Thread: UK told to pay more into Europe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Mansion Tax etc:-

Those with the biggest houses are likely to be the highest earners, so highest income tax payers, and pay the highest band council tax. Overall they are more likely to be an asset to the area. Just by having the largest house they will probably employ people, cleaners, gardeners, drivers, etc. They will also have hi-tech burglary protection, sprinklers, private medical insurance, send their children to fee paying school, etc., so, as I said, an asset to the area. Paying out and taking almost nothing back.

However, the poorest people (probably unthinking Labour voters) will probably claim all the benefits available, so will be the biggest drain on the services, paid for by those paying the highest taxes (more likely to be Conservative voters).

Just a thought.

But as I no longer have a vote in UK, just the ‘privilege’ of paying tax on my Crown Pension, I don’t have any say.

Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    Mansion tax etc:-

Those with the biggest houses are likely to be the highest earners, so highest income tax payers, and pay the highest band council tax. Overall they are more likely to be an asset to the area. Just by having the largest house they will probably employ people, cleaners, gardeners, drivers, etc. They will also have hi tech burglary protection, sprinklers , private medical insurance, send their children to fee paying school, etc. so as I said an asset to the area. Paying out and taking almost nothing back.

However, the poorest people (probably unthinking labour voters) will probably claim all the benefits available, so will be the biggest drain on the services, paid for by those paying the highest taxes (more likely to be conservative voters).

Just a thought.

But as I no longer have a vote in UK, just the ‘privilege’ of paying tax on my Crown Pension, I don’t have any say.

Exactly how it is ..Well said..
    Mind you, as millionaires they will probably end up moving away at some point and employ local people and pay far less taxes in another country where it doesn't rain as much!

Thread Information