Thread: Re: Biometric id

Respected Member

Re: Biometric id

hello everyone.. I just want some advice, im a fiancé visa holder and im already here in uk.. do I need to get my biometric ID? We went to nearest post office here and they say I should show notification letter from uk boarder which I didn't receive when they sent back all my documents. im a bit worried now as what Ive read in an article the biometric should be collected 10 days upon arrival. Is fiancée visa included on this? I hope somebody here could answer my enquiry..
    cheers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Travellor View Post
    hello everyone.. I just want some advice, im a fiancé visa holder and im already here in uk.. do I need to get my biometric ID? We went to nearest post office here and they say I should show notification letter from uk boarder which I didn't receive when they sent back all my documents. im a bit worried now as what Ive read in an article the biometric should be collected 10 days upon arrival. Is fiancée visa included on this? I hope somebody here could answer my enquiry..
    cheers!!
    The information you read relating to BRP's would relate only to those folks who made application to stay longer that 6 months. Fiancee visa is 6 months max restricted visa.

Once you get married you should the apply for FLR(M) - Leave to remain - as soon as you can after the marriage. That FLR(M) form will also include your application for BRP

Those folks who enter UK as a spouse have a 33 month validity of visa and it's they who need to collect with 10 days of UK entry.

When's the wedding ?

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Maritess BRP notification arrived earlier this week so we are going to Post Office at Sheffield on Tuesday 18th to get it done, it's now 9 weeks since we went to Checking Service!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    The information you read relating to BRP's would relate only to those folks who made application to stay longer that 6 months. Fiancee visa is 6 months max restricted visa.

Once you get married you should the apply for FLR(M) - Leave to remain - as soon as you can after the marriage. That FLR(M) form will also include your application for BRP

Those folks who enter UK as a spouse have a 33 month validity of visa and it's they who need to collect with 10 days of UK entry.

When's the wedding ?
    Thank you Terpe for the informative reply... no definite date yet of wedding

hi, I am holding a spouse visa and has been living here in the UK with hubby for over a year and half. I read here that a BRP is now required for spouse visa holder since August 2015, that's just over a couple of months ago. I came to UK in 2014. Do I need to get a BRP ID? Is it required for me to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by DAnn View Post
    hi, I am holding a spouse visa and has been living here in the UK with hubby for over a year and half. I read here that a BRP is now required for spouse visa holder since August 2015, that's just over a couple of months ago. I came to UK in 2014. Do I need to get a BRP ID? Is it required for me to do so?
    The recent changes were rolled out 2015
    For Philippines it was May 2015

But only applies to entry clearance from then.

You will need to wait until your next visa application ( FLR(M) ) until you can apply BRP
    You can only apply when you apply for a visa.
    Same for your daughter.

Hello all

I was looking for BRP
    thread and found this thank God! I just have a question becoz i am applying for my visa extension soon FLR (M) (i am on a 5-yr route). Here are my questions:

1. If i decide to do the premium services, can I do the biometrics there? is it included in the premium svcs fees?

2. Are they going to give me the BRP card or ID? or will be delivered to me after application? ( I really want a physical ID)

3. Is using premium svcs worh it? and how long is the waiting times if sending the application by post?

Thanks so much in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    The recent changes were rolled out 2015
    For Philippines it was May 2015

But only applies to entry clearance from then.

You will need to wait until your next visa application ( FLR(M) ) until you can apply BRP
    You can only apply when you apply for a visa.
    Same for your daughter.
    Thank you Terpe, this is very helpful information!

Hello Miss Di we will be asking the same questions shortly did you find the answers to your questions ?

Thread Information