Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to apply for a spousal visa

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gensanbritish &#064; May 9 2006, 04&#58;37 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Hi Ivor and Mel thanks for your reply. Its really helpful. But i just want t asked again about this UKVAcs? if ever all my requirments are complete, are they going to pick up it after i phone them ??? and regarding the payment which is to be paid by managers cheque? what will i need to do first ?? what bank to i need to go? hope to have answer in all my question.. thank you so much again and may GOd bless you..
    Jovelyn
    [/b][/quote]

Ivor and Mel,

hello again&#33; I just wanted to asked regarding the evidences. How can i make this evidence so that it will be presentable?? i mean the pictures, do i really need to put them in the album? and how about the letters and emails what will i do to them? and the emails im planning to book bind it and put at the front paul and jovelyn emails is that a good idea? Also do i need to enclosed all of that in the sealed envelope together with my application?Hope to hear from u about that. Thanks for always replying to all my questions.

Jovelyn

Quote Originally Posted by Gensanbritish @ May 12 2006, 12:18 PM
    Ivor and Mel,

hello again! I just wanted to asked regarding the evidences. How can i make this evidence so that it will be presentable?? i mean the pictures, do i really need to put them in the album? and how about the letters and emails what will i do to them? and the emails im planning to book bind it and put at the front paul and jovelyn emails is that a good idea? Also do i need to enclosed all of that in the sealed envelope together with my application?Hope to hear from u about that. Thanks for always replying to all my questions.
    Jovelyn
    Hi Jovelyn,

What we had to end up with was everything able to fit into one large plastic wallet that the courier could seal and deliver to UKVACS

Yes, you should try to create a photo album, but it doesn't have to be elaborate! We created our own album, and tried to make it so that it was not bulky... not sure how to describe it! It was the "flattest" album we could find in the shops, and just a bit larger than A4 in size, with thinnish plastic cover, and enough pages (with plastic foldover) to hold 30 pics (I'm guessing - can't remember how many we ended up with!) Beneath each photo, we wrote a one-liner description: date... location... identities of people in the photo...

Letters and cards should be in the original envelopes wherever possible. We placed all those in a thin plastic wallet of their own. We didn't have many e-mails, so we put them in with the letters. We had lots of Yahoo chat logs (edited of course ) and these we placed into another 2 plastic wallets.

Ivor and Mel

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gensanbritish &#064; May 12 2006, 11&#58;18 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Ivor and Mel,

hello again&#33; I just wanted to asked regarding the evidences. How can i make this evidence so that it will be presentable?? i mean the pictures, do i really need to put them in the album? and how about the letters and emails what will i do to them? and the emails im planning to book bind it and put at the front paul and jovelyn emails is that a good idea? Also do i need to enclosed all of that in the sealed envelope together with my application?Hope to hear from u about that. Thanks for always replying to all my questions.
    Jovelyn
    [/b][/quote]

Hi Ivor and mel,

Thank you so much for the information that u gave to me regarding evidences. Im going to start looking for a flat album in the mall and start making all the evidences that i need. By the way, i just want to asked also about my passport. I&#39;ve heard that if u married to a foreigner u need to attend CFO seminar first in order to have this CFO certificate. Thats one of the requirments of getting passport using your husband surname. But how come when i get my passport that was last month of april they didnt require me that certificate and im using the surename of my husband now in my passport. Do u think i will not have any problems during the time i will submit my passport in the embassy together with my application? Im just really confused regarding this also thats why i ask u about it. Hope to hear from you soon about this.. Thanks again for all the replies... Take care and God bless you always i mean for both of you...

Paul and Jovelyn

Quote Originally Posted by Gensanbritish @ May 14 2006, 06:50 AM
    Hi Ivor and mel,

Thank you so much for the information that u gave to me regarding evidences. Im going to start looking for a flat album in the mall and start making all the evidences that i need. By the way, i just want to asked also about my passport. I've heard that if u married to a foreigner u need to attend CFO seminar first in order to have this CFO certificate. Thats one of the requirments of getting passport using your husband surname. But how come when i get my passport that was last month of april they didnt require me that certificate and im using the surename of my husband now in my passport. Do u think i will not have any problems during the time i will submit my passport in the embassy together with my application? Im just really confused regarding this also thats why i ask u about it. Hope to hear from you soon about this.. Thanks again for all the replies... Take care and God bless you always i mean for both of you...
    Paul and Jovelyn
    Hi Paul and Jovelyn,

The CFO certificate is of no concern to the British Embassy: it is needed for a Filipino to be able to leave the Philippines, and, as far as I understand, you can either do the CFO before or after you have been for interview and got the visa, though it makes more sense to me to do the CFO after you have your visa (which is what we did). There have been several postings about the CFO experience and links given to the official CFO sites. Unfortunately, the search engine on the Forum does not allow searches of less than 4 characters, so you can't search for "CFO"! Try searching for "Euphrasia" and that should throw up a few posts.

