Originally posted by deepete@Feb 20 2006, 02:16 PM
I agree with you Fred about starting a business in P.I.

I was just about to start a taxi service around Angeles with my Korean partner some 8 years ago when he was mysteriously killed in a motorbike accident around Tarlac. Something was not quite right and I didnt wish to push on with the idea.

Then I set my Brother-in-law up with a pet and animal food shop in Fields ave, Angeles. That survived for a year but too much credit was given ( to my Father-in laws friends) and that folded, also as soon as a business looks like its doing well competition will swamp you.

One of the best places for starting a business is right here in the U.K. Then go spend your profits in P.I. Not sure about buying property there, may have missed the boat for a while as they are now talking about a 65 pesos to the pound rate compared to 106 pesos last year. At the moment its 80 odd and still going down.

Peter
Not sure about buying property there, may have missed the boat for a while as they are now talking about a 65 pesos to the pound rate compared to 106 pesos last year. At the moment its 80 odd and still going down.
Yes Peter..
The £/peso rate does not look good..I thought I would need another £20,000 to finish my units but that just went up by 15% !!
Not looking as bad today though at a tad over P90 to £ from PNB website..
Regards..
Fred.