Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well done Cameron

Millipede would forgot he had brought someone home then wake up to Diane Abbott !

Quote Originally Posted by les_taxi View Post
    Millipede would forgot he had brought someone home then wake up to Diane Abbott !
    I dunno, Dedworth seems to go on about her a lot!
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member
    Harriet Harman and no vote on Europe is enough to stop me voting Labour

People want less European immigrants and Labour is out of touch on this one

I have been sick to death of the 2 party system for many years now, the party system should be abolished and MP,s should be totally independent.

It me off when they vote probably for something that is against there constituents' interests just to follow the party line.

To my way of thinking, if a Bill comes before Parliament - such as a European referendum bill - they should simply vote whichever way they think their constituents prefer.

What we have, is over a 4/5 year Parliament, the governing party will spend 2 years undoing what the previous government has done, then 2 years doing its Party thing. Then the other Party gets back in, does the same thing again and its the same circle over and over again. Yes, most of us have a reasonable standard of living, but I can see problems ahead which neither party is addressing.

1. There is a growing shortage of affordable Housing, Im a British born and bred, have any of you tried getting a rented Social House ?. No but i can point you to none British who can.

2. The Health service is over burdened and Im afraid the BIG new shiny Hospitals are not working, lots of foreigners rather than use the out of hours service from Doctors, prefer to call an Ambulance they think thats the Norm.

I personally do not believe the cost of getting the country back on its feet is being shared around, definately the Rich should contribute more as they are better able to sustain themselves, a 1p on the pound Tax hike for working families is bearable, but this should be combined with a 12p hike for millionaires, and the Rooneys of this World.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    I have been sick to death of the 2 party system for many years now. The party system should be abolished and MPs should be totally independent.

It me off when they vote probably for something that is against there constituents' interests just to follow the party line.

To my way of thinking, if a Bill comes before Parliament - such as a European referendum bill - they should simply vote whichever way they think their constituents prefer.

What we have is over a 4/5 year Parliament, the governing party will spend 2 years undoing what the previous government has done, then 2 years doing its Party thing. Then the other Party gets back in, does the same thing again and it's the same circle over and over again. Yes, most of us have a reasonable standard of living, but I can see problems ahead which neither party is addressing.
    Best post I've seen on this forum regarding politics. Rep on its way.

I have been sick to death of the 2 party system for many years now, the party system should be abolished and MP,s should be totally independent.

What we have, is over a 4/5 year Parliament, the governing party will spend 2 years undoing what the previous government has done, then 2 years doing its Party thing. Then the other Party gets back in, does the same thing again and its the same circle over and over again. Yes, most of us have a reasonable standard of living, but I can see problems ahead which neither party is addressing.

1. There is a growing shortage of affordable Housing, Im a British born and bred, have any of you tried getting a rented Social House ?. No but i can point you to none British who can.

2. The Health service is over burdened and Im afraid the BIG new shiny Hospitals are not working, lots of foreigners rather than use the out of hours service from Doctors, prefer to call an Ambulance they think thats the Norm.

I personally do not believe the cost of getting the country back on its feet is being shared around, definately the Rich should contribute more as they are better able to sustain themselves, a 1p on the pound Tax hike for working families is bearable, but this should be combined with a 12p hike for millionaires, and the Rooneys of this World.
    Yes good post rep from me too,although top paid footballers if not fiddling it would be paying lots of tax too-in Rooneys case about £140,000 a week so thats fair enough.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar

Well said!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information