You have a valid passport - that is all the British Embassy will be bothered about for the interview

Ivor and Mel

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gensanbritish &#064; May 14 2006, 05&#58;50 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Hi Ivor and mel,

Thank you so much for the information that u gave to me regarding evidences. Im going to start looking for a flat album in the mall and start making all the evidences that i need. By the way, i just want to asked also about my passport. I&#39;ve heard that if u married to a foreigner u need to attend CFO seminar first in order to have this CFO certificate. Thats one of the requirments of getting passport using your husband surname. But how come when i get my passport that was last month of april they didnt require me that certificate and im using the surename of my husband now in my passport. Do u think i will not have any problems during the time i will submit my passport in the embassy together with my application? Im just really confused regarding this also thats why i ask u about it. Hope to hear from you soon about this.. Thanks again for all the replies... Take care and God bless you always i mean for both of you...
    Paul and Jovelyn
    [/b][/quote]

Hi Ivor and mel,

Ohh thank u so much for answering all my questions. Now i dont need to worry about that. This site has a big help to the filipina like me whos still processing there visa. Thank you very very much and God bless you always and also to your relationship..

Paul and Jovelyn

Quote Originally Posted by Gensanbritish @ May 15 2006, 08:36 AM
    Hi Ivor and mel,
    Ohh thank u so much for answering all my questions. Now i dont need to worry about that. This site has a big help to the filipina like me whos still processing there visa. Thank you very very much and God bless you always and also to your relationship..

Paul and Jovelyn
    Thanks for your kind wishes. And good luck to you both. Don't forget to start preparing together for the interview in case they call you

Ivor and Mel

Administrator
    Isn&#39;t that nice, as Pete often points out, we all help a lot of people on here, but few thank us for it. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bigcry.gif[/img]
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Free Asian dating & forum - www.filipinouk.co.uk
    Subscription dating, 1000's of members - www.asiansingle4u.com
    Professional gambling & forum - www.win2win.co.uk
    Betting bot reviews - www.exchangebots.com
    Professional poker & forum - www.win2winpoker.co.uk
    Astronomy forum - www.astronomy-forum.co.uk
    Company site - www.win2win-limited.co.uk

Respected Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gensanbritish &#064; May 14 2006, 06&#58;50 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Hi Ivor and mel,

Paul and Jovelyn
    [/b][/quote]
    My wife did the CFO trip at least twice, once when she got her passport, then again when she got it in my name. And maybe even once again when we decided to leave the country.

First time she just paid the money and got the stamp/sticker/whatever, never even went in, as they were too lazy to do it just for her. That was back in 1996 I think.

Second time they gave her all sorts of guff about how dangerous and violent we British guys can be [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Erm.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gensanbritish &#064; May 14 2006, 05&#58;50 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Hi Ivor and mel,

Paul and Jovelyn
    [/b][/quote]

Hi did your wife use your surname when she applied for visa?? If yes did the she requested to present her cfo certificate during her interview? Hope to hear from you soon regarding this...

Paul and Jovelyn

Quote Originally Posted by Gensanbritish @ May 17 2006, 10:47 AM
    Hi did your wife use your surname when she applied for visa?? If yes did the she requested to present her cfo certificate during her interview? Hope to hear from you soon regarding this...
    Paul and Jovelyn
    Er... Mel is my fiancee, not my wife - for a few more weeks I'm sure others will be able to advise on what name to use!

Ivor and Mel

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(admin &#064; May 15 2006, 02&#58;20 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Isn&#39;t that nice, as Pete often points out, we all help a lot of people on here, but few thank us for it. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bigcry.gif[/img]
    [/b][/quote]

Hi Pauldo did your wife use your surname when she applied for visa in her application?? If yes did the she requested to present her cfo certificate during her interview? Hope to hear from you soon regarding this...

london well away from those people up norf
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gensanbritish &#064; May 19 2006, 10&#58;42 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Hi Pauldo did your wife use your surname when she applied for visa in her application?? If yes did the she requested to present her cfo certificate during her interview? Hope to hear from you soon regarding this...
    [/b][/quote]

My Wife changed her surname to mine, she had to go to the CFO to get a letter to show the DFA (i think thats the passport offices name) then got a new passport in her married name. She also has her old cancelled passport in her maiden name as well.

You don&#39;t need to change your Surname, but its the custom and seems to make life easier for Women to do so regarding paperwork.

If you plan to use your married name once in the UK, it might be best to get your Passport changed before getting your Visa. Otherwise im sure both the Phill and brit goverments will charge hefty amounts of money to do this once in the UK and im sure queueing or waiting around will enter the equation as well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gensanbritish &#064; May 19 2006, 09&#58;42 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    [/b][/quote]

Hi Pauldo thanks for your reply. Actually the surname of my husband is appeared in my passport already. But just wondering they didnt required me to present that cfo certificate when i get my passport that was last month of may. Well i really dont know about that cfo. I just read in the other site regarding visa that u have to attend that seminar after u get your visa. Thats all i know about it. Well do u think i dont need to worry about this? coz im going to submit my application by the end of june and i will use the surname of husband.Hope to hear from you again.. Thanks and God bless you..

Paul and Jovelyn

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gensanbritish &#064; May 19 2006, 09&#58;42 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    [/b][/quote]

Hi Andypaul thanks for your reply. Actually the surname of my husband is appeared in my passport already. But just wondering they didnt required me to present that cfo certificate when i get my passport that was last month of may. Well i really dont know about that cfo. I just read in the other site regarding visa that u have to attend that seminar after u get your visa. Thats all i know about it. Well do u think i dont need to worry about this? coz im going to submit my application by the end of june and i will use the surname of husband.Hope to hear from you again.. Thanks and God bless you..

visa fee

I am writing regarding the payment of the visa application fee for settlement visa with my husband, do I have to pay this before the courier collects, and if so how many days before.

Also I would like to know if I could get back any documents I submit as evidence for visa application such as personal letters sent from my husband.

I look forward to hearing your reply,

Yours sincerely

Jovelyn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information