Thread: Lonely Filipino Mum but with full of hope

Newbie (Restricted Access) kulokay's Avatar

Lonely Filipino Mum but with full of hope

Hello all! I hope everybody's ok. I don't know how to start but here it goes.

I for one am struggling to stay positive but still hoping to find answer or possible solution to my current family UK immigration problem. I've been married since 2006 to a British citizen and we have a daughter who we managed to get a British passport from outside UK and I still have a Filipino passport.

I overstayed in UK but left after giving birth to our daughter. Me, my husband and our daughter have been living together in the Philippines and outside the Philippines. One day, unfortunately, my husband lost his job abroad and we did not have any choice but to live separately. My husband and my daughter had to go back to UK..and me to come back from abroad to here, in the Philippines.

We all left the Caribbean and flew separately on the same day. It was so heart breaking for me and my family. But me and my husband thinks it is what 's best for our daughter. I had to stay with my friends and relatives in the US for a few months, while my husband tried to get a job in the UK.

Unfortunately, they have been living in the UK for almost 8 months now but my husband still haven't found a job. He actually had no choice but to apply for a job seeker's allowance.When we left the Caribbean, we were hoping he will land on a job in the UK within 3 months maybe maximum 6 months. But we do not see him getting a job any time soon and to be honest, we are both getting really depressed. He's at the point where he wish he is dead. It's killing me to hear that from him. We know he needs a job and at least 6 months pay slip earning a minimum of 18500 p/a to get me a visa so I can join them. They live at the north part of UK and the wage there is not as good as in London.

I am here, asking for an advice. I read about the Parent Visa so I can help take care of our daughter. but not a lot of info about it. And my case is so different. Please is there any other visa I can apply for so I can see my daughter again? Especially, my husband is scheduled for an eye surgery at the end of the month. They are staying at my mother-in-law's house right now. She's 72. I really cannot live blind-folded of when I can ever be with them again. They need me. My daughter needs me. And this situation is really killing me and my family. I can do any job. I will work any job. I do websites. I have a job offer in the UK and is waiting for me once I'm there.

I am please asking for your help. I don't know where to go to for a good advice that I can afford to pay. What should I do????

Thank you in advance for your advises.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Have you tried reading about the EU route? Maybe that one would be a better option for you all. Others will be able to give you more info about it.

DON'T LOSE HOPE!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Hi Raynaputi! Thank you for your quick response. I appreciate it. We have read about the EU route but none of the companies he applied for a job responded to his applications. We cannot afford to move to another country without a sure income. My husband will still need to prove he's working and paying tax and all if we do chose that route.

Quote Originally Posted by kulokay View Post
    Hi raynaputi! thank you for your quick response. I appreciate it. We have read about the EU route but none of the companies he applied for a job responded to his applications. We cannot afford to move to another country without a sure income. My husband will still need to prove he's working and paying tax and all if we do chose that route.
    The EU route might just be your answer, Surinda Singh, the EU citizen (your husband) can take you and your child, or join him in any European country, excluding UK, the non-EU spouse, is entitled by EU law to issue a 'C' Visa (short stay visa) to any EU country of your choice. Even Ireland is allowed, but not Northern Ireland.

Apply for visa from Irish Embassy. It is free, and not all the requirements like Spouse Visa,

The requirements to get to UK from that chosen EU country apply to your husband, minimum 12 hrs work per week, or self employed, wage slips, utility bills etc, stay a minimum of 3 months, then you can apply for visit to UK. Even if the non-EU has only 1 month visa stamp, you are allowed to stay in Ireland 3 months by law. As long as in those 3 months your husband acquires at least 12 hrs work, you can both become residents, then you can forget that visa, you are legal.

Here is a link, where you can get all the info you need:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6502...95959/?fref=nf

and here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/650212281695959/files/

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    the eu route might just be your answer, surinda singh, the eu citizen (your husband) can take you and your child ,or join him in any european country, excluding uk, the none eu spouse, is entitled by e u law to issue a c visa( short stay visa) to any eu country of your choice, even ireland is allowed, but not northern ireland,
    apply for visa from irish embassy, it is free, and not all the requirments like spouse visa,

the requirments to get to uk from that chosen eu country applies to your husband, minimum 12 hrs work per week, or self employed, wage slips , utility bills ect , stay a minimum of 3 months, then you can apply for visit to uk, , even if the none eu has only 1 month visa stamp , you are allowed to stay in irland 3 months by law
    , as long as in those 3 months your husband aquires at least 12 hrs work, you both can become residents, then you can forget that visa, you are legal.

here is a link , where you can get all the info you need ,

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6502...95959/?fref=nf

and here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/650212281695959/files/
    Thank you Stewart. I will read and study the EU route. Thank you raynaputi and imagine.

