn't Simon who altered [some of] the context and wording of your email ... it was actually me who did so, in order to help you in getting your point across to UKVI without causing any undue offence - and [possibly] "alienating" their staff - in the process.

Much as wholeheartedly with the *sentiments you expressed - and can appreciate the feelings of anger and frustration that prompted you to put *those into print - sometimes when people are very upset, it becomes all too easy to overreact and "let rip" ... ! Believe me, I've done so (albeit usually verbally in my case) in the past - to my cost - and finished up losing the argument.

No worries Arthur I do understand your point and you're absolutely correct in there just that my EMOTIONS are pouring

Hi, have you received any reply from your MP...PEO and/or UKVI yet???
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Banned
    An excellent letter

Just an aside - I hope you don't work at that call centre shown on the BBC run by the maniac in Swansea

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03mtjjh

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Hi, have you received any reply from your MP...PEO and/or UKVI yet???
    Nope. Still waiting...maybe next year?? Ha! I'll post here whatever their response is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    An excellent letter

Just an aside - I hope you don't work at that call centre shown on the BBC run by the maniac in Swansea

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03mtjjh

Hahaha nope! It's a big established company where u get most of ur foods

Nope Still waiting...maybe next year?? Ha! I'll post here whatever their response is.
    We understand how upset you are but no need to be rude.

I guess you just need to keep on trying because you paid for it.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Must be Aldi!

Banned
    Hahaha, nope! It's a big established company where u get most of ur foods
    Ditto Michael ...........It's Lidl & Aldi for me

We understand how upset you are but no need to be rude.

I guess you just need to keep on trying because you paid for it.
    Oh am really really sorry it did not mean that way ..I meant for them to take or give me an answer ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Ditto Michael ...........It's Lidl & Aldi for me

Hahhahahhah keep guessing ur getting close!!

Oh am really really sorry it did not mean that way ..I meant for them to take or give me an answer ...
    That's fine, chill out a bit babe

I asked earlier if you received any reply because one of my friends had got the same problem a month ago. She received a letter asking if she wants to wait for the investigation or to take an English test with the certified providers.

She ended up taking the test, got the English certificate and sent it to them. In a couple of days she received her BRP.

Btw,

she posted her application and it's been six months of waiting - only to find out that it's been on hold because of the English test certificate, which is also under investigation.

Banned
    Hahhahahhah keep guessing ur getting close!!
    Hard discounters don't need to bother with expensive customer service departments - obviously we are talking rip off Britain here, every little helps ?

That's fine, chill out a bit babe

I asked earlier if you received any reply because one of my friends had got the same problem a month ago. She received a letter asking if she wants to wait for the investigation or to take an English test with the certified providers.

She ended up taking the test, got the English certificate and sent it to them. In a couple of days she received her BRP.

Btw,

she posted her application and it's been six months of waiting - only to find out that it's been on hold because of the English test certificate, which is also under investigation.

I'll be taking another English test - IELTS. Earliest they've got is next month, one test from Trinity Grade 5 speaking 'n' listening. However, they won't allow me to take the test because I don't have passport

Thread Information