This weekend i went to bayswater three store on the way back from woking in liverpool street the system both for credit top ups and to actually buy it was down grr. So couldn't buy them but the missus finished work and bought two at the price a Black and also Pink model. The other we had is going to a friend.
We could buy any credit for the Phones as threes credit system was down on saturday. But i set them up (took 5 mintues) also the phones have windows live messagner which you can download these phones set up so it has to be a hotmail.com or .co.uk type not sure it will take yahoo and others. But some of the other services include yahoo and google are there as serach pages, so im sure if it takes off both will be pushing to put there messagners onto these devices.

So if your workplace like most doesn't let you use messagner on a your pc at work you can carry these in your pocket and at a low cost speak to your Mahal. Which helps with the time difference if they are in Phill. Less late nights and early mornings for both unless wanted.

Also the call it appears is actually a phone call to three skype server and then becomes a "skype" call it appears and when you recieve the skype call it is a phone call from the three sever. Thats why it works ok in 2g,2.5g and 3g areas as they advertise.
I think Three use as well as there own transmitters also use orange network so if you have a good orange phone signal you will get the skype call. From i can see.

I like to add i have no intrest in three but like both three shops visted this saturday they are selling well the assitants (the wifes assitant had sold 20 himself not including other staff) told us but in both occasions we could choose from what colour of model we wanted.

As far as i know apart from the london free newspaper cover adverts, which are poor as they don't explain to a non techy person quite how you could save, no newspaper or tv programe or even martins moneysaving website have picked up on them yet in a big way once they do i can see them become hard to get hold of, as we approach christmas.