Hi raynaputi! thank you for your quick response. I appreciate it. We have read about the EU route but none of the companies he applied for a job responded to his applications. We cannot afford to move to another country without a sure income. My husband will still need to prove he's working and paying tax and all if we do chose that route.
    Based solely on the information you've shared and just like others have suggested, I would strongly advise you both to seriously rethink the EEA route.
    Just as Imagine says, Ireland is English Speaking and very close to UK.

What line of work has your husband worked in?

The EEA route does not require any specific income threshold which should enable him to take up pretty much any employment, 2 employments, self-employment or any combination.

Also on the EU route, you the none EU can work to help your income to survive the minimum 3 months, but can not be used with or instead of your husbands minimum 12 hours a week for requirements of center of life,
    by the looks of things,this may be your only option,

Your husband could go first before you, or you both can arrive together,

By the way your overstaying, does not go against you on the EU route

Thank you Terpe...I have been reading about the EEA route and I do agree..I will speak to my husband about it. Thank you very much

Thank you again Stewart. I definitely will look into it will update you. I have answered the questionnaire for the FB group you send me a link of..hopefully will get to read more info from there. Thank you :-)

he works in surveillance

Trusted Member
    While wishing you all the best of luck, I am frankly very surprised that your partner has been unable to find work, with the chance of earning the required amount for the visa application...which isn't a high salary here.

There is certainly no shortage of jobs in the country now.

For something so important (my family), I would be prepared to work anywhere in the country, and to do any job that I was physically capable of.

Sorry if I sound harsh (and I don't have the full facts), but he needs to try a lot harder and to stop feeling sorry for himself.

Thank you grahamw48. I appreciate your honesty and being up front. I can only hope for the family to be together again the soonest time.

Kulokay, I would definitely follow the excellent suggestions made by Imagine, and supported by Terpe . I can sense your desperation in wanting to be with your family and being unable to due to your circumstances.
    Yes there are jobs available, I would suggest that your husband widens his search from not only his preferred option (surveilance) to any job that he is capable of doing, everyone in this day and age has to be prepared for Career changes, ongoing Training etc, etc, there are fewer jobs these days that last a lifetime, and employees have to be flexible in where they work, what they do, and the hours of work. There are jobs available in many of the big Supermarkets for instance I would suggest he tries Aldi and Asda both of these i know for a fact have security vacancies (Aldi More than the £18600) which your Husband may find suitable, with regards the £18600 issue it may well be that for a short time he will have to work two jobs to reach that threshold, he really needs to stop feeling sorry for his situation and treat finding a job as a job in itself.

Good luck

Thank you Harry..and all..Does anyone here know of a link for the requirements the Irish consul here in the Philippines will requirements for the certain visa I should apply for? Thank you ..

Thank you Harry..and all..Does anyone here know of a link for the requirements the Irish consul here in the Philippines will requirements for the certain visa I should apply for? Thank you ..
    It's all in the links I gave you, look in the files, ask questions,

Here is another link surinda singh for newbies, it is so simple, read it then ask the questions in that group,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B64...F3cG5qdVE/view

and its a 'C' Visa - short stay,

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    First of all, welcome to the Forum Kulokay. Sorry to read of your Plight but if I can make a suggestion, tell your husband to call at any Road transport contractors depot and enquire if they want any labour to steam clean trucks and trailers or collect spares as a van driver and do other odd jobs, he may well be successful if he keeps trying because these are the type of jobs that are never advertised and no special skills required, you never know what lies ahead and he's nothing to lose. Good luck for the future!

Thank you Stewart! I'm still waiting for the group to accept my membership request. Thank you for the file ..really appreciate it ...

That's a very good idea Michael Parnham..thank you so much..I will definitely suggest that to my husband

Thread Information