Yeah, well...

I have taken it on board.

PETER, as usual you raise some very valid points and find it difficult to be argumentative because it would only be for the sake of it.

You see, when you first mentioned "perks" it seemed to me like a comparison to British women (Western in general..?), and of course they will never match up to the warmth, charm, inner beauty and thoughtfulness of the average Pinay.
I keep telling Jet that we are equals, and it will take me sometime to convince her of this fact as her culture and upbringing are rather different from ours.

After many years of living on my own, I find that the simple fact of having lunch or dinner, sitting at the table, together with someone I really love, absolutely great.
It doesn't matter who cooks the meal.

"Perks". I will admit that I do have manicures, pedicures, massage, and everytime I try to return the favour I get told that it is NOT my job...
I don't see those actions as perks, but as another way of expressing her love for me.

It may just be that I am confused by all this attention and still don't know how to deal with it.
But very willing to learn.