Thread: Newbie and need advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thank you Cherrie.. did you take your English test at IELTS? Is it really hard?

Respected Member cherrieclifford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by honey View Post
    I took TOEIC which is unfortunately not acceptable anymore. So I need to take another English test before my next visa application. I have no idea really about IELTS but if they can pass it, then u can. Just familiarize yourself with the exam and practice and practice. I think your English is good enough to be able to pass the exam.

Hello Honey! Good thing about IELTS is that test dates are available once or twice in a month. Have you chosen a date when to take it?

As for me, I took the test twice and passed both with flying colors. It wasn't really that bad. I understand it can make you nervous, just try to focus yourself that passing IELTS is one step closer to your partner. You can search review materials online.

Are u located in Cebu?

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2014 View Post
    Hello Honey! Good thing about IELTS is that test dates are available once or twice in a month. Have you chosen a date when to take it?

As for me, I took the test twice and passed both with flying colors. It wasn't really that bad. I understand it can make you nervous, just try to focus yourself that passing IELTS is one step closer to your partner. You can search review materials online.

Are u located in Cebu?

Hello and thanks for the advice. I haven't registered yet. I am from Manila. Did you use review centre?

Hello and thanks for the advice. I haven't registered yet. I am from Manila. Did you use review centre?
    Yes I did enroll in a review centre (Sorry to say, I wasn't really happy with the centre or shall I say with the instructor. It wasn't worth it). You can actually search for review materials online.

Bottom line, it really depends whether you're comfortable with a classroom set up or self study.

Was too late in finding out that there's free access to review materials and mock tests if you register in British Council here in Cebu. I've heard that IDP in some parts of the Philippines is also offering the same thing too.

And if you're gonna ask me which IELTS provider (British Council or IDP) is better, I can say that both are equally the same.

Thread Information