Thread: Using KODI, VPN's to get other TV channels

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Using KODI, VPN's to get other TV channels

A comment by SLIP on another topic got me looking into KODI but wondered if anyone on here has any experience of using KODI.

Some of the forums (techy) suggest using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) so you can get access to other TV channels. My wife would like to get a malware free way of getting Filipino TV channels as paying £20 or more seems a bit high just for one channel.

I installed Kodi on a laptop and was able to access TCM channel but not much luck with any others. Maybe using a VPN toconnect to a server in the Philippines might be the answer. Before i go ahead trying this stuff i just don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone on here has done it already or got good or bad experiences to share?

You can download Philippine programs on Bitlord. Other than that, using a proxy may help. Try a free or demo one. http://www.cyberghostvpn.com is good.
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by lordna View Post
    A comment by SLIP on another topic got me looking into KODI but wondered if anyone on here has any experience of using KODI.

Some of the forums (techy) suggest using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) so you can get access to other TV channels. My wife would like to get a malware free way of getting Filipino TV channels as paying £20 or more seems a bit high just for one channel.

I installed Kodi on a laptop and was able to access TCM channel but not much luck with any others. Maybe using a VPN toconnect to a server in the Philippines might be the answer. Before i go ahead trying this stuff i just don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone on here has done it already or got good or bad experiences to share?
    I must admit to not having found any decent working links for Philippine content on kodi. Yes there is plenty to be found, but none seems to work, ones that do Harlene had no interest in.

When I purchased Kodi from eBay the sellers listing said "it will work 100% of the time, but I can not guarantee every link you try to view will work 100% of the time"
    But to be perfectly honest, although I have found this to be the case... There ALWAYS seems to be another link showing what you want if you search around.

Thread Information