We have 3 guinea pigs (and fishes) in our house as pets, but we also feed birds (too many of them now, probably around 30 or more!) and squirrels (2 of them) in our garden. (You now know why Keith hates cats! ) We regularly buy peanuts, bird seeds & suet balls for them. Until last night, we didn't know we have hedgehogs as well! I went out to put the rubbish in the wheelie bin last night when I saw a hedgehog eating some of the peanuts and bird seeds on the ground (the ones that the birds usually drop). I thought it was a wasp nest at first until I look closely. I started reading online how to keep them coming and it said I should put a bowl of water and hedgehog food, so I did it last night. Tonight, I put a bowl of food and water again and I've seen the hedgehog back! After waiting for it to finish eating and get back to its house (I waited so I know where it lives), I got the bowl of food to refill it in case it needs more. When I got out to put back the bowl of food, I've seen there's two of them and was quite noisy! We have more wild animals in our garden now. I wonder if we can get some fox or badger next...

I love living in the countryside!