Thread: Hello all, Jayjay1976 here

jayjay1976

Hello all, Jayjay1976 here

Hello all fellow users of this site.

My name is James and we live (my wife and I) in Tring, Herts
    A friend of ours recommend this site to us.

Now the reason I am posting this message up on the wall here, is because my wife of nearly 3 years went back to visit her family because her brother 'Lito' just died about almost 6 weeks ago and our family in the Philippines need our support. Of course I had to come back earlier because of other business here in the UK.

Now the horrible thing is, whilst my wife is still over there, she had been listening to some well meant advice.

This advice was given to her by members of her family and some friends. God, I could kick myself for not staying there a bit longer, but that's too late now.

What happened - and I only just found out on Sunday 13th July - my wife changed the name on her passport, but the most horrible thing about this is, she renewed her passport with our married name on it, and when she got her passport back, guess what? No UK settlement visa on this passport. I have been spitting blood over this especially when I told her not to change the passport to our married name yet. Anyway, my poor wife was in tears all the time when she realised this.

Although she has a return flight ticket to the UK, it's no good. As there is no visa on her passport now, she cannot fly back to the UK!

It seems to me, that we now have to start all over again with the visa applications and whatever else we need to do so that my wife can come back home. I don't what to do. I'm at my wits end.

Thank you,
    JJ

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    On her return to the UK, she can present the new passport WITH the old passport that contains her visa upon checking in at the airport and at the immigration. Immigration will see the connection in that. Plus, it would be helpful if your wife can present the marriage cert too. I do hope though that your wife hasn't thrown/disposed her old passport!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    On her return to the UK, she can present the new passport WITH the old passport that contains her visa upon checking in at the airport and at the immigration. Immigration will see the connection in that. Plus, it would be helpful if your wife can present the marriage cert too. I do hope though that your wife hasn't thrown/disposed her old passport!

Yes my wife did this and it was absolutely fine.

Yes, my wife also did this, she had her old passport attached to the new one and came in and out without a problem........

Respected Member
    Problem solved hopefully! At least she didn't renew and find out that day that new passport wouldn't be ready until after the return flight was scheduled to leave Manila, because they had already punched the old passport.

Trusted Member
    My ex used to do the same...both passports, stapled together.

They don't transfer the visa sticker from one passport to the other.

Another reason why I advise people not to be in such a rush to change names on their passport. More important is being able to travel hassle-free, with all documents matching. There is no legal requirement to put your married name on anyway.

jayjay1976
    The old passport is lost, gone for ever
    Thanks

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Are you the same user that posted this thread

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....572#post505572 ???
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Jayjay1976/Jonpotter,

I do hope you fully understand that it's absolutely not the done thing to have multiple active usernames in the forum.

I'm expecting you to come clean and regularlise this unacceptable incident ASAP.

Trolls are not welcome here

yes one and the same
    yes sorry about this but forgot the id and password

Thread Information